Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 03-03-2004, 03:49 PM

Last night I was remind of just had bad it had become..

Quick Jeff, what song, what band?

You know you've sunk low, though:

When you drive home with your shock attached by way of metal coat hanger. Last night was a sad night, as I sat in my garage looking at my jeep with the laundry list of ills that need to be repaired. Almost depressing. Window that's been broken for a year plus. Lean to the right that seems to be getting worse. And that stupid coat hanger. God I hate that it comes to that. I qualify my self now with the guy who shows up to the run with 16 tool boxes, no spares and the wrong size spare tire. That stupid coat hanger. It was a pinch, but either that, or drag the shock home. The nearest shop wouldn't let me borrow two wrenches. I had to understand you see, they don't loan out tools. They'd gladly put me on the work list ~ for tommorow. Mixture of understand and disgust in my mind. I'm not up for confrontations anymore. They didn't cause the problem.

But sometimes, you look at things and just want to call it to much.

I'm not at that point yet.

And in other ways, it's gonna be fun, a rebuild of sorts. I'm sorting through supsension options. Deciding on new shocks. Figuring out a new flat skid. Soon, I may just have a drivable jeep again. It's fun to learn through these things. I've replaced the drive shaft. Working on going back to a hose shop to get my tranny lines to stop puking fluid. Sergey helped me out with some new MM bushings. The electrical issues are nearly repaired. It's on the uptake.

Which is good, because.. staring at a coat hanger attached the jeep.. my Jeep. My (100k miles, 94k of which are mine, been all over and through hell, always taken me home) jeep held together with a coat hanger. That is about rock bottom for me.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:27 PM

I would have thought that rock bottom was when you rolled it and banged up your head and then had to deal with the roll cage issues?

Anyway, I can understand how you feel.

Still, it's just a list. Sure it's a list of things you need to get done to get back up and running, but in reality, it's not any different than the list you first made up when you got into offroading and you were picking all the things you wanted to do to your jeep.

Cross off one thing at a time, and don't do more than you are willing to take on in light of time/frustration considerations. It'll make it a less daunting task.

Besides, it already sounds like you've made some good progress so it sounds like you are on the road to having fun again with offroading in the near future.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:43 PM

Violent Femmes. Prove My Love.

Mine hasn't been able to move under its own power since last fall. I feel your pain.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:35 PM

If you ever need to borrow tools or any other item I may have, I'm a phone call away!! If you need a hand working on things, the same applies.

I have a few items that need attention too. I crossed one off the list today.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:57 PM

I know just how you feel.
Mine was on the hook last week and I'm going to TDS
without it.

Its just a sign of the times,,,,,,,,,,,,
Going forward,,,in reverse,,,,,,
Old 03-03-2004, 11:21 PM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
ahhh william, it'll be fine. it's just like shalom said... one thing at a time and you'll be there before you know it.

if it makes you feel any better... there's a coat hanger doing duty in my Jeep as well.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:29 AM

it happens and to me it always seems to happen in the winter time (if you can call it that in West Texas ) .... so that lessens the pain a little and gives you a goal -> repair it before better weather comes around
Old 03-04-2004, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Dillard
If you ever need to borrow tools or any other item I may have, I'm a phone call away!! If you need a hand working on things, the same applies.

I have a few items that need attention too. I crossed one off the list today.
I need to borrow your foot to move the testicles of the two yahoo's at the exchange garage. Sufficent enough to give them a double chin.

They suck.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by William
I need to borrow your foot to move the testicles of the two yahoo's at the exchange garage. Sufficent enough to give them a double chin. They suck.
Regretfully, I know what you mean! A couple years ago I asked them (Naval Station 32nd St "garage" ) to mount a 33" tire that I had on a wheel for me & balance it. They said: "No can do, it's too big for us to do!" I then asked them why since they sell the exact size tire & were having a sale on them! DORKS, I tell you!!! DORKS!
Old 03-04-2004, 12:21 PM

Joe,

Perhaps you and I just don't understand. Perhaps customer service and hard work just isn't in the job discription.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:43 PM

I am in scotland but you are welcome to borrow my size twelves to surgicaly remove the testicles of those two YAHOOS
Old 03-04-2004, 03:34 PM

Hey man I feel your pain. I'm afraid to wash all the mud off mine cause' sometimes I think that's all that is holding it together. It will get better man. It always does, just sometimes it has to get worse first.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bbs1.jpg (64.7 KB, 170 views)