Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 06-22-2004, 01:03 PM
Banned for being bad

House paint update

First I want to thank Blaine for the offer to use his paint sprayer and high pressure hose, I went ahead and used rollers because of an ocean breeze that would not quit. Im not complaining, the breeze was nice but it would have blown the paint everywhere and this kept up for the entire weekend and most of the next week.
Also our realator had a pressure hose and infact his guys were going to paint it and they hosed the hose down but we told them we wanted to save the money and paint it ourselfs. One word hard work I guess it would not have been to bad if Home Depot had mixed the right paint, but they screwed up on the base mix, or the white, so we ended up painting the house three times. The color all looked the same untill morning when no sunshine was on the house and then you could see it. The worst part was the paint was all mixed by them at the same time and all 5, 5gal containers did not have the same base mix, so when we blended them togeather we came up with different tones.
Well after Home Depot looked at all the paint and seen their error they refunded us for the wrong paint and gave us the right paint but we had to eat the labor.
Well all is done now and it looks great and the refinance is in the works.
Don.
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 06-22-2004, 02:13 PM

Ouch. I spent Sunday hanging off a ladder painting our trim -- had a fight with the HOA president about the color (I color-matched what was ALREADY there, but that wasn't good enough, of course). I can only imagine how honked off you must have been about the mixup.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Reggae

Quote:
Originally posted by Croaker
Ouch. I spent Sunday hanging off a ladder painting our trim -- had a fight with the HOA president about the color (I color-matched what was ALREADY there, but that wasn't good enough, of course). I can only imagine how honked off you must have been about the mixup.
OMG, you had a fight with Bobbie Dooley?
Old 06-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Originally posted by Croaker
The trim made me wish there never was any Yes it was upsetting but now I know how to paint a house " hire some one"
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!