Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 05-31-2002, 12:03 PM

Moabe??? Anyone know this guy???

Just curious how many people know who this ass is???
Old 05-31-2002, 12:06 PM

Only what I've read on JU - appears he likes to get drunk and drive off road.

He is a poster child for the land closure folks

Please do not invite him to our sandbox.

Jeff
Old 05-31-2002, 12:10 PM

He's a known troll on the JU OT board. I think he's from Texas. I know he's PO'd alot of people both on line, and from what I've read, on the trails.
I'm glad he isn't on the JU CJ board, the last bastion of sanity over there.
Old 05-31-2002, 12:14 PM

While I am certainly not a fan - he does posess a drunken wit that is amusing upon rare ocassion - he tore up Old Man Pucker Brad one day that had me spewing coffee all over my keyboard.
Old 05-31-2002, 12:26 PM

Some guys from Texas say he's not really a bad guy in person. Just an idiot on JU. I like messing with him when ever I get the chance.
Old 05-31-2002, 12:31 PM

Believe me. There is no way I would invite him here. He has been added to me severe hit list as of recently.

He jumped into another forum that I am on, and has really begun to get under everyone's skin. Typical attn whore, and crap. Then he starts threatening people (myself included), and talking about people's wives and kids. This is where I get really ****ed off. As far as I'm concerned, kids are sacred, and under no circumstances should they be drawn into any flame war.

Anyway, I start looking around a bit, and find that he is over on the JU board doing the same pathetic stuff. So, I look a little deeper, and find out who he works for, their phone number, email addresses of those he works for, etc. I email him directly after he says a few choice words about my kids to ask him to stop before I go above him and report the behavior to his boss. Now, I keep getting the typical harrasment emails from him as well. Since he does all of his crap from his work computer, and work email address, his company is responsible for its employees actions while he is at work, and on their equipment. I have since contacted his employer to let them know what is going on, and a waiting for a response.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue with him since he is pretty well known on JU for being a prick. I did notice that William has an issue with him.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeepincj7

... and talking about people's wives and kids. This is where I get really ****ed off. As far as I'm concerned, kids are sacred, and under no circumstances should they be drawn into any flame war.

I agree.
He first got on "screw with at every opportunity" list when he went on about some ones sister......
Old 05-31-2002, 02:58 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by TJRON
Some guys from Texas say he's not really a bad guy in person. Just an idiot on JU.
That sounds like a few people round here too!!!!
Old 05-31-2002, 03:54 PM

That idot's been on my list since his first 10 posts. Haven't read anything he's started since then. Boy that list is getting big!

Jeeper
Old 05-31-2002, 04:31 PM

Well, the forum that I found him on wasn't JU. Anyway,
I got the response that I was looking for from his company. Problem has been solved for now.

Just goes to show that nobody is untouchable just because they sit behind a computer.
Old 05-31-2002, 04:37 PM

So, what was the reply??? You don't have to name the company or anything, just curious as to their response.

Jeeper
Old 05-31-2002, 04:49 PM

I got a phone call from the owner of the company. She whole heartedly agreed that Moabe was way out of line, and that because he chose to post and email everything from his company email address that he would be dealt with accordingly. I just brought everything to their attention, nothing more. His actions are what was unexceptable to her.

Just for the record, I have NEVER done anything like this before. Normally, its simply water off a duck's back, but he went after my wife and my kids, and that is simply unexceptable to me. I could have simply kept going after me, but as soon as they came into the situation, it was over for him. If I had lived closer to Texas, it would have been worth the night in jail to confront his ass personally, but that was not an option.

Anyway, lets just hope that he learns a lesson, and can treat people with a little more respect. That's all I really wanted anyway.
Old 05-31-2002, 05:20 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Some threads never end happily......

Some threads never seem to end at all, they just kind of die on the vine.....

This thread, though, seems to have a great ending! I LOVE IT!
Old 05-31-2002, 07:09 PM

This almost reminds me of one of my battles with Harry B. I forget what everyone was mad at him about, but one day, my boss calls me into his office and asks me what was going on. (Harry is an Airforce Officer) I explain the tit for tat stuff.. And my boss says he was told about an arguement and name calling going on RAMJAW between Harry and I.. and that I should watch out becuase I knew that Harry was an officer. He never would say who emailed him or who called him or who told him. But, it was.. funny. He didn't put much effort into, almost saying that it wasn't a big deal. But, the fact that it happened.. That was sum enough.

