Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 09-11-2003, 04:18 PM

MM/BL, AA Tcase, Belly up questions :)

I'm soon going to replace my almost bald 33" MT/R's with a set of 35's

Im going to need a BL to fit them, and will be going belly-up this winter. Is a 1" sufficient, or is the 1.25" better for the belly up? All things considered, I prefer to keep the BL to a minimum, but I'm sure the .25" makes a difference somewhere in this project.

I'm planning to go with MORE 1" mm lift and the AA bracket. Is PN 715542 the correct part# for the AA bracket (99tj, 231, 5-speed)?

I'm sorry for what I'm sure are repeat questions. I'm running on a primative 24k dialup and surfing/searching is not a pleasant experience.

I have not decided on what skid to run yet, but I want to get the correct BL and bracket in preparation for it.

Thanks!
mark
Old 09-11-2003, 06:05 PM

Smile

Hey Mark,

dunno about other belly ups, but with the 33engineering one the 1.25 JKS bodylift indeed gave me just the extra clearance I could use. Especially since I've heard other people complain about having to grind on the AA Tcase bracket (you've got the correct part # BTW ). Mine just barely hits on the tub (installed some insulation material on it to keep the knocking down).
I did my bodylift together with a 1" Currie motormount lift.
After the belly up I sstill had to slightly adjust the fan shroud because of the tilt on the tranny/Tcase/engine.

HTH a little

Oh: and I love the 2 piece design from the 33engineering belly up
Old 09-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Banned

Hold your horses Mark. I am planning to take off my MORE 1" POLY MM and 1.25 JKS BL lifts off. Hopefully real soon.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:19 PM

Iceman - thanx for the info
I'm considering the Currie and the 33 Engineering, and the DIY version depending on how much time I have available.

Linyee - thanks for the secret kosher chinese BBQ sauce . UPS came this afternoon and I'm going to make chinese BBQ ribs tomorrow night

Why are you removing the BL/MML and how soon??????

My tires are OK on the road, but really starting to suck on the trail. 46,000 miles will do that to a tire I suppose

later,
mark
Old 09-11-2003, 07:34 PM
Banned

Please use the BBQ sauce sparringly, next shipment will not be arrived until next April.

Since the installation of RE LA 5.5 I have been thinking to take the 1.25 BL off. I have not done yet, becasue I am waiting to see how it looks when I put in my 37" MT/r. The 17" rims are holding me back now. They will not be in until 3 more weeks.

As for the poly MM, I am going to swithch back to rubber type.

Later,