Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 01-05-2002, 01:50 PM
Banned

I'd like to clear the air and get some things straightened out

I'd like to clear some things up, based on e-mails I've received and the recent post on JU. I hope this is clear, as I'm a little p*ssed off and disappointed. This is posted to clear things up with those that have an issue, sorry for bothering the others.

I was never un-invited, or asked to leave this forum. I'd like to know who said I was, and who un-invited me. I never left whining or sniveling, or taking pot shots. I'd like to know why people think that. I received e-mails from people here asking me about this forum, telling me they "heard" I'd left. I responded to them honestly, although I thought it odd that people were "hearing" I had left.

I never begged my way into this forum. I was invited. I didn't know this forum existed, so how could I know to beg my way in. If I had known this forum existed all I would have to do is join. There is no secret password (at least I don't remember one when I joined). I was given the address and told I might like it here. I'd like to know who said I begged my way in.

I'd like to know who's private address and phone number I used to "make me seem cool." What, William, are you talking about? I'd also like to know how much honor it took to post those things about me on a public forum (JU), calling me a poser, calling into question my "honor", and saying I'm "not man enough."

I don't know what the tail between the legs comment refers to, or the Jeep engineer comment (on the JU birthday post). I also don't know who uses the "Topic Police" or "!" name on JU. I'd like to know, and I'd like to know why you brought me up and why you think I'd have my tail between my legs.

I thought I was a friend of each of you (I still consider many of you my friend). I don't know why those of you with a problem with me haven't addressed the issue(s) directly, but I'd like to know. I'd like those with a problem with me to tell me what that problem is, specifically. My e-mail address has always been in my profile, and still is, or I'd appreciate a post here.

BTW, I mentioned you by name William, because you're the only one (beside Topic Police) that I know specifically mentioned me in a negative way in that JU post (I don't know who Topic Police really is). I don't know if Robert was referring to me or not, but I'll assume he knows "!" isn't me.

William (and anyone else), you don't owe me for anything (your 9-11-01 reference on JU). I don't keep inventory of things I've offered to people, waiting for a return. When I offer people to stay in my home, or to go wheeling, or help in any way, it's because I have those things to "give".

So, those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, sorry to take up your time. Those of you with a problem with me, or that have heard a "rumor", I'd like to know specifically what's going on. If you've got a problem with me because of hearing something from a guy that has a cousin who read about someone at Paragon that I ****ed off...well, I think you get the idea. I'd like to know who of you I've wronged, and how. Those of you who I've done right by, you'll continue to get from me what I can give

Áron O'Proinntigh is ainm dom
Old 01-05-2002, 04:39 PM
Administrator

First off Aaron, you don't understand english as is highly evident by our e-mails. You should have kept this private where it belongs.

Secondly, you dance around the truth like a stinking politician, and twist crap up like a girl chewing on her hair in some boring class.

You did take a hiatus, you did it intentionally because of something that insider info caused you to perceive. When I questioned you about it, you said your internet time was limited, but I see post after post by you on JU. What you should have said was that you time was limited and not to be spent here. Look at your posting dates. The discrepancy is glaring. You got ****y about something on here, posted about it, and then yanked it down and left. Grow up!

You did post Harry B's address and phone number on here. Several of us remember it.

You berated me publicly for several things, one was my shock lengths. That information is totally useless to you and garnered you the name of "Gatherer of Facts", which should have been GoF with no basis in reality. My shock lengths did not then, or will now, do you any good.

I described that perhaps the best belly-up plate on the market was the Currie I had just installed on Kat's rig. You again attempted to refute my abilities and knowledge by stating that Currie said it would not work. I had just done it, how could it not work? You are too willing to believe the manufacturer and not the people actually doing the work. The very least you could have done is apologize for your error publicly and be the better man for it.

You tied me in knots over the 35 debate on JU and when it was all said and done you stated it was a big game to you. **** off. Find someone else to be your trained monkey.

Your actions speak louder than any words pecked out on any keyboard. If you want to be here, apologize publicly, quit being an ass, and use some of that great intelligence you possess, to gather something more than facts.

