Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 12-01-2003, 05:46 PM
Banned

Angry Blowing off some steam.

[Rant mode on] I bought a used anti-rock from a member on this board. He sent it to me but the ####ers at UPS have lost the package. They put a tracer on it so hopefully they find it. They have 8 days to find it and if they don't I will have to go through the claim process. This just sucks.
BTW Thanks for the PM you sent me Blaine NOT
[Rant Mode Off]

Sorry for wasting your bandwidth
Old 12-01-2003, 05:54 PM

Re: Blowing off some steam.

Quote:
Originally posted by 02_WHITE_TJ_X

Old 12-01-2003, 07:04 PM

How on earth is UPS's failure to deliver the package to you the problem of the seller?

I fail to find the connection....

Jeff
Old 12-01-2003, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
[Rant mode on]
[Rant Mode Off]

Easy there Turbo. I have more on my plate than answering every PM I get. I also don't answer my phone except on rare occasions. My cell rarely leaves my truck and anyone important that needs to get a hold of me has my pager and you ain't getting that number.

Now, I have interactions with many folks on this and other boards and across the board, I rarely if ever get back to them the same day or even the next. I just returned from a week in the desert, am now a week behind on about 20 work related projects including finishing up the prototype ambulance so I can accept delivery of the other 12. In the midst of all this chaos, I am dealing with 3 machine shops, a vacuum forming shop, an upholstery shop, 2 fabrication shops, and ambulance conversion factory in Ohio, a compressor installer, 2 electronics installation wizards, a hydraulic engineer, attempting development of some 4wd ideas, engaged in an animated discussion with some folks who can't read, got sent back to square one on a big project that has to be completed by Dec. 24 that I have over a week of time invested in that I couldn't really afford to lose, still need to finish unpacking, have a 3 week old truck with over 2500 miles on it already, my wife is a bit under the weather, my jeep is still dirty from the desert and I have promised packages to about 5 folks that I still need to locate addresses for, a set of big ass tires that I need to deliver to someone, and you want to snivel because I didn't answer a PM?

Be glad I don't ban your ass.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:11 PM

Re: Re: Blowing off some steam.

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
Be glad I don't ban your ass.
I surprised you didn't.....

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 12-01-2003, 07:35 PM
Who changed my user title?

Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett

Quote:
Easy there Turbo.

From where did that phrase originate?
Old 12-01-2003, 07:53 PM
You are my Sunshine, my only sunshine!

Quote:
Now, I have interactions with many folks on this and other boards and across the board, I rarely if ever get back to them the same day or even the next. I just returned from a week in the desert, am now a week behind on about 20 work related projects including finishing up the prototype ambulance so I can accept delivery of the other 12. In the midst of all this chaos, I am dealing with 3 machine shops, a vacuum forming shop, an upholstery shop, 2 fabrication shops, and ambulance conversion factory in Ohio, a compressor installer, 2 electronics installation wizards, a hydraulic engineer, attempting development of some 4wd ideas, engaged in an animated discussion with some folks who can't read, got sent back to square one on a big project that has to be completed by Dec. 24 that I have over a week of time invested in that I couldn't really afford to lose, still need to finish unpacking, have a 3 week old truck with over 2500 miles on it already, my wife is a bit under the weather, my jeep is still dirty from the desert and I have promised packages to about 5 folks that I still need to locate addresses for, a set of big ass tires that I need to deliver to someone, and you want to snivel because I didn't answer a PM?
Jeez Blaine, get off your ass and do something
Getting full on bon-bons and watching soaps is all I saw you say you were doing
Old 12-01-2003, 08:05 PM

Mmmm...Blaine-think you could find time to build me a clone of Kat's TJ; before xmas???
Honest, I asked Santa first.

As if I could find a source to fund that--we would both retire!
Old 12-01-2003, 08:51 PM

Re: Re: Re: Blowing off some steam.

