Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed Enter at your own risk. This is the land of political discussions, jokes, and nonsense posts.

Old 09-10-2003, 10:22 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Old 09-11-2003, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stu Olson
William,

I did some horse trading for it so it is hard to put a value on it. The unti I got was brand new but the person who bought it picked up several on clearance with the intent of selling them and turning a few $$ profit
Does he have any left, and can I have his email?
Old 09-11-2003, 12:54 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

I obtained it better than a year ago. No....he had picked up about 3 or 4 of them and they are gone. Unless it was intended to go into a tiny space (like the TJ), I would not recommend it. Do you know how tiny an 8" diagonal display is? I had it out last night and sitting next to the new IBM. Looked like a David and Goliath contest.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stu Olson
I obtained it better than a year ago. No....he had picked up about 3 or 4 of them and they are gone. Unless it was intended to go into a tiny space (like the TJ), I would not recommend it. Do you know how tiny an 8" diagonal display is? I had it out last night and sitting next to the new IBM. Looked like a David and Goliath contest.
Hmmmmm..

Well then I think I'll just withdraw my last request then.

Back to the durrrrawing board. Actually, for the cost of a lap top, I can get a super decent computer, and I don't think we need a lap top all that much. More of a nice to have than a have to have.

Hey, BTW, I found a web site with some cool lap top bags and cases for people hauling thier stuff around.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:28 PM

William,

At Best Buy they have the E-Machines desktops (everything, including 17" flatscreen monitor) for under $400 after all the rebates (watch for sales).

Family and friends have bought 3 of them the last few months and all have been impressed.

Bring the memory up to 512K, or better, 1024 for about $75 (on sale) and you've got a heck of a home machine for under $500

HB
Old 09-23-2003, 02:25 PM
Reggae

I quit trying to buy anything at Best Buy. One time I went there to buy a computer for the office. They had one on the show floor, non in stock. Next time I went there with a friend to buy a laptop for him, same thing, have one for demonstration purposes, but can't sell it. Last time, I went there to buy an over the range microwave, same thing again. You can touch it, but you can't have it.

To Best Buy's defense, when I ordered a refrigerator through their web site, they got it to me all right, although they did screw up the delivery date, and I had to spend insane amount of time over the phone, to reschedule.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:10 AM

Sergey,
We have only one BB store close (50 miles away) and I have always had good luck there, but as with anything, how the individual store is managed makes all the difference.

HB
Old 09-25-2003, 09:29 AM

Why has no one considered the moble AMD chips? I have three desktops running these and have been very happily surprised at both the performance and reliability.
Any comments? I haven't look for a computer in a while so I don't know.
BOb