Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 03-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Administrator

I have a question, (bet you couldn't have figured that?).

Are long arms considered extended or are extended arms considered long arms?

I would prefer to not be lumped into the long arm runners, I already have too many conversations with them on how to get their arms up out of the rocks.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:14 PM
Who changed my user title?

Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett
Are you a Clinton Fan? That kinda sounds like a 'what is, is' type of question.

I dunno honestly. I put extensions on my radius arms. Folks call them extended radius arms. They sure are long though.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sethmark
[B]Jeff,
I've bought and abandoned more product than most jeep clubs members combined. 9 sets of tires (4 BFG, 3 Goodyear, 2 Swamper), 3 transfer cases (Teralow on one, Atlas II now) 5 lift combinations of various heights and arm lengths, 2 different sets of axles 30/44 both with detroits and HP60s with ARBs. I am also on trail typically 4 days per month plus every major event west of Colorado. Last year alone I got to run Rubicon, Moab, Hammers, Big Bear, Axle Alley in Phoenix, Truckhaven, Ocotillo Wells, among others.
Seth,

I happy that you have spent a small fortune making your Jeep work - I, on the other hand, did some homework and went with a proven method. Bought everything just once (except for my front bumper and that was a pure personal decision). But then again, I don't go for the big bad Jeep theory of buildups.

Those ROCK BUGGIES (they don't look much like a car) are very cool - I'm jealous you got to drive them - it'd be fun to drive something as point and shoot as that.

Realize that I'm messing with you - I find it funny that the guy running $12K+ of powdercoated, hi-steer, one ton, blah blah blah, axles calls Sergey elitist.

Someday we will meet and run trails together and that should be fun.

Jeff
Old 03-03-2003, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbassett
Are you a Clinton Fan? That kinda sounds like a 'what is, is' type of question.

I dunno honestly. I put extensions on my radius arms. Folks call them extended radius arms. They sure are long though.
Chris - I'm just curious - do you do anything on the Internet aside from sling your poo at Blaine? Just an observation - certainly Blaine can defend himself, I'm just asking the question.

Jeff
Old 03-03-2003, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
I happy that you have spent a small fortune making your Jeep work - I, on the other hand, did some homework and went with a proven method. Bought everything just once (except for my front bumper and that was a pure personal decision).
So you are keeping your XJ set up as your rockcrawling jeep? I'm not here often enough to be plugged in to the inside jokes but in the other thread it sounded as if this wasn't the case. Sorry if I'm missing something.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Art Welch
So you are keeping your XJ set up as your rockcrawling jeep? I'm not here often enough to be plugged in to the inside jokes but in the other thread it sounded as if this wasn't the case. Sorry if I'm missing something.
No. My XJ works extremely well mechanically and it definately has done what I built it for. I have two issues with it - it's too big for where I want to play on a regular basis, and I'm don't have the seat time to keep from thrashing it all over Johnson Valley.

Good to talk to you Art - how is everything?

Jeff
Old 03-03-2003, 07:23 PM
Reggae

Quote:
Originally posted by sethmark
I've bought and abandoned more product than most jeep clubs members combined.
Here is an incomplete list of things I bought and abandoned:

1. Original Jeep Carpets: replaced with Husky Floor Liners
2. Goodyear GSA tires: replaced with BFG AT/Ko
3. Stock front antiswaybar links: replaced with JKS
4. BFG AT/Ko tires: replaced with Goodyear MTR tires
5. Bumperlettes, front and rear: lost in action
6. Stock Dana 44 axle: replaced with a Currie 9"
7. Stock suspension: replaced with Skyjacker Doubleflex
8. JKS front antisway bar links: replaced with whatever came with the Skyjacker kit
9. Skyjacker rear anti-sway bar links: replaced with Antirock style anti-sway bar links
10. Stock side steps and moldings: replaced with Sun performance rocker panels
11. Stock hardtop: replaced with another hardtop from an earlier model
12. Stock Gas Tank skid plate: replaced with an ACF unit
13. Front Anti-Sway bar assembly: replaced with Currie Anti-Rock
14. Front and rear bumpers: replaced with Currie units
15. Stock Transfer Case skid plate: replaced with Terra Belly-up
16. Terra Steering box skid: tried to figure out why would I want it, failed, bought the Currie version instead
17. Willson antenna: lost in action, replaced with a K40
18. Skyjacker front trackbar: replaced with a custom bar based on RE version
19. Stock Fog lights: one lost to a piece of debris on freeway, replaced with Walmart special
20. Front axleshaft assemblies: replaced with Warn version
21. Terra Belly up: replaced with a Currie unit
22. Rear trackbar: replaced with a custom bar based on RE version
23. Stock Fender Flares: replaced with Bushwackers due to damage
24. The Warn Hub assembly star washer: replaced with a Ford part
25. One Warn small hub: replaced with a newer version due to disintegration
26. Rear Skyjacker Nitro shocks: replaced with Rancho 9000 version
27. Rear Detroit locker: replaced with ARB
28. Rear license plate holder: the license plat bolts right to the body now
29. Turbo City antenna mount: replaced with Radio Shack version
30. Factory paint in various places: replaced with Hammerite
31. A can of Spam: ate half of it, didn't like the taste, and threw out the rest.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:27 PM

