Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 12-04-2007, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Weston View Post
What about electric vehicles? ... of course, we'll build nuclear power plants to generate the juice.
What's wrong with nuclear power plants? It's a completely clean source of engery production aside from the waste, which can be recycled and reused.

Why can't we come up with a good place to store the waste and build nuclear power plants?

I still can't figure out why every roof and back yard across the south west doesn't have solar panels and wind turbines.

It makes no sense. The west, or all places in the U.S. should be practically energy independent when it comes to electricity.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

My response was tongue-n-cheek as there always seems to be a cry for electric vehicles without addressing the fact that electricity has to be generated to power them.

FWIW, I'll take my chances with the nuke plants as the benefits far outweigh the risks as far as I can tell. If we can have warships facing battle with reactors in their bellies, certainly we can safely operate a power facility, correct?
Old 12-05-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Weston View Post
My response was tongue-n-cheek as there always seems to be a cry for electric vehicles without addressing the fact that electricity has to be generated to power them.
Considering we can't seem to cure our existing generation issues (or distribution, which is even a bigger challenge), don't look for this to be "fixed" anytime soon.

(If we actually _had a plan_, people like me woulod be way too busy to hang out on the internet)

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.