Go Back   JeepBBS > What Where When > Overlanders Unlimited

Overlanders Unlimited This is a forum to discuss expedition vehicles and trailer options, a place to talk about builds, modifications, and designs, as well as past and future adventure trips.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:55 PM
dennisuello

Off-road tours

Anyone has experience with "off-road adventure tours"? I am kicking around some ideas picking up a large, capable rig, like FZJ80 and offer off-road tours ranging from few hours long to potentially multi-day "expeditions".

I have the time and resources to purchase the rig. My concerns are with legal and liability issues. I already have an LLC set up that his would be under (I run my local off-road site under it now).
Old 11-17-2007, 02:40 PM

I'd be interested to see what you find out regarding liabilty and insurance issues. I had considered the idea of doing something similar, but everyone I spoke to said the insurance would be a killer.

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 11-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Here is a site with links to various companies that offer offroad tours. You might want to contact a few of them to see how they handle the liability issue.
http://www.totalescape.com/active/wheelz/tours.html
You might also look into some of the whitewater rafting companies. Same concept, different mode of transportation.