Go Back   JeepBBS > What Where When > Overlanders Unlimited
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Overlanders Unlimited This is a forum to discuss expedition vehicles and trailer options, a place to talk about builds, modifications, and designs, as well as past and future adventure trips.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2007, 11:42 AM

Baja Adventure ?07/?08

Several people on JeepBBS have mentioned a desire to explore Baja and I think it would be fun to start discussing a possible trip in the fall of ?07 or spring of ?08 (too hot in the summer).

This can be a mostly off-road trip (avoiding towns) that would be fun for Jeeps/buggies (no license plate needed) or we could plan a trip to see more of Baja but would require Hwy driving and traversing some larger towns. Either way would be fun, I would bring my Jeep for the ?off-road? trip or my truck for the ?Hwy? trip.

Possible ?off-road? trip:

Day1
Cross at Tecate, meet at Hacienda Santa Veronica where we could leave tow rigs etc. Drive through Laguna Hanson (pine forest) towards Valle de Trinidad and spend the night at Jamau?s outpost, rumor has it that Jamau?s has a rock crawling loop.

Day2
Drive from Jamau?s through Valle de Trinidad to Mikes Sky Ranch for the night

Day3
Mikes Sky Ranch to Camalu (Pacific Ocean)

Day4
Camalu to Ensanada to Hacienda Santa Veronicas to home (mostly highway)

Possible Hwy trip

Day1
Tecate to San Felipe

Day2
San Felipe to Mikes or Mellings

Day3
Mikes to Camalu to Tecate

Tons of options. There are several historic haciendas in the mountains that would be fun to stay at and explore (Melling Ranch, Guadalupe Canyon etc). We could have a blast just roaming aimlessly for three days. Or we could spend 3 days based out of one spot (Jamau?s or Mikes) and just explore.

Disclaimer ? I am not a tour guide, I do not speak fluent Spanish and have not been ?everywhere? in Northern Baja. This will be an ?adventure? !

Anyone interested?