Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 03-08-2004, 06:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
Part of the issue with forums is that you don't always know the history. Tracy has taken great delight in being cantankerous to the point of be downright rude, insulting, malicious and difficult just to be difficult. He has stalked some of our threads on other boards just to engage in rude behavior.

We attempt to tolerate as little of that as is possible and let most everyone have their say. Tracy found us over here knowing full well that he is on nearly continual probation and any reversion to tactics on other boards will instantly get him a pass over here.

We know him and he knows us and as long as he behaves in this little corner of the e-universe, all is well.

Part of what you have seen is some getting their licks in for his past indiscretions.
I personally thought we all moved on from this point but I guess not. As you said some of this stuff happened in the past. I wouldn't say I stalked anyone ever I strongly disagreed with you on the issues of LPD44 vs. HPD30, frame noching, and stated my opinion every time that issue came up but so did you, I wouldn?t call that stalking. Your tactics haven?t always been the purest either I have seen you and your friends completely slam people on other boards and be completely rude clean up yourself before you start banging on my door. As I said before you state this stuff happened in the past and IMO life is to short to keep dwelling on the past. I thought you had gotten over it when we struck a deal with the remote and some knuckle welding you where going to do but it seems like you go back to our past arguments when you want to slam me for some reason. If you?re going to slam me slam me for something I?m doing now not something that happened almost a year ago. I have changed in some aspects I'm not perfect but better I must have I?m still here and you haven?t banned me yet I must be doing something right. Again life is to short to be holding grudges against people you have said some pretty rude stuff to me in the past you don?t see me throwing that in your face move on Blaine life will be much better between us. The last dealing I had with you sent me winch controller and I sent you 2 WJ knuckles we should both be happy so move on. Maybe I'll see you out at JV some day I would much rather have it be a good meeting unlike some other people that you deal with that don't seem to like you on other boards like "Pirate4x4" I'm on your side when it comes to the stupid stuff that goes on the trails focus on that.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by 02_WHITE_TJ_X
I personally thought we all moved on from this point but I guess not. As you said some of this stuff happened in the past. I wouldn't say I stalked anyone ever I strongly disagreed with you on the issues of LPD44 vs. HPD30, frame noching, and stated my opinion every time that issue came up but so did you, I wouldn?t call that stalking. Your tactics haven?t always been the purest either I have seen you and your friends completely slam people on other boards and be completely rude clean up yourself before you start banging on my door. As I said before you state this stuff happened in the past and IMO life is to short to keep dwelling on the past. I thought you had gotten over it when we struck a deal with the remote and some knuckle welding you where going to do but it seems like you go back to our past arguments when you want to slam me for some reason. If you?re going to slam me slam me for something I?m doing now not something that happened almost a year ago. I have changed in some aspects I must have I?m still here and you haven?t banned me yet I must be doing something right. Again life is to short to be holding grudges against people you have said some pretty rude stuff to me in the past you don?t see me throwing that in your face move on Blaine life will be much better between us. The last dealing I had with you sent me winch controller and I sent you 2 WJ knuckles we should both be happy so move on. Maybe I'll see you out at JV some day I would much rather have it be a good meeting.
Tracy, you have always been welcome to disagree. You also have to understand when someone asks about something, when it's very clear that they are confused, I don't see much wrong in setting them straight.

Did I say anything that wasn't true?
Old 03-08-2004, 06:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Tracy, you have always been welcome to disagree. You also have to understand when someone asks about something, when it's very clear that they are confused, I don't see much wrong in setting them straight.

Did I say anything that wasn't true?
Read what I said again I disagree on the stalking part I stated my opinion every time I disagreed with you but that is far from stalking. And as I said it went both ways I do not think I was totally at fault at any time it takes 2 to argue. I have been treated rudely, had insults said about me and I will be the first to admit I did the same also. But above you point out only my wrongs not yours and that is what I was doing but I do admit that most of the stuff said was true for the past but lets get over that and move on have I insulted you lately? Look at last week we totally dissagree with what is going on in the White House but I don't see me throwing any insualts there maybe you did but I didn't.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Read what I said again I disagree on the stalking part I stated my opinion every time I disagreed with you but that is far from stalking. And as I said it went both ways I do not think I was totally at fault at any time it takes 2 to argue. I have been treated rudely, had insults said about me and I will be the first to admit I did the same also. But above you point out only my wrongs not yours and that is what I was doing but I do admit that most of the stuff said was true for the past but lets get over that and move on have I insulted you lately? Look at last week we totally dissagree with what is going on in the White House but I don't see me throwing any insualts there maybe you did but I didn't.
You're 100 percent correct.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
You're 100 percent correct.
Wow thats a first
Old 03-08-2004, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Wow thats a first
Why is necessary?
Old 03-08-2004, 08:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
Why is necessary?
? I don't understand
Old 03-08-2004, 09:19 AM

Sorry - typo. Why is this necessary? is what I meant.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
Sorry - typo. Why is this necessary? is what I meant.
It was meant as a joke that is why it has a I'm trying to lighten things up a little. Time to get your shorts from being all wadded up Do you get it now?
Old 03-08-2004, 01:26 PM

I don't think anyone will deal with him again since he flaked. I passed up a sweet deal on Ebay because I thought I had a good deal with him on the Ready Welder II .

