Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Black Label

Black Label Have you been treated good or bad? Share your story. This is the place to praise or shame

Old 11-03-2001, 11:17 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Performance Friction brake pads

I'll be damned, I was able to lock up the front brakes tonight for the first time since going to 35's. After Blaine told me how crappy the Raybestos pads were and that the PF's were the way to go I decided to replace the Raybestos pads even though there not even half worn. Although I have no quantitative data, the seat of the pants feel of the new pads shows a huge improvement.

What's interesting is that the surface area of the PF pads is smaller than the Raybestos yet it stops much better. PF's are on the left.

{edit} apparently the changes at rockcrawler.com won't let me link photos anymore so you'll have to take my word for it on the pad size.
Thanks Blaine!

Jeff
Old 11-04-2001, 08:33 AM
Banned

Where did you buy them. I looked for them at a place up here and they didn't carry them. Before going to any other stores I figured I'd ask.

Áron O'Proinntigh is ainm dom
Old 11-04-2001, 09:03 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

I got 'em at Autozone, in stock at regular price of $38.99±. Worth every penny and then some. With the lifetime warranty, short of going to different brakes, these will be the last set I have to buy!

Jeff
Old 11-04-2001, 09:41 PM
Banned

Thanks. I guess I'll have to call around. When I went to their site they have a distributor link, that doesn't work. I don't think we have Autozone's, but I'll check.

Áron O'Proinntigh is ainm dom