Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed Enter at your own risk. This is the land of political discussions, jokes, and nonsense posts.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:15 PM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
Our congress at work...

WATCH WITH CAUTION

please post this wherever you can.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

I didn't watch the whole thing, but it appears to be excerpts, not shown in their full context. At any rate, if this did occur in 2004 and the Democrats are completely to blame, why didn't the Republicans get the additional regulation they claim in this video to have wanted since they had a majority in the House and Senate as well as a Republican president? With smaller government being the battle cry of the party, it is difficult to believe that they are and were the ones calling for increased regulation. It seems to me that the Republicans are sensing that the Dems messages are resonating a bit better with the country right now so they are trying to use them for their own (e.g. change, regulation).

... or I'm missing the point entirely.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:25 PM

your first comment is exactly my point, and partisanship is not important. edited video taken for what it's worth, seems there was concern for these mortgage dealings years ago. I ask why was it let to get to where it is today. I say we must make our views heard in washington and every capitol of every state in this union. this type of behavior is not acceptable.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkTJ View Post
partisanship is not important.
Apparently it was to the one who edited this video.

Quote:
edited video taken for what it's worth, seems there was concern for these mortgage dealings years ago
If you want the full unbiased story, you would have to watch an full-length unedited version of these hearings. Edited video and/or reporter commentaries can be made to say just about anything, and the only thing this video tells me is that the editor is a Republican.

Our media is supposed to be unbiased, however, if you want a dose of Democrat bashing, you simply tune to Fox News and watch Bill-O or Neil Cavuto. If you want some Republican trashing, MSNBC is your source with Chris Mattews and Keith-O.

Simply tune to your favorite channel.

Quote:
I ask why was it let to get to where it is today.
Our wonderful government and the slew of lobbyists should be able to answer that (regardless of the industry I might add). Apparently, no one learned from the S&L debacle.

Quote:
this type of behavior is not acceptable.
Sure it is, it is called capitalism and greed. The sad part is that it will happen again, and it is actually happening right now as creative people are already finding ways around the "new" policies. Yet, no one is talking about it because it is not "news worthy" or "juicy" enough.

All the talks about it is just jibberish, and a band-aid solution won't fix the problem. Lawmakers should get their heads out of their arses unless they would rather set a date for say 15-years from now in anticipation of the next debacle.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:43 PM

thank you for your input.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:53 PM

This isn't a partisan problem - it's a greed and image problem.

IMO our entire government wanted something rosey - and what is better then a home for every American - the "American Dream" - so they relaxed the rules and they some greedy wall street pig figured out that he could bundle these into a "stock" and make lots of money - and bang - you have the current issue.

PS - Jeff - I heard a rumor you are no longer in Cali - say it ain't so Joe? (quoting Sarah Palin whom I SURE has no idea who "Joe" is or was).

Jeff