Quit picking on William for his spelling, it is a fact of his life and he can no more change it, than you can add another foot to your inseam. The way I see it, you should be slamming the ! guy for making it seem like you for doing that.

Is it all clear now?

You are just another ride in the amusement park of my mind.
Old 01-05-2002, 04:47 PM

WOW guess I've missed alot

Sean M Higgins
higs@higsrigs.com

Beers are never strangers, just friends who's heads you haven't ripped off and sucked all the life out of, before smashing them in the trash barrel.

Deserves got nothing to do with it
Old 01-05-2002, 05:50 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrblaine:
First off Aaron, you don't understand english as is highly evident by our e-mails. You should have kept this private where it belongs.

I didn't mention your name Blaine, because this isn't about you specifically. I know how you feel, and in respecting your opinion I've not addressed you...as you've asked. I'm being much more respectful to you than you are to me. I don't continually respond to you by saying your full of sh*t, or telling you to f*ck off. That's uncalled for. And, you're the one bringing up any correspondence between you and me. My reference to e-mail has nothing to do with you and me.

You did take a hiatus, you did it intentionally because of something that insider info caused you to perceive. When I questioned you about it, you said your internet time was limited, but I see post after post by you on JU. What you should have said was that you time was limited and not to be spent here. Look at your posting dates. The discrepancy is glaring. You got ****y about something on here, posted about it, and then yanked it down and left. Grow up!

Insider info didn't cause me to perceive anything. Did you actually read my e-mail in response to your initial question? I said I was not getting out of it what I had in the past (as well as not having 9+ hours a day of being online through my work). This didn't have anything to do with you. I never made a big public stink about it. You have a misconception about why I wasn't posting anymore. I made it clear in my e-mail to you, but you fail to realize there were no other reasons. Also, I've never hidden from my posts on JU, but I don't frequent JU and seldom post on JU.

You did post Harry B's address and phone number on here. Several of us remember it.

You're absolutely right. I did, and I'd forgotten. I tried to retrieve the post here, but couldn't find it. I believe it was in response to someone asking about Harry's address. The forum was smaller then too (maybe 20-something people, and very "close"...remember the comments about what can be shared here isn't to be shared elsewhere). However, and probably most importantly, it wasn't a private address and phone number. I believe someone asked about it, and I looked it up through a simple white pages search.

You berated me publicly for several things, one was my shock lengths. That information is totally useless to you and garnered you the name of "Gatherer of Facts", which should have been GoF with no basis in reality. My shock lengths did not then, or will now, do you any good.

And I'm not the only one interested in the length of shocks others are using. You yourself post them, as do several others. So what. Maybe we can learn from each other based on what other's with similar set ups are using. You got your apology a long time ago for me making you feel berated here. If you can't let it go, or couldn't accept my apology, you should have told me then.

I described that perhaps the best belly-up plate on the market was the Currie I had just installed on Kat's rig. You again attempted to refute my abilities and knowledge by stating that Currie said it would not work. I had just done it, how could it not work? You are too willing to believe the manufacturer and not the people actually doing the work. The very least you could have done is apologize for your error publicly and be the better man for it.

If I remember correctly, you apologized to me in that post. You had stated previously it was a "custom" skid plate, berated me for not believing you instead of Currie, and then when I asked what was "custom" about it you apologized.

You tied me in knots over the 35 debate on JU and when it was all said and done you stated it was a big game to you. **** off. Find someone else to be your trained monkey.

You got p*ssed at a differing opinion, or different perspective. My posts there were about a different perspective, not about what's always right or wrong. You've got HarryB disease Blaine. Like I wrote there, I don't have anything vested in the D35. I do have different experiences and sometimes views. The D35 isn't one of them.

Your actions speak louder than any words pecked out on any keyboard. If you want to be here, apologize publicly, quit being an ass, and use some of that great intelligence you possess, to gather something more than facts.

Quit picking on William for his spelling, it is a fact of his life and he can no more change it, than you can add another foot to your inseam. The way I see it, you should be slamming the ! guy for making it seem like you for doing that.