02 White TJ - come clean and hold up your end of the deal. We had deal!!
Old 03-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Mark Hinkley
A deal isn't a deal until parts or money have changed hands! Period!

Shiet happens, I just stopped having a guy wait for me to sell wheels to because I won't have time to do my project for a longer time than I thought and don't want that hanging out there any more. Is that bad, maybe in someones eyes but I would rather be honest and let the guy find other wheels rather than waiting for me.

I been burned by so many jerks saying oh I'll buy them and hold them for xxxx days and then come up with crap they don't have the money. That just sucks when others wanted the stuff and had the money. So just because this first guy is a flake both me and a REAL buyer wait because he's a jerk.

People owing money for items really suck. Personal time spent helping a buddy out should have nothing to do with that buddy being owed money for items exchanged/purchased. We all help work on each other's rigs because we are freinds, holding that over someone after the fact is chicken sheit! Part deals are part deals and help is help. Unless you are in the business with a shop helping others out is your choice and shouldn't be held over anyone for money unless PRIOR arrangements are made. Same goes for borrowing tools unless your renting them with prior notice then $ have nothing to do with it. It's amazing how short peoples memories can get.

It's too bad not all sides remember who owes who money for sheit parts they have of others.

hinkley
been on both sides of deals gone bad this last week and it all NO fun.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Hinkley

Shiet happens, I just stopped having a guy wait for me to sell wheels to because I won't have time to do my project for a longer time than I thought and don't want that hanging out there any more. Is that bad, maybe in someones eyes but I would rather be honest and let the guy find other wheels rather than waiting for me.

I been burned by so many jerks saying oh I'll buy them and hold them for xxxx days and then come up with crap they don't have the money. That just sucks when others wanted the stuff and had the money. So just because this first guy is a flake both me and a REAL buyer wait because he's a jerk.

People owing money for items really suck. Personal time spent helping a buddy out should have nothing to do with that buddy being owed money for items exchanged/purchased. We all help work on each other's rigs because we are freinds, holding that over someone after the fact is chicken sheit! Part deals are part deals and help is help. Unless you are in the business with a shop helping others out is your choice and shouldn't be held over anyone for money unless PRIOR arrangements are made. Same goes for borrowing tools unless your renting them with prior notice then $ have nothing to do with it. It's amazing how short peoples memories can get.

It's too bad not all sides remember who owes who money for sheit parts they have of others.

hinkley
Well, I'm quite sure you're qualified to pass judgement since you were there for all of the transactions.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:17 PM

Post Closed for Business.

Quote:

hinkley
Mark,

What does all of this sheit have to do with anything? I am personally sick of you preaching to others, or maybe you were just talking to yourself and I have misunderstood your intention.

I ask myself: "Just who is this guy?" You stop by our place to visit the "Magic Cabinet" and you bring strangers by our camp to see if we have spare parts and then you spew crap from your mouth at every given opportunity, Blah, Blah. I am personally sick of hearing you preach. If it?s not your personal business, then keep your nose and your comments to yourself. If you are hanging around just to be an "Ankle Bitter", then don't bother. I think they started an Ankle Bitters club on another board and I'm sure they'd let you be the president if you ask nicely.

But then as you say, this is just my personal opinion and you can ban me for it if you feel like it because you are not going to hurt my feelings. This is just how I feel about it, don?t take it personally.

Kat
Old 03-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JEEPGUY
I don't think anyone will deal with him again since he flaked. I passed up a sweet deal on Ebay because I thought I had a good deal with him on the Ready Welder II .

OK $325 Plus ship for used Ready Welder including CO2 Regultor and many spools of wire. If we can agree that $40 dollars is fair for shipping from Oh to CA we have a deal. We never came up with a shipping price and that is where the deal was stopped by me. So I'm coming clean email me and I will ship you your welder. If you need a picture of what you are going to get I will post it here if I can find someone to host a pic.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I don't have a dog in this fight, but...

I've always thought a man's (or woman's) word was important.

At least to me it is...maybe not to you.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Darrell C

Ditto.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Darrell C

Have you ever been in retail?

Special ordered stuff for people who don't come back and back up their word. Been there done that, and done with that.

Money talks and BS walks.

Deal is done with the exchange of money/items.

hinkley
Old 03-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Banned

Re: Closed for Business.

Quote:
Originally posted by JeepKat
Mark,

What does all of this sheit have to do with anything? I am personally sick of you preaching to others, or maybe you were just talking to yourself and I have misunderstood your intention.

