Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Introduce Yourself
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introduce Yourself This is a welcoming section of our bulletin board. New members, after completing the initial registration process, please stop here first to say ?Hello?

Old 07-21-2001, 10:07 PM

Hi All

This is DustyDavid's dad. I need to spend more time keeping up with the 'FUN' crew.

I'm very involved with a Benefit car show scheduled Sat. Aug 11 2001 at Mission Grove Shopping Center - 341 E Alessandro Blvd - Riverside. 4-8 PM. I would like to personally ask you to bring your rigs and photos out so we can hold a Jeep display and show the community what we have, what we do, and that we 'Jeepers' support our communities and believe in protecting the environment. The benefit is for Children & Youth programs on behalf of the American Legion; I'm very involved in this.

Contact me for information a/o if you can attend so I can designate a seperate display area. Future events are planned every 3-4 months - mostly in the Inland Empire for the immediate future. I would like to establish Jeep trophie catagories for future events; need your input.

Thanks for your your follow up and 'Happy JEEP On/Offroading'. Jay (Prospector) jclark03@earthlink.ne
Old 07-21-2001, 10:20 PM
Administrator

First post and already looking for handouts.

Hi there Jay, how you been? You ever gonna buy some shocks for that jeep and go wheelin with us? I happen to know that there is a place with tools and the inclination to make your jeep mod dreams come true.

It is not who you know, It is who knows you
Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps.

btw- you have to buy two raffle tickets if you exceed 3 posts in one weeks time.
Old 07-21-2001, 10:28 PM

Welcome Prospector

Would my Jeep qualify? It's not quite finished yet, but should be by then. What are we supposed to do? Donate money? Look beautiful? Brag about our rigs? We need more information.

What sort/kind of pictures should we bring? For a good cause I would be willing to show up.

Welcome to the JeepBBS, do you need any Fluffy advice? Hellbender is the "King of Fluff"! Too bad he lives so far away! I'd like to get a close-up look at his Jeep and take secert spy photo's.

Tell us more about what's involved.

Kathryn
Old 07-22-2001, 07:31 AM

Welcome Prospector!!

Hope you enjoy our group!

2000 TJ 4.0L, A/T, all factory options.
Jeep Rater Score 360
http://www.hellbender.rockcrawler.com/
NRA Lifetime Member

NRA Lifetime Member
Old 07-22-2001, 11:06 AM

Clearification: Car Show Benefit - Bring your Jeep(s)

JeepKat Requested more info...

The show was originally set up for Custom Street rods & Muscle cars HOWEVER, I am extending an invitation to all to join us. No entry fees for Jeeps if I'm unable to add a Jeep class for this event.

[JeepKat asked] Donate money? Look beautiful? Brag about our rigs?

You're RIGHT on, It's what its all about.

'Classic Car Show & Benefit'
Trophies - Raffles Prizes & Vendor Giveaways
Check in from 4-5 PM - Trophies at 7:30 PM
Open to 1st 60 vehicles
$10 Pre-registration, $15 at the gate (donation)

The benefitting organization for this event is the American Legion with proceeds going towards there Children & Youth programs.

Future events are planned for every three months.

[JeepKat asked]What sort/kind of pictures should we bring?

For U JeepKat... bring the laptop and I'll get a table and power for you to show off the slideshow. For some of the rest of us ... photos and tall tales.

Prospecto
Old 07-23-2001, 09:18 AM

Hay Prospector - welcome aboard. I would be interested in the show except I will be just getting back from the Rubicon that weekend - think I would win any prizes with my Jeep covered in a weeks worth of trail dust

98 TJ Sport
D44ARB/D30Detroit/Teralow/Swampers
www.geocities.com/yatezess/
Old 07-23-2001, 10:32 AM

Yeah Robert, you might have a normal looking jeep!

Hi David's Dad! Nice to see you here, and as an FYI, it's pretty cool that your involved with your son. My dad piloted a couch pretty well, and never would have done this stuff. So you're kind of one step up in the book..!

R/
William Karstens
Old 07-23-2001, 11:42 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robert J. Yates:
Hay Prospector - welcome aboard. I would be interested in the show except I will be just getting back from the Rubicon that weekend - think I would win any prizes with my Jeep covered in a weeks worth of trail dust [/quote]

Absolutely ... If the Ruby doesn't wear U out the trip back home probably will. Who knows, maybe the trail dust will cause the judge to sneeze and check-off your rig as a winner.

Have a great Ruby trip. After crossing the bridge at Rubicon Springs look for the Jeep Triage Center, make a hard right U turn - about 50 yards to the left is a grassy camp area; holds 1/2 dozen units. Enjoy

See new posting regarding update on the SHOW Re. entry fee etc.

[This message was edited by JeepBBS on July 24, 2001 at 10:30 AM.]
Old 07-24-2001, 01:35 AM

Thanks William

William ---

As David will tell U... The Jeep (Muley), the Wife, and I don't get out often enough. However, even though it's going to be a busy year the Prospector and Muley are gettin outa town every now n then - don't be standing in the middle of the road when were leavin

U goin 2 join us at the Show? I gauruunteee ya a funnin tym. I work in S.D. so ya can't tell me it's to far. If not, maybe next time.

Lookin forward to meeting ya.

? don't understand why the previous post for RJYates listed me as a "Guest" If that's so MRBlaine bring me another coffee.
Old 07-31-2001, 01:04 PM

Prospector,

Can you do us a favor, we miss David posting here. His computer is broken (again), can you loan or buy him a new one so that he might join in the fun?

It could be an early Thanksgiving gift. We'd take up a collection for him, but were spending all of our money on the raffle
Old 07-31-2001, 11:07 PM

JeepKat

No money this week - Maybe give him credits for a couple hours at KINKO's

Egg im on... he works around computers all day, ya would think he would have told one of his clients that he needs to process a few updates on jeepbbs.

I think we may want to consider a name change. After his recent purchase this past weekend it probably should be D'Smoker instead of DustyDave.

BTW Can hardly wait to inspect Ur Moscheeeen. Pumpkin?

(0]]]]]0)
Old 07-31-2001, 11:31 PM

The Pumpkin now has matching lower control arms. I finished painting them tonight. I can't tell you how relaxing it is to work on my Jeep. I'm getting it all cleaned up for the car show (I hear that I might get a new nickname, something to do with shiny jeep fetishes). Just a few more items to paint and I need to bolt on the rear diff guard. I did see David today and he invited me over to try out his cooking once he gets it perfected.

How many other Jeeps will be at the show?

Regards,
Kathryn
Old 08-01-2001, 06:39 AM

We close escrow on our new house on the 15th, so the weekend of the 11th is sort of supsect. I will, however, ask the wife for permission. It'd be good to do this. If I can, I'll let you know as soon as I can.

R/
William Karstens
Old 08-07-2001, 10:21 PM

Hi all...

I can only confirm two pre-entries at this time. Prospector's Muley n Kat's Pumpkin; gonna be kind-like the 'B4 n After'.

I know that those of you who are thinking about it will have a fun time... so Take-A-Break, Join us. Besides it will give me the opportunity to meet ya all.

(0]]]]]0)