Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Black Label
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Black Label Have you been treated good or bad? Share your story. This is the place to praise or shame

Old 04-26-2004, 08:12 AM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Thumbs up 4Wheel Parts

Lately, I've avoided 4Wheel Parts like the plague due to several bad experiences with customer service, notably, trying to charge more than advertised prices, etc. It is with pleasant surprise that they apparently may be mending their ways. I went in a few weeks ago to pick up some Rancho 9000X's. Even though Rancho is running a buy 3 get 1 free deal right now, I was expecting a gouge. Without having to mention price, I was charged the exact amount shown in their mailer.

A second positive experience happened on Saturday. I went down to the Compton store (main warehouse) to pick up a Safari top to replace my header bikini which had torn. I pointed to the catalog number and said "I need one of these" (still wary of a price overcharge). When the salesman mentioned the windshield channel, I mentioned that I already had one and went on my way. When I got home I realized that I had pointed out the regular Safari top and not the one that uses the clamp-on header. When I went down to 4WP to exchange it a different salesman said no problem and wrote me up. He mentioned that it'd take a minute longer so he could get a price match because the clamp-on style cost more and wanted to compensate me for the drive back. I told him that it was my fault for pointing out the wrong part but he price matched it for me anyway as a gesture of goodwill.

Just when I thought it was safe to hate a shop, they had to go and improve tenfold. Two thumbs up for 4WP change of ways.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:41 AM

Great... they start treating people right, just after they closed their store here.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:12 PM

Send a message via ICQ to PondScum
Re: 4Wheel Parts

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Weston
Lately, I've avoided 4Wheel Parts like the plague due to several bad experiences with customer service, notably, trying to charge more than advertised prices, etc. It is with pleasant surprise that they apparently may be mending their ways. I went in a few weeks ago to pick up some Rancho 9000X's. Even though Rancho is running a buy 3 get 1 free deal right now, I was expecting a gouge. Without having to mention price, I was charged the exact amount shown in their mailer.

A second positive experience happened on Saturday. I went down to the Compton store (main warehouse) to pick up a Safari top to replace my header bikini which had torn. I pointed to the catalog number and said "I need one of these" (still wary of a price overcharge). When the salesman mentioned the windshield channel, I mentioned that I already had one and went on my way. When I got home I realized that I had pointed out the regular Safari top and not the one that uses the clamp-on header. When I went down to 4WP to exchange it a different salesman said no problem and wrote me up. He mentioned that it'd take a minute longer so he could get a price match because the clamp-on style cost more and wanted to compensate me for the drive back. I told him that it was my fault for pointing out the wrong part but he price matched it for me anyway as a gesture of goodwill.

Just when I thought it was safe to hate a shop, they had to go and improve tenfold. Two thumbs up for 4WP change of ways.

Next time you are there ask for Terry. He's the district manager and works out of the Compton store. He's a regular on alot of boards and goes by the screen name "DoughBoy". He's good to go and knows his stuff. I just wish he didn't leave the San Marcos store for the Compton one!

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
RE Hand Throttle
Optima Red Top
K&N Filter
Old 05-13-2004, 06:45 AM

Knew Terry when he managed the Santa Ana store

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to KRAMONUT
I'll give 2 thumbs up for them. My first experience was just a recent one when I purchased tires from them (all thru their site/email). Really good price & fast shipping. I was impressed.