Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 11-20-2003, 10:13 AM

I'd like to do that Fred - that is primarily what I am working on for the MTA here in Los Angeles. Thanx.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:03 AM
I showed Matt my twinkie and he like it.

erik jordan
lakewood ca
cad designer/builder/hustler
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 11-20-2003, 11:20 AM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

a.k.a., Stu Olson
Phx, AZ
importer of rare and precious body oils (Rudy the Telephone Man is my main customer)
when the above gig ends, it's back to the nuclear power plant, that place that brings you those awesome sunsets with just the simple twist of a dial
Old 11-20-2003, 11:24 AM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Originally posted by NAILER341
erik jordan
lakewood ca
cad designer/builder/hustler
whats up homme, I am moving into Lakewood as I am buying a home there next month
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 11-20-2003, 11:31 AM
I showed Matt my twinkie and he like it.

welcome to our humble comunity i am by south street, and palo verde. where are you moving to?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 11-20-2003, 12:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Scott Send a message via AIM to Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Scott
Scott Heiser
Fed Ex package fondler
Live in Cedar Glen, Ca, but with any luck, I'll be in Palm Desert soon...
Scott
Old 11-20-2003, 01:03 PM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Originally posted by NAILER341
welcome to our humble comunity i am by south street, and palo verde. where are you moving to?
Its near the lakewood mall, I will post the more acurate location soon
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 11-20-2003, 01:19 PM
Reggae

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Palese
I will post the more acurate location soon
The cardboard box by the fire burning in the metal barrel under the bridge?
Old 11-20-2003, 01:22 PM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
The cardboard box by the fire burning in the metal barrel under the bridge?
TO don't you remember, I left your house two weeks ago

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 11-20-2003, 02:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to jeepik
Dmitry Gurvits
Rockville, MD
Network Admin/ WebSurfer
Old 11-20-2003, 02:48 PM

Re: What is your real name?

Quote:
Originally posted by Scratch
We see these names all time. i thougth it might be nice to have an introduction again so to speak.
I guess I'll start.
I'm Bob Bassett
I live in Bakersfield Ca. About 2 hours north of LA. i teach middle school Science about 40 miles north of Bakersfield.
anyone else?
Quinn Thomas
Riverside, CA
Build and install stuff on Jeeps all day......
68 Jeep M715 army truck
97 F350
Old 11-20-2003, 03:09 PM

Darrell Cramphorn
Manteca, CA
EMS Administrator for San Joaquin County
(paramedic and RN by training, moved into admin work for the county about 10 years ago)
Old 11-20-2003, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dennisuello
Denis Volkov
Software QA Engineer
Sparks, NV
Not sure how common your last name is, but do you know a Michael Volkov, formerly from the Central Valley, later hailing from Alaska and now Hawaii??
Old 11-20-2003, 03:20 PM
dennisuello

Quote:
Originally posted by Darrell C
Not sure how common your last name is, but do you know a Michael Volkov, formerly from the Central Valley, later hailing from Alaska and now Hawaii??
it's not that common, but not rare either. the only other Volkov in US that I know of is my uncle, Yuri and his family. they are in Chicago area.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:15 PM

Steven G Doumit (Dome)
Cathamet, WA.
woods product industry
Old 11-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Quote:
Darrell Cramphorn
Manteca, CA
EMS Administrator for San Joaquin County
(paramedic and RN by training, moved into admin work for the county about 10 years ago)
Got any good leads to opening in the EMT-B positions out that way? Doesn't have to be in your county but in any of them out that way. Just curious...
Old 11-20-2003, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Wind_Danzer
Got any good leads to opening in the EMT-B positions out that way? Doesn't have to be in your county but in any of them out that way. Just curious...
Does Orange County count?
Old 11-20-2003, 11:13 PM

Quote:
I looked into it a couple of years ago. I was told that EMT/Paramedic positions were about the only one that's typically open. At my transistion class out of the Navy, I was offered a class to become one. Kinda wish I did it now.

IIRC, Cali has some additional requirements that go above the national certification. Something like an additional 60 hours of training.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stu Olson
it's back to the nuclear power plant, that place that brings you those awesome sunsets with just the simple twist of a dial
Palo Verde?
Old 11-21-2003, 06:56 AM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
Does Orange County count?
Blaine,

Yea... OC works.

eurobob,

Never heard of the extra 60 hours over national cert... are you talking for EMT-P? EMT-P would be something cool to get into, but it's 1000 hours on your own dime (here in NJ) and you don't get paid until after you become certified so it's very time consuming. Would someone have paid for you to take the class???

It's probably the same way out that way, I think it's pretty standard around the country.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:47 AM

Sorry for the slow response, lets see if I can catch up.

Denis,

Just thought I'd ask. Mike was an employee of mine for several years, before going back into ED nursing. His brother lives in Phoenix, and his parents just moved to Fresno.

