Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Black Label

Black Label Have you been treated good or bad? Share your story. This is the place to praise or shame

Old 10-01-2002, 07:59 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to emills
Dimensions Services

I have an aftermarket extended warranty through this company. Now I know that aftermarket warranties are always a joke (from my experience anyways), but this one is sub-par. They have written into the contract to basically exclude everything that they can get away with excluding. And now, I also find out that their deductible is on a per repari basis, not per trip to the dealer. So if you have multiple items getting repaired at once, they charge multiple deductibles.

To top it off, their customer service is non-existent. And they have proven to me several times that they do not care about my satisfation with them. On the current repair that is being done (sunroof), they insisted on inspecting the vehicle prior to repairs. That is fine with me. That was on a Wednesday. They couldn't be bothered to come out until the following Monday. And the dealer could not order the part until they inspected it. So they have delayed the return of my Jeep by several days.

Cliff notes summary:
If you buy an extended warranty for a vehicle, be sure that it is not by Dimensions Services. Avoid that company.

Eric
Old 10-29-2002, 09:34 AM

Most consumer advocates that I hear on the radio say that extended warrenty contracts are seldom worth what they cost. I've purchaced two in the past; One on my first cell phone and one on a car I bought from Hertz. Neither were worth it.

I never used the one on the cell phone and it was pricey.

I refuse to do business with Hertz any more because of the tranny problems they wouldn't cover.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:29 PM

The GOOD!

CompUSA has an excellent extended warantee.

It is no questions asked. You can hit your (for example) iPod with a hammer a day before the end of the warantee, drive over it with your car, sawzall it into 10 pieces and exchange it without hassle for a new one.

I got it (for 29 bucks) on my iPod since it came with a 90 day warantee. After 90 days was up, but before the 2 year CompUSA extension, it stopped working. No questions asked, I was given a replacement (one time only).

At the same time, I purchased a new extension.

I would go in for another CompUSA warantee anytime.

Patrick