My actions? I've offered my home to people, I've offered my time, I've offered my tools, knowledge, experience, business resources, and whatever I have to offer. My actions towards anyone here have been honorable. There are people here that have gotten something from me, with nothing asked in return.

William and my banter has always been friendly, from my perspective. He's never made it clear to me otherwise, and we've conversed via e-mail on numerous occasions. Same as I've taken the "facts guy" ribbing from most. BTW, I don't know the "!" guy. If he's part of this group I hope he lets everyone know. It would help to clear some things up I think.

Also, I don't know why you keep resorting to personal attack Blaine. Telling me to f*ck off, telling me what I have to say is bullsh*t, the inseam comment? Those all seem to be beneath you.

I guess I got a little personal with the HarryB disease comment. I hope it didn't sting too much, but you've changed a lot since we joked about some of the things he used to say.
[/quote]

Old 01-05-2002, 06:29 PM

Good times, good times.

Old 01-05-2002, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Aaron, I like honesty, openness, and the willingness to admit fault.

You did make P*ssy comments on the board about a private area and then left. Why is that so hard to admit?

If you didn't and weren't addressing me, you should have specifically excluded me.

Regardless of your vested on non vested interest in the 35, if you didn't own one, your perspective would be highly different and you know it. You will never see a 44 owner using the same arguments that you use. Why do you continually waste yours and my time with this?

The differing perspective bothers not in the slightest nor does it **** me off. What ****es me off is you using your admirable debating skills against me, and then calling it all a game. Thus, my comment about finding another trained monkey to play with. That crap irritates me to no end and given our past relationship, which you seem fond of bringing up, should be quite beneath you. I expect that sort of crap from someone I don't know and dislike, not a respected member of a place I call home.

Get That! When will you ever get it?

Old 01-05-2002, 07:06 PM
Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HigsRigs:
Good times, good times.[/quote]

Speaking of good times, are you a total ass or did you totally forget to thank me for the effort I went through to get you your rope? Was it what you wanted? Was it the right color? Does it work? Was the chafe guard the right length?

Well?

Old 01-05-2002, 08:49 PM

Quote: "Originally posted by HigsRigs:
Good times, good times."

Speaking of good times, are you a total ass or did you totally forget to thank me for the effort I went through to get you your rope? Was it what you wanted? Was it the right color? Does it work? Was the chafe guard the right length?

Well?

_You are just another ride in the amusement park of my mind._[/quote]

Blaine in the four or five emails about that rope, in which the subject was "Sorry to bother you" I thanked you every time and apologized for the trouble you had in getting it, even when you bitched at me for wanting it after 2 months. Of course I appreciated it just like I conveyed to you. I'm very sorry you feel slighted, just to clear the air

Thank you Blaine. It is wonderful the perfect color and the chafe gaurd is great.

And to refresh your memory here are the emails

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean M Higgins - Rigging Gaffer [mailto:higs@higsrigs.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2001 9:27 AM
To: mrblaine@home.com
Subject: Amsteel Blue winch line?

Hey Mr. B

I was wondering if you could get one of those winch lines for me. I'm only asking because I remember you said you could get a discount, if you cannot or it is a problem then thank you anyway.

If you can I would like
5/16 x whatever length would fit, I believe you said 105' but it could have been 125'. Yellow. Tube thimble, I don't know what a hammerlock is but if I need one then yes, and I would like the chafe guard and the same safety hook as you. On the website it comes to a grand total of $294.00 for the 125' and $251 with the 100' line

I'll send you cash a soon as I hear back from you, then I will ask William to pick it up for me and give it to me when he sees me next time.

Like I said if this is in any way a problem let me know and I will just order it direct.

Sean M Higgins - HigsRigs
higs@higsrigs.com

Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 4:09 PM
To: higs@higsrigs.com
Subject: RE: Amsteel Blue winch line?

I will be glad to order it for you. Just give me your winch specs and I will order one with the chafe guard and safety hook. I don't know what a hammerlock is either.

Blaine

From: h2ohms - HIGH VOLTAGE DIVERS [mailto:higs@h2ohms.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 11:36 AM
To: Blaine Johnson
Subject: I'm sorry to bother you

But could you check with Emil this week. I am going wheeling next weekend (15th and 16th) and would like to have it by then. If not no big deal, and I'm sorry to bother you with this.