Quote:
No. My XJ works extremely well mechanically and it definately has done what I built it for. I have two issues with it - it's too big for where I want to play on a regular basis, and I'm don't have the seat time to keep from thrashing it all over Johnson Valley.
Then it seems to me that you didn't quite succeed at "Bought everything just once" at the most basic level.

Quote:
Good to talk to you Art - how is everything?
Things are good, too busy as always but good. I wish I'd been there to see you and Robert compete, it sounds like it was a great time!
Old 03-03-2003, 07:46 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Mark Hinkley
Jeff,

Don't forget you are on your SECOND jeep going on to your THIRD!!!

mark
orgs mfg

Old 03-03-2003, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Seth,

I happy that you have spent a small fortune making your Jeep work - I, on the other hand, did some homework and went with a proven method. Bought everything just once (except for my front bumper and that was a pure personal decision). But then again, I don't go for the big bad Jeep theory of buildups.

Those ROCK BUGGIES (they don't look much like a car) are very cool - I'm jealous you got to drive them - it'd be fun to drive something as point and shoot as that.

Realize that I'm messing with you - I find it funny that the guy running $12K+ of powdercoated, hi-steer, one ton, blah blah blah, axles calls Sergey elitist.

Someday we will meet and run trails together and that should be fun.

Jeff
I quite clearly understand that you're messing with me. I'm messing with you back. That's why we're doing it. Its more entertaining than the task that I had in front of me otherwise.

And RE: my jeep, well, I started out living a different life... a single, overpaid marketing guy working for a software company in the heart of silicon valley. The jeep got built for a different set of trails and a different world. When I moved to so cal and got an industry job, well, things changed. So, yeah, I've spent a fortune, but learned an awful lot in between. Until I got married, no one ever really cared how I spent the money I was earning.

So, I was able to learn by mistake... and I also bought lots of stuff 2nd hand. No one knew what they were doing 5 years ago when I first started building my TJ. So... yeah it sounds like a lot of bs, but there's 5 years of trial and error. You guys learned what to do and what not to do, cuz guys like me wasted so much damn money!

:-)

Seth (looking forward to that trail ride, in earnest)
Old 03-03-2003, 08:03 PM
AA reject

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Hinkley
Jeff,

mark
orgs mfg

Old 03-03-2003, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Hinkley
Jeff,

mark
orgs mfg

On the stepladder of jeepdom, one must start on the bottom rung and work one's way up to the top.

Jeff is just following this brilliant principle a little too closely. It's a good thing he's only a half a rung from the top now.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:25 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Mark Hinkley
Little Grasshopper, needs to sit down on the stepladder and work on some seat time to ever learn his way to jeepdom.

mark
orgs mfg
Old 03-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Who changed my user title?

Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett
Quote:
Chris - I'm just curious - do you do anything on the Internet aside from sling your poo at Blaine? Just an observation - certainly Blaine can defend himself, I'm just asking the question.
Jeff
That wasn't a sling at Blaine, rather taking advantage of a Clinton moment. See it like you like, no matter either way.
Oh, are you talking about being a Clinton fan? Yeah, I guess that would be consider a poo sling on its own.

LMAO! just reread your post. That's funny as hell, that someone would consider my inquiry of being a Clinton fan a "poo sling". That's gotta burn Clinton fans to the core. Or I'm reading it wrong. Either way, funny as hell!! Thanks for the laugh Diddle!