Quote:
Originally posted by cbassett
From where did that phrase originate?
Waiting on Sergey for the answer......
Old 12-01-2003, 10:06 PM
Reggae

Jeff, I can't remember where this one came from. It sounds 1995'ish to me.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:34 PM
Reggae

Sorry about the package problems.

I sold some hard drives to a guy on Ebay a while back, I sent them (through one of the popular carriers) but he did not get the package, it was a pain in the ass to resolve the issue. Finally, the package was found, and he got the stuff.

It happens sometimes?
Old 12-02-2003, 01:43 AM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ

Quote:
[Rant mode on] I bought a used anti-rock from a member on this board. He sent it to me but the ####ers at UPS have lost the package. They put a tracer on it so hopefully they find it. They have 8 days to find it and if they don't I will have to go through the claim process. This just sucks.
[Rant Mode Off]
I recall once having similar issues. must be a midwest thing. anyway, I'm sure everything will work out fine. you'll love the anti-rock.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
How on earth is UPS's failure to deliver the package to you the problem of the seller?

I fail to find the connection....

Jeff
I was just blowing off some steam about UPS the seller is a great person"A GOOD SELLER STAYED IN CONTACT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT WAS UP PROVIDED TRACKING INFO AND WHEN IT WAS SHIPPED THAT IS GOOD SERVICE". We just happened to get caught in a bad situation. After spending over 1/2 hour on the phone with ups being transfered 3 times they came back and told me the trace will be handled through a UPS store in CA guess what I have to call them on my dime and it is a local CA number that I have to call during normal busness hours. For UPS losing a package they are providing a pretty crappy service.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:59 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Blowing off some steam.

Quote:
Originally posted by Allen
I surprised you didn't.....

Allen
Thanks for standing up for the person that gave you a good deal on a TJ D44 housing
Old 12-02-2003, 05:30 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Blowing off some steam.

Quote:
Thanks for standing up for the person that gave you a good deal on a TJ D44 housing
It's not about standing up for someone or not.....

Blaine's plate is full. As often as you hang out here I can't believe you didn't know that. Not to mention the week in the desert.....that was talked about too.

How long did you give him to respond to your PM?

And what did I tell you regarding Blaine? Did that go in one ear and out the other?

You can agree with him or disagree with him, it doesn't matter. But treat him right and he'll treat you right. Pretty simple.

As for the housing, it's only a good deal if it checks out to be straight.....

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 12-02-2003, 06:19 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Blowing off some steam.

Quote:
It's not about standing up for someone or not.....

Blaine's plate is full. As often as you hang out here I can't believe you didn't know that. Not to mention the week in the desert.....that was talked about too.

How long did you give him to respond to your PM?

And what did I tell you regarding Blaine? Did that go in one ear and out the other?

You can agree with him or disagree with him, it doesn't matter. But treat him right and he'll treat you right. Pretty simple.

As for the housing, it's only a good deal if it checks out to be straight.....

Allen
I'm almost 100% sure that housing is staight I would not sell a bad housing to someone. The welds on it looked great and there was hardly even a scratch on it.

Blaine on the other hand. We have had our run in's before but we are past that. Blaine did allow me on this board and for that I thank him. I have been pretty good. But here is my beef. 3 weeks ago we worked out a deal on a Warn remote. He said he needed time to find it no big deal. So I have PM'ed him a few times he PM's me back says it will take time but there is no time frame attached. It is 3 weeks now still no word. We talked 2 weeks ago about some WJ knuckles he said he would have to do some looking again no big deal. In the past he has asked me not to PM him but we got past that. So I try to ask him questions but rarely get answers. I continuly read on this board and others how great this Bliane person is I belive that but on the other hand I don't see it coming my way. See what I'm getting at to me it appers to me that I'm getting jerked around a little. And that is my beef. If you are going to sell something to someone that they are counting on let them know whats up. If Blaine dosn't want to sell me the remote no big deal but at least let me know. If Blaine dosn't want to answer my questions on big deal but let me know. But on the other hand when I PM people like you Allen don't refer me to Blaine because when it comes to me all I get is jerked around maybe some of you don't but I do or at least it appears to be that way. And If I'm not getting jerked around blaine let me know and I will give you a public apologly. As far as being banned you told me to be good or your going to pull my plug. I think in this matter there is no name calling no bashing in any way why should I be banned? I don't want to be banned but I would at least like to know whats up? As far as time we are all busy at work and with family trust me I know I have my first child on the way plus I've been fixing up a house for the last 2 years that I would like to get finished before the baby comes I really don't like living in a constuction zone and I am also redoing the suspention and axles on my jeep building bumpers a wench plate and putting in a Poision Spyder sport cage on top of that I have a large work load myself if you would like me to break that down also. No big deal it's just my beef nothing more nothing less.

