Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 10-19-2001, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Fess up Ace!

I'd like to hear some first hand experiences of some bad TW shafts. My local guy looked at the TW shaft I got and quoted me $280 to build the same thing, not know what I'd been charged for the TW shaft. The local guy will be building my front shaft.
I don't like anyone being held up as the "best", because there probably is a guy that can build it as good and maybe for less. If there's a problem with TW stuff I want to hear about it so I can look out for it, but I'd like to hear about it from someone that had it happen to them (or if you, you being in the general sense not anyone in particular, were there to witness). There are plenty of JU-type stories of, "I heard a guy at Paragon wheeled with someone that had done Sledge and he said he passed a guy on the freeway that melted what looked like a Currie motor mount." That stuff should stay off the boards, unless it's funny of course! Didn't mean to take over your 8.8 post. Did the guy with the 8.8 have a TW shaft?

BTW, anyone ever order from 1800PIMP4PARTS? My Metcalf skid I ordered from there never showed up. If it doesn't come soon I think I'll cancel my California Top I ordered from there too.

Remember this post as MBS on JU?

Remarkable similarity to this one on here that I cut and pasted.

$170 ! ! !
I took my TW shaft to a local place that does a lot of drivelines for local racers and 4x4ers and he looked it over and quoted me $280 to build me the same thing. He's very well respected and I go into his place maybe once every week or two, so he and I are on good terms , but I think he would just laugh at me if I asked how close he could get to $170.00. Sounds like a great deal you got!

BTW, my parents bought a 2000 Dodge Ram and the next year bought a 2001 Dodge Ram, they liked the first one so much they figured they'd trade it in on the second with all the options they didn't get the first time. The thing they like the most about the Dodge is how fast the windows go up and down I guess it's a matter of what floats your boat.

It is not who you know, It is who knows you
Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps.
Which is more important, the degree or education?
Old 10-19-2001, 11:22 PM
Banned

I can only assume that TW means "Tighty Whitey". I just wanna know why you're talking about Seths shaft that way.

http://www.dehesa4x4.com/bkilby/
Old 10-22-2001, 10:27 AM
Banned

Fess up...well, you caught me. Although, I thought everyone already knew. So, everyone else fess up, who's used a different login on JU or anywhere else?

I thought everyone knew that I was posting as MBS (at times). I used enough detail to make it pretty obvious, in numerous posts (I even got pinion angle/control arm advice from Robert on JU and then thanked him here). Blaine, you even noticed the similarities about the driving without a rear drive shaft I think, so I thought you knew.

However, MBS is used as a login for up to a dozen people (I don't really know who uses it). I'm part of a very loose "club" that's part of the university here in Southern Oregon. I made up the MBS login when you were having problems (did MattBrew ever send you your money or product back?) and then e-mailed the login/password to the members of the club in case they had any Jeep related questions. There may be instances it's me posting on JU, so you may see similarities in posts between boards, but I wouldn't assume it's always me. As a matter of fact, I've used it mostly on the Cherokee side, and there are two or more others who've got TJs, at least one with a YJ, and one or more with a CJ, that I remember off the top of my head who might be using it. The rest of the guys are trouble makers that probably don’t want anything to do with a Jeep board or would use it to start flame-wars.

Áron O'Proinntigh is ainm dom
Old 10-22-2001, 11:08 AM

Ace, who else are you on JU?

I've got one alias, but that's the FLiP password.

R/
William
Jeepers are never strangers, just friends you haven't met yet.
Old 10-22-2001, 12:17 PM
Banned

I sometimes use MattBrewSucks (MBS), but that's it, oh yeah and BillKarstensSucks, and 1800PIMP4SUCKS, but that's it, I swear Really though, just MBS sometimes.

Old 10-22-2001, 06:13 PM

I think I might sign up as Dickweed. Can you do it without an email address?
Old 10-22-2001, 06:26 PM
Banned

Great idea Ron. If you want you can use MattBrew@sprunty.com and I'll e-mail you the login/password when it comes.