Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 09-05-2010, 11:05 AM

Send a message via ICQ to John Send a message via AIM to John Send a message via Yahoo to John
WJ conversion rebuild

In the process of rebuilding all the stuff I put on the YJ waaaaaaay back in my California days. New bearings for the Warn hubs, new TRE's, and new ball joints (offset to fix camber).
I thought I'd seen something a little while ago about using WJ ball joints for this now instead of XJ/TJ/YJ stuff but couldn't find it again.
So what's the scoop?
Old 09-06-2010, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
In the process of rebuilding all the stuff I put on the YJ waaaaaaay back in my California days. New bearings for the Warn hubs, new TRE's, and new ball joints (offset to fix camber).
I thought I'd seen something a little while ago about using WJ ball joints for this now instead of XJ/TJ/YJ stuff but couldn't find it again.
So what's the scoop?
We've discovered that the lower balljoint on the WJ is the same except the pin has a different taper.

Since they are about the same price, if you decide to do it correctly, there's not a price penalty for doing so.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:14 AM

Send a message via ICQ to John Send a message via AIM to John Send a message via Yahoo to John
Good to know, thanks