Allen one of the reasons I gave you a good deal on that housing is that I think your a cool person plus I would like to get some positive stuff out there about dealing with me. Kind of like what comes around goes around I'll help you out with a good deal you and your freinds can help me out with something else. I will be more then happy to help anyone on this board if I could.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Blowing off some steam.

Quote:
And as is often the case, a PM such as yours is better posted publicly as the info posted will help more than just yourself.

When I weld the spacers to the knuckles, I preheat the clean knuckle in the oven to 400 degrees.

I run a small root pass all the way around. Then I run a wide cover pass on top of that and wrap it in house insulation tied with baling wire. It takes 24 hours for that to cool down in a non drafty area. Wire brush it and go.

Before I put the knuckle in the oven, I take some bolts and perfectly line the spacer up and tighten them down.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:32 AM
You are my Sunshine, my only sunshine!

Quote:
And as is often the case, a PM such as yours is better posted publicly as the info posted will help more than just yourself.

When I weld the spacers to the knuckles, I preheat the clean knuckle in the oven to 400 degrees.

I run a small root pass all the way around. Then I run a wide cover pass on top of that and wrap it in house insulation tied with baling wire. It takes 24 hours for that to cool down in a non drafty area. Wire brush it and go.

Before I put the knuckle in the oven, I take some bolts and perfectly line the spacer up and tighten them down.
Kat must be terrribly understanding, you using the oven like that and all.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:35 AM
Banned

Quote:

Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for. Offen I try not to post stuff in public because maybe the answer has be asked before and I just didn't find it with a search I've seen so many people get slamed on other boards and I personally don't want to be one of them.

Thanks again Blaine you were a big help on this one.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:43 AM
Banned

Quote:

When you say a single pass you are not doing multiple segments to prevent wraping? You are just doing the complete weld all at one time?
Old 12-02-2003, 06:56 AM

Good God you are the King of Run-On sentences.....

Look, whatever is between you and Blaine is between you too.....

If you feel you're getting the shaft, confront him.....You need to work out whatever with him.....Don't just sit and stew.....

But remember what I said.....he's doing you a favor, so treat it as such. Treat him as you want to be treated. And when someone is doing you a favor, you needn't get testy or demanding. I've been waiting.....I've forgotten how long.....for a skid I traded some equipment for. But I'm not panicked or ****ed. Special circumstances require special understanding, especially when someone is going out of their way for you. I wasn't in a hurry then, and I'm definately not in a hurry now. It's cold. Dropping my tank is about as appealing to me as dropping my pants in this frigid weather.....

If you have a deadline, bring it up. Maybe he can meet it, maybe not. I know he's busy.....I see him getting pulled 100 different ways by 10 am.....

And a lot of what Blaine has done has been copied, or done slightly different by someone else here.....So post it in the open forums as well. You're likely to get a quicker response some times.....

As for the housing, I know you wouldn't knowingly sell a bad housing.....I'm just worried someone sold one to you, that you then passed on to me unknowingly.....Know what I mean?

If you did know, I'd certainly track you down and beat you about the head and face with said 44 housing.....but you already know that.

