Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 06-21-2002, 01:39 PM

You Meet The Nicest People Jeeping...............

I made a new friend this week.
Scott Dickinson from Sacramento was in town (Las Vegas) with his family for a week and wanted to get away from the shopping and gambling. He had seen my name on JU and got in touch. We got in three days of wheeling and a little fishing with his niece, Kiley. We had a great time and I hope Scott joins this board.

His 9 year old niece was one great kid. She had a choice of going to Wet & Wild water park or some light wheeling and fishing on Lake Mojave. She chose fishing without hesitation. This 9 year old fished for 4 hours solid. Scott had to make her stop to eat lunch and drink water. She did her own fishing rigs and baited her own hooks with anchovies or worms and was just a real treat to be around and watch.

You meet the nicest people Jeeping!
Ron
Old 06-21-2002, 03:54 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tim
i will second that.

we have had a few jeepers that we met on various jeep sites stay over on weekends without actually meeting them first and it has been rewarding every time.

i went camping two years ago with 3 other jeepers i had just met and we had a ball. there was something we had in common and all were very enthusiastic about it. there was never a dull point in conversation.

more proof that there really is a jeep thing.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:27 PM

You preach on brother,

Mike Palmer,
Chris L
William
Shalom
Higlet
Clayton
Shay
Tiggersbounce
Wharfrat
Bruce
Fred Olmstead
gsxrjeeper
and many others.....

You guys are great and really care about helping others. Gotta go now, I feel a group hug coming on.....

Hunter
Old 06-22-2002, 11:27 AM

Yep Ron!

It's hard to match the companionship that seems to follow Jeepin' & the folks you meet while doing so!

Nice pics! So did you help eat the fish??
Old 06-22-2002, 12:04 PM

No Joe, she caught two. The second was bigger than the one shown but still small by striper standards. We released them but I think she would have liked to eat them!
Old 06-22-2002, 11:18 PM

Cool Thank You Ron!!!

I was going to start a similar thread Ron, but you beat me to it. I got home this afternoon and posted an introduction on JeepBBS this evening. This should be my post #2.

I just wanted to let everyone know what a GREAT host you were. You and your wife made Kiley (My niece) and I feel at home instantly. We had a great time all three days and saw some fantastic country. I look forward to our next trip to Las Vegas. I never thought there would be so much wheelin' fun and variety in that area.

Now, anyone that thinks that AC is for wimps needs to go to Las Vegas and wheel for a few days in late June or july. It was friggin' hot (105 low high to about 110 for the high high). Thank God for a well running AC system.

I am lucky to have a nine year old niece that was willing to "hang" with TJRON and myself trapsing through the desert endlessly. Great kid. She talked non-stop about fishing until she jumped on her plane, back to Hawaii, Friday morning.

I have been to Las Vegas 1 to 2 times per year for 15 years and have never had this much fun. Luckily I reached out to a fellow Jeeper and asked for some wheelin' tips for the area and he (Ron) responded by becoming the fantastic host.

Anyway. Thanks Ron!!
Grey '00 TJ 4.0, WarnXD9000i/X Line, D44/30 (4.56) ... Atlas, Warn Hubs(F&R), Rear Disc, RE4.5, 1" BL/MM Lift, DT3000's, ARB Locked-F/R, Tomken Gas Skid, 4XD Rocker Guard, MORE HC Bumper, YORK OBA, Garvin Tire Carrier/Trail Rack, Rockhard Cage, GY 35x12.50 MTR / Hellcat's

http://fototime.com/480DEB5DE804473/thumbnail.jpg