Jamie,

EMT-B, or as it's usually called in CA EMT-I, position openings are very common in our county. We are a moderate sized county with a population of about 600,000, around 30,000 EMS responses per year, and at present 9 ALS transport provider agencies and 18 fire departments...with two of the fire agencies also being ALS transport. The other 7 ALS transport providers are a mix of private and non-profit.

A word of caution however. We are one of the last counties in CA that has areas "open" to competition... as opposed to being totally "exclusive". This has resulted in a tremendous influx of ALS provider agencies, and hence, an "ambulance war". Consequently, we are in the process of developing an RFP (request for proposal) for exclusive rights to the remainder of the county. I mention this, because in all likelihood, in the next year and a half, we will cancel the ALS provider agreements we have in place with most of the providers (if not all) and make them leave. Conversely, the agency (or agencies) that win the RPF process, will probably hire the existing employees of the current companies to staff the units (we run about 30 ALS ambulances 24/7 right now). This may be more background than you wanted to know, but I wanted to be honest and let you know we are undergoing change.

Our website is here. You can find links and contact info for each of the providers and fire departments that serve our area. The larger providers usually are accepting applications continually for EMT-I. BTW, last I checked, EMT-I training in CA is currently at 120 hours. If you are currently an EMT-I (or B) from another state, we allow you to challenge our EMT-I certification exam.

Go here , click on local EMS Agency administrators, and it'll lead you to every EMS Agency in CA with contact info for them.

If you like, feel free to call me at the main number listed on our website. I'll be happy to chat with you. But I'm not in the office today as I took the day off

Edit: if this doesn't qualify as a thread hijack, I don't know what does Hope it's still acceptable. Jamie, feel free to PM also.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:12 AM

Fred Garvin....... Male Prostitue

Just kidding... Saturday Night Live fans might remember that one.

John Lemieux
Corona Ca.
I own a 4WD repair practice called All 4 Wheel Drive.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:38 AM
Arizona Chick

Darrell,

Thanks for the info and the honesty, I'll be checking out the sites during to day as I have nothing better to do being home sick.

JLemieux,

I love Danny A. He was too funny!!!
Old 11-21-2003, 09:22 AM
Arizona Chick

Hmm, last of the hijack on my part...

I noticed that Cali doesn't allow B's (or 1's as it is called there) National Standing... I was hoping to keep that.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:53 AM

Milan Springl
Computer consultant
Calgary, Ab

There's a repairman at my door. He says he's here to fix my modem. Says his name is Rudy. He has oily skin and a Mickey Dee bag in his hand. Don't know what's in the other hand but he shook it more than twice. Should I open the door?
Old 11-21-2003, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cutch
Ian McCutchon
retired: Police Officer
now: Hobo, Manny (male nanny), Prospector, occupant at the Master Slave Sgt Sue Munroe Slave Camp (our house)
Liar.....

Your name is really Trailbitch.....

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 11-21-2003, 12:12 PM

Jeff Burnette
Down-town Atlanta

Retirement Plan Technical Advisor

Hopefully relocating to Colorado in '04

Jeff
Old 11-21-2003, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Hmm, last of the hijack on my part...

I noticed that Cali doesn't allow B's (or 1's as it is called there) National Standing... I was hoping to keep that.
Your slightly ahead of the curve on this. This info is not widely known yet, but since one of my staff has been sitting on the statewide taskforce to re-write those regulations, I have a heads-up on things to come.

Regulations are being re-written to accept the National Registry EMT-B in CA without further testing. Walk into our office, show us a current NR EMT-B card, and you'll get issued a CA EMT-1 card. Should be fully implemented by '05, if not sooner. Also, issuance of an EMT-I card from CA does not nullify the NR certification...you can keep it.

Darrell

[/thread hijack off]

PS Hope you feel better. It is the cold and flu season. Ya know what they say, treat the common cold aggressively and you'll be better in 7 days, otherwise it'll take a week.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:33 PM
Arizona Chick

Quote:
Regulations are being re-written to accept the National Registry EMT-B in CA without further testing. Walk into our office, show us a current NR EMT-B card, and you'll get issued a CA EMT-1 card. Should be fully implemented by '05, if not sooner. Also, issuance of an EMT-I card from CA does not nullify the NR certification...you can keep it.
Actually it could nillify the national standing if your CE's (or we call them CEU's) will not be accepted by the NR. Are your CE's accepted even though you your EMT-1's are not part of the system at this time?

Quote:
[/thread hijack off]

PS Hope you feel better. It is the cold and flu season. Ya know what they say, treat the common cold aggressively and you'll be better in 7 days, otherwise it'll take a week.
Ha ha ha...
Old 11-21-2003, 01:51 PM

well my side notes say where I live and who I am.

I do computer work if that is what you want to call my current job.

So just think the way I type and spell I do systems work and web pages.

Scott