Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 09-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

TJ Rubi axles in Sport - How to hook it up?

Thinking of buying an Unlimited (found a Rubicon) and selling the TJ, but I need to figure out something.

The idea is to have a wrench-a-thon to swap everything over and turn my TJ Sport into a Rubicon, which seems pretty straight forward BUT...

Does anyone know if I will run into problems hooking up the Rubi locker pumps and having the dash lights come on? Is this run through the PCM or can it be wired as an independent circuit and still have the locker dash lights to work?
Old 09-20-2009, 09:43 AM

It runs thru the computer but you could still get it to work. You will have to do something with the locker switch as I thing it would be difficult to get the factory locker switch to work, just get two seperate switches.

Just a little confused here. Are you wanting to buy a Rubicon and swap the parts with your TJ?
Old 09-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Internet jeeps rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
It runs thru the computer but you could still get it to work. You will have to do something with the locker switch as I thing it would be difficult to get the factory locker switch to work, just get two seperate switches.

Just a little confused here. Are you wanting to buy a Rubicon and swap the parts with your TJ?
Thanks Joel, good to know for next time.

The idea was to end up with an LJ and it happened that there was a very clean 06 LJ Rubi for sale next to me. So, I figured I'd buy the LJ, park the 2 side by side, swap everything I wanted to keep onto the LJ, and then sell the TJ with the Rubi powertrain. But it's gone so back to the drawing board.

At first I thought about finding an LJ tub, taking my tub off, cutting/extending my frame, putting the LJ tub on, and voila. However, finding a tub that isn't tweaked seems difficult.