I ask myself: "Just who is this guy?" You stop by our place to visit the "Magic Cabinet" and you bring strangers by our camp to see if we have spare parts and then you spew crap from your mouth at every given opportunity, Blah, Blah. I am personally sick of hearing you preach. If it?s not your personal business, then keep your nose and your comments to yourself. If you are hanging around just to be an "Ankle Bitter", then don't bother. I think they started an Ankle Bitters club on another board and I'm sure they'd let you be the president if you ask nicely.

But then as you say, this is just my personal opinion and you can ban me for it if you feel like it because you are not going to hurt my feelings. This is just how I feel about it, don?t take it personally.

Kat

I'm not sure what your statements have to do with this discussion.

Did I ask or take something without paying for it?
Have I ever taken anything without asking for how much do you want for it?
Did I also come by to pay a debt I had to someone?
I'm sorry if I brought a freind with me to your camp didn't know invitations were needed. I'll know better next time.

I guess I'm not in line with the discussion of beating on Tracy so must be outside the line again, I'm sorry!

hinkley
Old 03-08-2004, 08:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Hinkley

People owing money for items really suck. Personal time spent helping a buddy out should have nothing to do with that buddy being owed money for items exchanged/purchased. We all help work on each other's rigs because we are freinds

heh, in perfect world maybe but then some folks begin to expect what was done for them once or in some cases twice will simply continue on indefinitely without any reciprocity,acknowledgement and in some cases,downright rudeness. I don't call that friendship.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Who changed my user title?

Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett
Re: Closed for Business.

Quote:
Originally posted by JeepKat
... If it?s not your personal business, then keep your nose and your comments to yourself. ...
Unfortunately, once it hits the Net and a public BBS, the once personal matter is now open for public consumption and critique.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Closed for Business.

Quote:
Originally posted by cbassett
Unfortunately, once it hits the Net and a public BBS, the once personal matter is now open for public consumption and critique.
Sad but true.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:42 PM

I can understand the frustration but until the money changes hands either party can back out. There certainly are laws governing buyers and I am sure sellers. Here in CA buyers do not have a "cooling off period" which basically means you just can't return goods after a purchase/contract is done without the seller agreeing or under certain conditions.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:05 AM

Quote:
OK $325 Plus ship for used Ready Welder including CO2 Regultor and many spools of wire. If we can agree that $40 dollars is fair for shipping from Oh to CA we have a deal. We never came up with a shipping price and that is where the deal was stopped by me. So I'm coming clean email me and I will ship you your welder. If you need a picture of what you are going to get I will post it here if I can find someone to host a pic.
you can email me the pics.

dan @ jeepbuff . com (remove the spaces)

and if you ship via fedex ground it is *ALOT* more reasonable than UPS and faster.

http://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/shipInfo

I put in 40 lbs ( plenty for a ready welder yes? ) valued at $400 shipped from Ohio to Sacramento CA and it was $27.92

Looks like a few locations in grove city.

http://go.vicinity.com/fedex/GeoPrx....B2&dropHM=1000
Old 03-09-2004, 03:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan-H
you can email me the pics.

dan @ jeepbuff . com (remove the spaces)

and if you ship via fedex ground it is *ALOT* more reasonable than UPS and faster.

http://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/shipInfo

I put in 40 lbs ( plenty for a ready welder yes? ) valued at $400 shipped from Ohio to Sacramento CA and it was $27.92

Looks like a few locations in grove city.

http://go.vicinity.com/fedex/GeoPrx....B2&dropHM=1000
You are under a different user name and different email are you the person I have a deal with?
Old 03-09-2004, 05:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JEEPGUY

I responded to your E-Mail and sent you the pics.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
I sold my springs and made it clear that the special price was for local only because of no shipping charge involved and the person buying them wants me to pay for shipping so DEAL OFF im keeping them!!!!
That you Don? I thought you were going to get back with me when you were moved into your new place andyou had a chance to package so I would know what to USPS money order ($150 + shipping) or Paypal you. When did I assert they would be shipped for free?
Old 03-09-2004, 06:31 AM

Quote:
You are under a different user name and different email are you the person I have a deal with?
I am Dan, the Dan part of Dan-H

jeepguy is Rich, the gent who is considering buying your welder.

Rich and I are friends and we happen to share an email domain jeepbuff . com that belongs to yet another freind of ours.

I was simply offering to to host the pics of the welder. I'm not interested in buying it.

make sense now?
Old 03-09-2004, 06:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan-H
I am Dan, the Dan part of Dan-H

jeepguy is Rich, the gent who is considering buying your welder.

Rich and I are friends and we happen to share an email domain jeepbuff . com that belongs to yet another freind of ours.

I was simply offering to to host the pics of the welder. I'm not interested in buying it.

make sense now?

Now I understand. I sent the pics to Rich earlier today hope all works out. Thanks for the offer to help.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:45 AM

Doesn't this belong in the Marketplace "Buy/Sell Jeep Stuff" forum now?
Old 03-09-2004, 07:48 AM
Administrator

So Tracy, now that you are selling this stuff, does that mean you will leave the sport now?