Sean

Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 7:39 PM
To: higs@h2ohms.com
Subject: RE: I'm sorry to bother you

Sean, checking with Emil does no good. He is Norwegian, a salty old seadog with a horrible accent and we pays our money and takes our chances. Don't know what to tell you.

Blaine

btw- I am out of the rope business as soon as this order fills. I have no need for the hassle of tracking every thing and deriving no profit from it.

Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 7:45 PM

Wow sorry,

I just saw on the BBS that you offered to do the same thing for Jeff last week, didn't mean to **** you off. Had I known what a prob this was going to be I would have ordered it direct.

Sean

------------------------
So you see it was you being the ass in the end. Ass - end haha.

Anyway I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I was clearly being polite and deferred to you at all times throughout the transaction. You got your dander up with me after I asked if it was possible for you to just check on it after 2 months. I even offered to bring you coffee for your trouble when I came to pick it up but you bit my head off then too, didn't you? So forgive me after taking a beating I just wanted to drop it and move on. Here's those emails to refresh the memories

Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 8:28 AM

Your rope is in. How do you want to get it?

Blaine

Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 8:01 PM

Woohoo!!!

Are you going to be around Sunday? I could drive down and just pick it up from you. If you are going to see Garry maybe he would grab it for me. I will gladly drive down to get it though. I'll even bring you a nice big bag of Starbuck's coffee (obviously the grinds, not the liquid) to show you my appreciation. You let me know what's good for you. I'm flexible.

Boy I hope someone gets stuck next weekend.

Thanks again
Sean

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 10:44 PM

I will be here all weekend and I doubt that I will see Garry between now and then. No grinds for me. Homebrew is a special selection that I am very partial to. Unable to be duplicated at any coffee shop anywhere.

Blaine

-----------------

In every post I thanked you, I don't know how much more I could have done. If you did not want to do it for me you should have just said so. I know you don't like me, I understand.

The good time good times was just to inject a little humor in a tense situation, not to insult anyone. You should try decaf.

Sean

Sean M Higgins
higs@higsrigs.com

Beers are never strangers, just friends who's heads you haven't ripped off and sucked all the life out of, before smashing them in the trash barrel.

Old 01-05-2002, 09:02 PM

This is La Sal, Utah ... Signing-off

Blaine,

On one hand, I guess I really don't have a dog in this fight, but I must say that you appear to be taking the low road here in a big way, and it’s quite distressing. Moreover, I am sorry to say that I am just glad that I have not been in the position of "owing" you something (I guess a side-benefit of one like myself, who has always been somewhat on the "outside" of this mutual admiration society and cult of personality that JeepBBS seems to represent at the core of its true existence).

As I indirectly indicated to you and Kathryn (in my email response back to Ron recently), I have honestly been very busy with my consulting business and some other pressing matters in my personal life, but in all honesty, that is not the only reason I have not posted much over the last 2 or 3 months on JeepBBS. Typically, I would be inclined to just move on without a lot of fanfare, but after seeing this thread, I am taking this opportunity to formally uninvite myself from JeepBBS ... and yes, for any of you that care about such things, I will deliberately let the door kick my ass on the way out.

And by the way, for those of you at the core of this "community" (who profess to not want to be in a club), guess what? That's exactly what you have here ... an elitist, egocentric club.

Happy Trails,
Don

P.S. Take a hard look in the mirror Blaine ... you really have become something of the image of Harry B in my estimation. And no patronizing phone calls, if you please.

And one final comment to the rest of the masses on JeepBBS as I depart ... as I have said on more than one occasion, if you have such a great community of superior Jeepers with superior brain power here, stop wasting your time using JU as a crutch to constantly try to prove how stupid "they" are, and how special "you" are. It's really pretty lame in my opinion.
Old 01-05-2002, 09:08 PM
Administrator

I agree Don. Sorry.

Old 01-05-2002, 09:25 PM
Banned

Aaron, I like honesty, openness, and the willingness to admit fault.

