Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 07-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Here we go again... Smores anyone?

So, I was driving back from work when all of a sudden I had to go from 80 mph to zero in a few hundred feet. Why? you ask, because people are retarded.
Let me explain and do my best Keith Olbermann impersonation of "The worst person on the planet".

Worse: The moron who started a brush fire in the canyon adjacent to the one where I live. Mind you it is a virgin canyon, there are no homes, OHV trails, or hiking trails, so unless brush instantaneously combusts, someone started this mess by deliberately throwing something.

Worser: The morons who drive 80 mph on the freeway and suddenly stop to look at the action. Better yet, quite a few of them left their vehicles to watch and/or take pictures.

Worst: No, it's not Billo, but rather our beloved CHP. There were two units stopped on the freeway watching the action alongside the morons mentioned above. Now, since when is it ok for people to use the freeway as a parking lot? I didn't see any CHP officer even remotely attempting to tell people to get moving, much less giving them a ticket. I bet you that if I parked my truck in the middle of the freeway to go take a leak, I would be in jail by now.

Anyway, the fire is a couple miles from my house and besides all the smoke it seems under control for now. There were 2 helicopters dumping water and about 20 fire trucks in the area. On the other hand, if it jumps the freeway, this could be trouble as the area is heavily populated and heavily wooded.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:03 PM

Keep it slow Lawrence....try 79mph next time.

I have driven in lots of states. Florida seems to be BY FAR the worst drivers on the planet.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:45 PM

Florida........Ha, That's funny!!!!!!!!!! ';>)

Florida seems to be BY FAR the worst drivers on the planet.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st turtle View Post
Florida........Ha, That's funny!!!!!!!!!! ';>)
Having lived in FL for 8 years, let's see (and I'll skip the tourists)...

You have the "blue hair special" who is pushing 80 yrs old, driving a big Cadillac and looking at the road between the steering and the dash, who thinks mirrors are a useless option, and who is running late late for the early bird special and bingo night.

Then, you have what some refer to as the "latino effect". If you have a meeting at 1:00, people show up at 2:00 or 2:30 and the same rule seems to apply on the road as many believe that when a traffic light turns red, they have a 15 second "grace period". It is quite frequent to see 6 or 7 cars go through the intersection after the light turns red, including Miami's finest. In Miami, try "Calle Ocho" and it gets very interesting really fast.

And, let's not forget the hillbilly redneck who drives a pickup truck with the confederate flag in the back, who has no regards whatsoever for anyone else's vehicle, and who thinks spending weekends drinking Bud and shooting at household appliances in the Everglades is the pinnacle.

Besides this, they're not too bad.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Flame Broiled is best

I was in Big Bear this past weekend, and I have to say that the WORST thing I saw was a yellow Jeep with a RED hard top pulling a couple wave runners on a trailer...seriously...sickening!

(hope all is OK with the fires Lawrence!)
Old 07-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Internet jeeps rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman View Post
I was in Big Bear this past weekend, and I have to say that the WORST thing I saw was a yellow Jeep with a RED hard top pulling a couple wave runners on a trailer...seriously...sickening!
LOl, I guess he wasn't kidding when he said he liked the color combo and that he was going to keep the hardtop red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman View Post
(hope all is OK with the fires Lawrence!)
Yep... I guess they didn't want to take any chances, on top of the helicopters they dispatched 200 firefighters to quickly put it out.