Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 06-08-2001, 08:12 PM

ARCA/ Cedar City

Who all is going? Rita and I have a room for Thur, Fri, Sat nights. It is a two day drive for me. Undecided whether to tow the Jeep or just drive the pickup. Much faster with no trailer. But I would rather not drag the pickup over rocks, etc.
Anyone know what the access is to the site from Cedar City or how far away?
Blaine?? Are you towing a Jeep or just the truck?
Are we supporting anyone competing? i.e. do we need tools or anything?
Kat and I are meeting sometime for dinner there, ok; Rita and Blaine are invited too.
Old 06-08-2001, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Access is a major bone of contention right now. I can't get a straight answer from anyone as to the whereabouts of the obstacles.

I asked Phil Collard at Las Cruces if I needed to bring a jeep to get to the obstacles and he would not give me a straight answer. Just something vague about a 4 wheel drive pick-up being a little overkill, but might be needed.

I am taking the jeep. Either mine or Kathryn's. Depends on how the install goes.

If you can determine from someone if the location is Three Peaks OHV area, then no jeep is needed.

It is not who you know, It is who knows you
Old 06-10-2001, 04:34 PM

I went to the HROC event up there a couple of weeks ago. I was told it was the same site as the ARCA event.
It's about 10 miles N.E. of Cedar City on Mid Valley Road. You can drive anything to it. It is on flat ground with protruding rock sections all around. It is not great for spectators to get close to the actions as you have to get up on the rocks with every one else. There is no "high ground". The obstacles are great!
Ron