You did make P*ssy comments on the board about a private area and then left. Why is that so hard to admit?

The comments weren't meant as p*ssy comments, they weren't meant as whining, they were meant to let TO know that the new version of software would be available the following day, and that I knew about a private area. I happened to get a notice before it was available here (or so it seemed).

If you didn't and weren't addressing me, you should have specifically excluded me.

I didn't name anyone's name, except those who posted something negative about me specifically on the JU post. This post wasn't supposed to be about any one person. That's why it was general, with an apology to those not involved.

Regardless of your vested on non vested interest in the 35, if you didn't own one, your perspective would be highly different and you know it. You will never see a 44 owner using the same arguments that you use. Why do you continually waste yours and my time with this?

It's not about the D35 and who has and doesn't have one with me. That's not going to cause me to appreciate someone or not, or the fact they can argue the merits of what they have. I've seen Ron defend them and he has both. You defended them to me before, and you had a D44. I've had D44s, 9", 8.8" and my perspective is based on overall experience with many different rigs. It didn't suddenly change when I bought my TJ. I bought my TJ for an incredible price, knowing at some point both axles would be different, as will a lot of other things.

The differing perspective bothers not in the slightest nor does it **** me off. What ****es me off is you using your admirable debating skills against me, and then calling it all a game. Thus, my comment about finding another trained monkey to play with. That crap irritates me to no end and given our past relationship, which you seem fond of bringing up, should be quite beneath you. I expect that sort of crap from someone I don't know and dislike, not a respected member of a place I call home.

I didn't realize you took it personal. I've seen a lot of banter on this forum and others between you and others. I never knew it ****ed you off. Had you said that, openly, honestly, instead of the personal attacks you'd have gotten a different response from me. Starting off by telling me to f*ck off doesn't cut it with me.

Get That! When will you ever get it?

I get it Blaine, do you? Why don't you read your first sentence again. Again, this post wasn't about you specifically. I would like to know why my honor was called into question, why I was called a poser, and why rumors have seemed to fly about me and my posting here. As I've said before, I still value friendships here. I'm not looking to make enemies, just clear the air.

[/quote]

Old 01-05-2002, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Ace, Don, Sean, I like this place a lot. I like it more than any other place I have been. I consider it home and as such get a little protective around it. My behavior is less than admirable right about now. Downright abominable and I would not like to be the cause of anyone leaving the board. I accept full responsibilities for my actions and will answer for them appropriately. I get a bit full of myself from time to time and act the total ass to those who don't deserve or need it. I should and will save it for those that do.

Don, thanks for the reality check. I will put it to good use. Please consider it a job well done. If you still chose to stay away, you still did something good for me on the way out. You will be missed as you were in your time of being very busy.

Sean, I apologize. I let my being offended over comments made at Big Bear affect the other transactions between us and that is not fair to you. I am sorry. You were properly thankful, I just didn't understand why you waited two months to order something and then be in a hurry for it. My sensibilities offended and not your fault. I also had a difficult time understanding why you were in a hurry with me, yet willing to wait for William to ship. Again, the way I do things and not the way for everyone. Again, I apologize. Just so you know, you are not the reason for me no longer doing the ropes. That was just info for you so you would not tell someone and then not be able to deliver the deal promised. I am just tired of trying to keep track of the orders and not getting anything but grief over it.

Ace-The incessant questioning gets to me from time to time. That is just your way and I should accept it as I want others to accept me for who I am. My problem, not yours. I would hate to be known as a Harry B wannabe. That is the worst thing you could say to me and I have been able to generate that comment twice in the same thread. I really must be an ass. Our differences are based on misunderstandings and I promise to work harder to seeing things from other's perspectives. (I may actually accomplish that one day)

That actually was the purpose of my post on here and not a beratement of 35 owners. If you have one and it works for you, I now understand that is really the bottom line. It is your jeep and not mine. You should be allowed to build it anyway that pleases you, as I should be allowed the same pleasure.

To you three, I will do better. If not, call me on it again. I need it sometimes, hopefully from now on, a little less often. Thanks.

