Go Back   JeepBBS > Marketplace > Buy/Sell Jeep Stuff
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Buy/Sell Jeep Stuff Anything legal you want to purchase or get rid off, let fellow jeepers know about it here

Old 09-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

2005 Toyota Tacoma

The relocation includes shipping only 2 vehicles, so one has to go. FJC=4WD, TJ=4WD, Taco=2WD, guess which one got the short end of the stick? So, I figured I’d list my truck here before I post it on Yota boards.

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Prerunner
SR5 V6 Automatic Short Bed 75,xxx miles
TRD Off-Road Package (rear locker, inverter, sliding rear glass, etc…)
Towing Package (6,500# towing capacity, transmission cooler)
Silver with matching Silver Snugtop Super Sport shell.

In the interest of full disclosure, my wife was hit a couple of years ago. The front bumper, lights, grill, etc… (all the plastic parts) were damaged. Fenders and hood had no damage and are the original ones. Everything was professionally repaired and the front end was repainted. The rear bumper was scratched and got re-chromed. There are no-ill effects from this incident, the truck is straight as an arrow.

It has been dealer maintained since new and all records are available. The brake pads probably need replacing and I will buy a set.

It currently has our FJC 17” wheels, but I will put the original TRD 16” wheels back on. I just need to buy tires.

KBB Private party value is $16,000 without Snugtop
KBB Trade-In Value is $13,700 without Snugtop
Snugtop Super Sport new $1800

Asking $15,500 or make an offer.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:04 PM

What kind of MPG do you get? Need another Jeep?
Old 09-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

On average 17-18 mpg, at best driving like an old lady, downhill, with a tail wind, 21 mpg. All on 87 octane. Decent for a truck, but certainly nothing to rave about.

It is a good truck, very roomy inside (fits 5 adults confortably), has plenty of power, durable, etc... but, compared to other trucks, the TRD suspension makes it a bumpy ride with the bed empty. The Snugtop helps a bit by loading the rear, but you can still feel the bounce on certain freeway portions. And this is with the "softer" springs. People were complaining that the Tacos would bottom out with a heavy load in the bed. So, Toyota has a TSB for new rear springs. My dealer will put them on if I want to, but being a DD my kidneys prefer the "softer" ride.

That's my only beef with this truck, other than that it has been really good. If you are looking at them, the new ones come with some gadgets like backup camera, and now have the 5-speed auto which in theory should yield better mpg.

Hmmmm, tempting about the Jeep, especially if it had that AW4. The movers are in the area with a half load, so they are shipping the FJC to MN this Friday. I can always inquire about sneaking in another Jeep when we are ready for the final move.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Sale pending.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:04 AM
Internet jeeps rule!

Sold.