Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2002, 09:27 PM
Reggae

Question Drywall Questions

How do you screw things onto drywall? I am hanging some stuff in the bathroom. I borrowed one of those stud sensors, found a vertical, and mounted the paper towel dispenser with drywall screws; that vent very well (for one row of screws, anyway). However, there are no conveniently located studs behind the drywall to mount a towel rack, TP dispenser, etc. Is there a good way to mount those without a stud under drywall?

Also, I screwed a board with hangers onto the door with a couple of coarse drywall screws. Somehow I was under impression that doors are solid pressed board, however, I was wrong, the door is hollow inside. I am not sure that the screws will hold. Is there a way to do it right? (I know: there are racks available that clip on top of the door, but are there other ways? Liquid nails in addition to screws maybe?)