Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 11-07-2003, 04:54 PM

I just had to share this story with you guys...

I have a friend that does promotions. As part of one of his current deals, he recently had 2 caddy escalades, the escalade pickup and an H2 on loan from GM corporate.

So he's driving around the H2 for a couple of days and notices he's getting a lot of dirty stares.

On the last day before he has to return it, while at a stop light, a lady in a vehicle next to him lays on her horn, rolls down her window and starts yelling at the top of her lungs,

"You're with GM corporate, i can tell by your plates (they are the blue manufacturer plates). I have to give you a piece of my mind. Do you know how much damage you are doing to the environment by building that hummer? How dare you? We don't need more big vehicles with bad gas miliage."

Anyway, this lady is yelling at the top of her lungs, turning red, and she goes on for the whole minute that they are both stopped at the light. My friend simply tells her she needs to go to an anger managment class and pulls away from the light.

The best part and the part that blew my mind, is the vehicle this lady was driving.

Anyone want to guess?

A land rover discovery. Last time I checked, it has similar environmental wrecking capabilities with it's offroadablity and I'm pretty darn sure it has similar gas miliage as the H2.

I'm still trying to decide if this is a funny story or a sad one.

Anyone want to bet if this lady contributes to the sierra club?
Old 11-07-2003, 06:26 PM

Re: I just had to share this story with you guys...

Quote:
Originally posted by speaceman
I'm still trying to decide if this is a funny story or a sad one.

Anyone want to bet if this lady contributes to the sierra club?
I won't take you up on the bet - sounds like she is just another ultra-liberal idiot that believes whatever the politically correct "news" tells her. There is no reasoning with a person like that.....

Pretty sad, especially since that type of people seem to be becoming more common.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:18 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

He should've just given her the bird.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:04 AM

I don't know.... Some one that angry for no reason. You never know what they'll do.

I'm actually surprised he showed restraint. He's been known to say and do some pretty stupid stuff.
Old 11-08-2003, 04:31 PM
The king of shotgun debate

That's good!

Another one I like is the complaint by the Sierra Club when they say "SUV's are not needed as 97 Percent of them are never even taken off road!"

I think the Sierra Club needs to re-think their approach to this.

Can you imagine how loud they would scream if 97 Percent of all SUV's were taken off road!

Note to Sierra Club Hint folks, "Quit while you're ahead!"

Frank