Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 12-18-2001, 01:01 PM

Seth... Antirock w/ Long Arms???

How do you like the Currie Antirock with RE Long Arms? Seems like I've heard a number of mixed reviews with that combination and would like some real-world input.

Reason I ask is I'm really interested in running the Currie Front "Noze Guard" system like you have as well. Looking for a good strong, shorty front bumper with a winch mount that will also provide some good radiator and grill protection and this seems to fit the bill perfectly. Problem is they say you must also run the Antirock??? I'm not all that thrilled about having to fork out that much more $$$ to run the bumper but I'm not all that pleased with my current JKS disco's either (pain to disco and I've bent one.. long story). Let me know or any others that have input as well.

Justin
Old 12-18-2001, 02:42 PM

Justin,
You will get a fair amount of argument from the internet experts about the effectiveness of the Antirock, but for my money, I put it on 2 years ago and will never take it off. The beauty of the long arm suspension is that it frees the suspension up to cycle a bit more and the anti rock helps to keep the body in check with the axles under extreme articulation.

It takes about an hour to get used to it, but after that the Jeep felt more balanced to me. The ass sways in time with the nose...

As for the Currie Bumper, the short answer is yes. The bumper extends all the way to the grille and utilizes the holes that the stock sway bolted to.

I love the way my jeep handles on and off road. The long arms have proven EXTREMELY effective in nearly all situations, and the sway bars do an excellent job of making it all managable.

Humpty Dumpty
Old 12-18-2001, 02:44 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seth:
The ass sways in time with the nose...
[/quote]

William.