Blaine

Old 01-05-2002, 10:45 PM
Banned

[Blaine],

I'll likely be asleep by the time you read this (on my way to bed a while ago). I want to say I appreciate your "taking the high road", and am thankful for this last post.

I am sorry for any misunderstandings. I hope this means by-gones are by-gones between you and me and that there isn't any bad blood between us.[/Blaine]

I hope if there are any issues out there between me and others (I use the general term "others" because I don't know the identity of a couple of the JU posters, and if they are from here), that we can get them out in the open (like I said in the first post, my e-mail has always been in my profile if that's easier). I was very disappointed about my honor being called into question (that's a big deal to me), being told I wasn't man enough (for pot-shots or something????), tail between the legs, being called a poser, etc. I know people on JU, and I don't like hearing they read something about me that I consider a blatantly personal attack. If it's justified, there are ways to get a hold of me to say it directly.

Those who've sent me e-mail asking what's up, I hope this cleared it up enough.

Old 01-06-2002, 06:27 AM

WOW!
Lets go work on Jeeps or go wheeling!
Old 01-06-2002, 07:42 AM

Old 01-06-2002, 09:13 AM
Administrator

I was going to request that the admin clean up and delete my foolishness on this thread, but instead, I think I should leave it so the next time I forget where I am and what I like about this place, someone can bump this back to the top to remind me.

Old 01-06-2002, 03:25 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ace!:

I never begged my way into this forum. I was invited. I didn't know this forum existed, so how could I know to beg my way in. [/quote]

Ace, on JU, when I was having problems there, Blaine told me to "Go where you are welcome to". I agreed with him, and said I was pretty much on my last JU legs. You said (Although a lot of your post have been deleted by you), that you "Didn't know where this place was, but you'd like to be there too". Blaine, I believe, subsequently sent you an email.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'd like to know who's private address and phone number I used to "make me seem cool." What, William, are you talking about? I'd also like to know how much honor it took to post those things about me on a public forum (JU), calling me a poser, calling into question my "honor", and saying I'm "not man enough."
[/quote]
Ace,

You posted Harry Brofosky's home address and home phone number here, on the Jeep BBS. You did this, weather on purpose or asked, knowing full well that there were not to many fans of Harry. The logical conculusion follows.

I'll post it here, or there, or anywhere (Sam I am) saying no MAN (by that more over lack of gender but more of fortitude) would expose someone's home address and phone number to people who do not like him. That is not HONORABLE, in anyway. That is posing.

I'm not willing to make this into a war on this board. If you'd like to take this off line, feel free to email me.

I know, for fact, that you are !. The only person who calls me Billiam, is you. This brought it to light really clearly. No one else on this board has, or would do that. Busted, geek. Now, knowing that, in the days when I was a moderator, and trying to be a legitimate contributing member of JU, I'd like to thank you as your alter ego ! for hounding my actions. I am not sure if it was jelous malition, or humnour, but thanks for really trying to screw with me.

You've called me out here. Let's take to to email to solve this before this board is turned into something stupid too.

True you were never UNIVITED. But you sent an email to someone saying you quit because of the "badgering" you took.

I await your email, nothing follows. Or take it to JU. But I won't post there, as I've said my peace.

This is you:
"!
posted 01-04-2002 12:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isn't this off-topic, or is Billiam and his WCCC all done whining about that?
!
posted 01-04-2002 12:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isn't this off-topic, or is Billiam and his WCCC all done whining about that?"

BTW Ace, you're gay, and your axle's weak

R/
William
Old 01-07-2002, 04:54 PM
Banned

You've got mail (btw, I'm not the only that's called you Billiam).

Old 01-07-2002, 06:01 PM
ghall

Ace:
There seems to have been some confusion here as to which area to post your comments. I believe Jeep Friends may be a stretch.
Garry
Old 01-07-2002, 06:13 PM

Garry, your email isn't listed, so I'll post it here.. I have your envolope.

R/
William
Old 01-07-2002, 06:15 PM
ghall

William:
Thanks
Garry
Old 01-07-2002, 07:26 PM

1800finalfantasypimpforgames
for all your game nee.. whoops wrong board sorry

back street boys rule