Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 12-20-2003, 04:02 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Smile 12 weeks into my weight loss program

For those interested.

12 weeks ago I had started a post about weight loss and opinions on Atkins. I ended up doing a little tweaking to make my own plan but "generally" following Atkins but not as close as others or how he's had it written. Basically, I've added things in different order then what he suggests.

Well 12 weeks in, I've lost 32.5 pounds. I have also broke down and bought some new clothes because even with the belts, my clothes just weren't going to hold out a few more sizes.

I began working out pretty consistently 2 weeks after starting (but had a lull for a few weeks when I wasn't feeling well) and I hopped back on this week because I finally could breath right, I dropped 3.5 pounds. This is the first big loss since Thanksgiving (where I tried some carb blocker pills and had proper portions of starchy foods like potatoes and peas). I have been consistently losing even when I wasn't exercising though.

I had upped my carb levels from 20 the first few weeks to 25 as I noticed I would stop for a week then lose again. I have enough weight to lose that I wanted to keep it going until I wanted to slow it. So trying to up my carbs to 25 to see if I would instead gain, I dropped and have been each week ever since.

My body definitely looks slimmer and I bought clothing that accents that and I'm fitting into clothing that I haven't been able to for years, including the sweaters I bought today. I never dreamed what I'd be able to fit into at this point.

Even at this point, I'm just a little short of my mini goal of 40 pounds by this comign Tuesday, I'm not disappointed at all by the progress I've made. Everyone who knows me or sees me on a daily basis has noticed the loss and are always commenting on it. That makes me feel pretty damn good.

So this post is for those of you that were curious because after the last one, I really haven't posted much except for a quick little blurb in one thread.

Thanks for reading!! Maybe for those thinking about losing weight (because someone always looks to lose weight after the holidays), this may give them the nerve to give this a shot. I'm never hungry, I'm never tired and I'm almost always hyper.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 12-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Thanks for the update....and glad to hear you got a method that is working for you! Being able to see those weekly results is a big plus for sure. Keep up the good work(out)!
Old 12-20-2003, 06:07 PM
Reggae

Thumbs up

It's good that you are not disappointed. Examine what you did wrong, come up with a better plan, and try too lose 40 lbs in the next 12 weeks. We are all rooting for you!

Perfect that WD-40 plan, and make big bucks writing a book about it!
Old 12-20-2003, 06:32 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
It's good that you are not disappointed. Examine what you did wrong, come up with a better plan, and try too lose 40 lbs in the next 12 weeks. We are all rooting for you!

Perfect that WD-40 plan, and make big bucks writing a book about it!
I think being sick for those few weeks killed the 40 goal as I wasn't doing much in the way of exercizing. It'll be interesting to see if I can pull 40 out over the next 12 weeks.

March 13th will be 12 weeks from now. Not sure if I want to lose that fast just because I've been hearing the horror stories about peoples skin not keeping up with the loss. I'm not to scared of that as I'm still young but anything can happen. If I was to lose 40 pounds by that time, I'll be just about 30 off of my main goal. Would be interesting to hit 180 by then though I was looking to hit that by June.

As for the WD-40 diet, it's too close to Atkins for me to call it my own.

Both of you, thanks for the support, especally you Sergey, it means a lot to me.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 12-20-2003, 08:36 PM

Good for You!

Isn't it great having to buy new clothes because you are too small to fit in them?

Deserves got nothing to do with it
Old 12-20-2003, 10:27 PM

Congrats on that fantastic weight loss, it's so hard to do and you're doing great. Keep at it, you're well on your way. I'm also on a semi-Atkins diet and as of this morning have dropped 21 lbs since late August... from 196 to 175. 10 lbs. to go. Probably a lot of my loss has just been from cutting out the 5-6 hamburgers a week, sometimes more, and all those chocolate milkshakes that I dearly miss.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:18 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Awesome, keep up the good work!
Old 12-21-2003, 04:28 AM
The king of shotgun debate

Re: 12 weeks into my weight loss program

Quote:
Originally posted by Wind_Danzer

My body definitely looks slimmer and I bought clothing that accents that and I'm fitting into clothing that I haven't been able to for years, including the sweaters I bought today. I never dreamed what I'd be able to fit into at this point.
A few days ago I remember a post asking something along the lines of "How are you celebrating Christmas?"

As I read your joyful enthusiasm Jamie I have to say, I like your way of Celebrating a lot!

Success breads success Jamie. Over the last 12 weeks you have had one success after the other in reaching your goal.

Use these success and don't loose sight of what you are going after.

It's yours for the tasks of doing it, and you know what those tasks are. Anything less is not success, but rather an interesting conversation at best.

God Bless you and keep it up till you reach your goal. I have no doubt you will reach it.

For what it is worth, I am proud of you.

Well done Jamie, but "What are You going to do for You today?" Commit Jamie, every day, to YOU!

Frank
Old 12-21-2003, 05:31 AM

Wow. Jamie, when you get all done with that willpower and resolve-will you send it to me? I am sure I could use it.
I am impressed. Keep it up.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:03 AM
Arizona Chick

Hey all,

Thanks for the well wishing and Frank, thanks for the wonderful post.

Tumbleweed,

As I sit here eating my breakfast of 3 scrambled eggs and 3 slices of bacon one thinks you could do this too. I don't eat bacon everyday but it is one of the foods that you can eat.

If you are looking for will-power and resolve in the way of dropping a few pounds, try this. You'll have to have some inner strength to prevent you from eating off plan but if you want to do it, I'm sure you can.

If anyone is interested in recepies of some sort, I have 3 books now and a few websites I can point you in the direction of to make soem pretty good stuff. I've learned how to make some incredible cheesecakes and I'll be making cinnimon applesauce bars to bring out with me. My staple meals have become chicken fajitas w/o the tortillias, steak and green beans and pork chop with saurkraut. I also usually have a salad for lunch everyday with some tuna on the side and a hard boiled egg for breakfast.

It may not seem like a lot but I'm not starving.

Old 12-21-2003, 08:19 AM

Congrats!
I know what you mean about the clothes thing. I just bought my first belt in 15 years (it was cheaper than all new jeans). I've dropped 35 pounds since the beginning of August. I'm on the "don't eat as much junk" diet.
No books, no name-brand diets, just better eating. 198 to 163.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:17 AM
Arizona Chick

I usually do two weigh ins, one Saturday night to stay consistant with the numbers (as my very first "start" weigh in was done Saturday night) and I do an "unofficial" weigh in Sunday mornings. This morning I was down another pound and a 1/2 from last night. I use this number to appease the parents who thing I'm silly for weigh in at night and don't seem to grasp the idea of consistancy.