Basically, you just need to relax. Don't get in a hurry. Nobody likes to be rushed, or bossed, or bullied.....

And as for banning you.....I was joking.....

Good thing Blaine has a sense of humor.

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 12-02-2003, 07:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Good God you are the King of Run-On sentences.....

Look, whatever is between you and Blaine is between you too.....

If you feel you're getting the shaft, confront him.....You need to work out whatever with him.....Don't just sit and stew.....

But remember what I said.....he's doing you a favor, so treat it as such. Treat him as you want to be treated. And when someone is doing you a favor, you needn't get testy or demanding. I've been waiting.....I've forgotten how long.....for a skid I traded some equipment for. But I'm not panicked or ****ed. Special circumstances require special understanding, especially when someone is going out of their way for you. I wasn't in a hurry then, and I'm definately not in a hurry now. It's cold. Dropping my tank is about as appealing to me as dropping my pants in this frigid weather.....

If you have a deadline, bring it up. Maybe he can meet it, maybe not. I know he's busy.....I see him getting pulled 100 different ways by 10 am.....

And a lot of what Blaine has done has been copied, or done slightly different by someone else here.....So post it in the open forums as well. You're likely to get a quicker response some times.....

As for the housing, I know you wouldn't knowingly sell a bad housing.....I'm just worried someone sold one to you, that you then passed on to me unknowingly.....Know what I mean?

If you did know, I'd certainly track you down and beat you about the head and face with said 44 housing.....but you already know that.

Basically, you just need to relax. Don't get in a hurry. Nobody likes to be rushed, or bossed, or bullied.....

And as for banning you.....I was joking.....

Good thing Blaine has a sense of humor.

Allen
I see where your coming from.

As far as the Run-On sentences well what can I say I live in Ohio Really I went to a Tech School for college and I'm not much of a writer. I can fix just about anything but writing is really not one of my things and on top of that I type this stuff while I am testing so while it is running a test I type and when I am fixing I can't type so I really don't pay much attention to what I'm writing.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:09 AM

Quote:
What are you saying.....?

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 12-02-2003, 07:14 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Blowing off some steam.

Quote:
When you say a single pass you are not doing multiple segments to prevent wraping? You are just doing the complete weld all at one time?
You bolt the spacer to the knuckle to locate it properly, and it also prevents warping the spacer.

Old 12-02-2003, 07:21 AM

Quote:
I see where your coming from.

As far as the Run-On sentences well what can I say I live in Ohio Really I went to a Tech School for college and I'm not much of a writer. I can fix just about anything but writing is really not one of my things and on top of that I type this stuff while I am testing so while it is running a test I type and when I am fixing I can't type so I really don't pay much attention to what I'm writing.
My mother was an English Major/Nazi.....

So to me, writing skills are important.....

Yet I am far from a good writer.....

I just like giving you a hard time.

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 12-02-2003, 07:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
My mother was an English Major/Nazi.....

So to me, writing skills are important.....

Yet I am far from a good writer.....

I just like giving you a hard time.

Allen
My wife has her degree in Education what can I say it hasn't rubbed off yet
Old 12-02-2003, 07:26 AM

Quote:
My wife has her degree in Education what can I say it hasn't rubbed off yet
Good God.....let her teach him/her how to write when the time comes..... You need to stay away.....

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 12-02-2003, 07:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Good God.....let her teach him/her how to write when the time comes..... You need to stay away.....

Allen
We've already had that discussion. Maybe I'll learn along with my child
Old 12-02-2003, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Now you understand what I meant. Some folks comprehend better than others or have more experience explaining things.

Single pass is just that. I run around it without stopping other than to re-orient it in the vise. Both passes. It becomes self explanatory when you go to do it.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:55 AM
Banned

Quote:

Single pass is just that. I run around it without stopping other than to re-orient it in the vise. Both passes. It becomes self explanatory when you go to do it.
Thats what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure. Because we are talking about the peice that holds the front wheel on my rig that it may be important not to over heat it