This incedent here.. with Moabe, reminds me that at work, I've got to watch what I post on JU. I never email anything bad, or harsh from work, in fact from work, I'm usually working something out via email.

But, this is a lesson for me to just knock off what I'm doing. Most of it's meant as entertainment.. But in hindsight, the whole OmanJeep thing was way off the mark...
Old 05-31-2002, 07:15 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Hi Scotty,

I'd say you handled that well.

I understand that the internet is in many way an outlet for folks. And all folks use that outlet differently. Some take it to extremes, using the anonymous nature of the net as an enabler to go crazy.

Why they have a need to go crazy is beyond me. I guess to each their own.

I have to say, when someone is "Reached Out and Touched" as you did with this situation, a big smile goes across my face.

Most folks can give most folks a hard time, and we all know it's the net and for the most part "play", but wives and especially children do not ever get put in that category.

Well Done.

Frank
Old 05-31-2002, 07:31 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Quote:
Originally posted by Wumpy
This almost reminds me of one of my battles with Harry B. I forget what everyone was mad at him about, but one day, my boss calls me into his office and asks me what was going on. (Harry is an Airforce Officer) I explain the tit for tat stuff.. And my boss says he was told about an arguement and name calling going on RAMJAW between Harry and I.. and that I should watch out becuase I knew that Harry was an officer. He never would say who emailed him or who called him or who told him. But, it was.. funny. He didn't put much effort into, almost saying that it wasn't a big deal. But, the fact that it happened.. That was sum enough.

This incedent here.. with Moabe, reminds me that at work, I've got to watch what I post on JU. I never email anything bad, or harsh from work, in fact from work, I'm usually working something out via email.

But, this is a lesson for me to just knock off what I'm doing. Most of it's meant as entertainment.. But in hindsight, the whole OmanJeep thing was way off the mark...
William, the council you received was correct,

However ......

Harry B's rank does not make him an Officer. His behavior does, or in his case didn't.

Want to feel good .....

I assure you Harry was "reached out and touched too!"

And I am quite certain he didn't like it! But then again, his own actions, that from an Officers perspective where grossly out of line for a very long time.

(Please know, I had nothing to do with you being "reached out and touched")

You once complemented me on my demeanor. That means a lot to me, for that is how an Officer behaves, with respect for all, especially the enlisted.

Frank
Old 06-02-2002, 09:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
He's a waste of space.
Old 06-03-2002, 09:24 AM

Considering that I don't live too far from him (he's just over in the next county from me) I can try and track him down for anyone...

My Free Gear Ratio Calculator (In Metric Too)
Old 06-04-2002, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daless2
[B]
Harry B's rank does not make him an Officer. His behavior does, or in his case didn't.
While I understand the spirit of what you say, I'm bound by my agreement to treat him as one. How I reenlisted.

Quote:
Want to feel good .....
I assure you Harry was "reached out and touched too!"
I don't know if I take any pleasure in it (or at least, I shouldn't..), but, you know, it's good that there is acountability. I need that to keep me in check sometimes, and I'm sure he did to. I'm glad that I have some friends who let me know when I'm being an ass. Often, I don't realize untill I'm about neck deep in. you know.. It's better to come from a friend, who has your best interest at heart, than from someone else who is simply cracking a whip.

Quote:
Please know, I had nothing to do with you being "reached out and touched".
I never considered it. To this day, I don't know who did, but I don't think I'm to mad about it. Now a days, I'm more of the idea that if you have a problem with me, tell me yourself. When I talked with the culprit of the ! persona, and we hashed out our differences via email. In a pretty proffesional, matter of fact manner. Once we understood eachother, it was easy to see how we had a small understanding and grew into something worse.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm an asshole at heart, and trying to be nice is contrary to my character, or if I'm just guilty of reacting bad to people that don't fit well with me.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by William
Sometimes I wonder if I'm an asshole at heart, and trying to be nice is contrary to my character
William,
you can stop your wondering
Old 06-04-2002, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by William

(snip) Sometimes I wonder if I'm an asshole at heart, and trying to be nice is contrary to my character...(snip)
Hey, balance makes the person. Without a little of both sides we're a bunch of ecstasy nuts. Which begs the question: Is it better to be a natural asshole trying to be nice, or a nice guy trying to be an asshole?

Did I say you guys are great?

Dave
Old 06-05-2002, 04:01 PM

Moabe is my buddy...