Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-31-2003, 12:58 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Talking Hey all, back from Cali.... but I added a bit of a side trip ~ Phoenix peoples read!

Hello all!!!!

I just wanted to say thank you to Blaine and Kat for a great time out in the desert. I had a blast at JV and really enjoied your spotting (once I calmed the nerves a bit...) and wheeling Sergey's Jeep in the top of Sledge.

Sergey,

Thanks for a great time, I did have a lot of fun at JV wheeling. Thanks so much for letting me drive your Jeep and you playing on the sand dunes was a hoot. Donuts are fun. The rest of the time was fun too!!!!

Robert,

Nice to see you again even if it was for only a few minutes.

As for the JV trip as a whole... the first day was nice but we blew out 2 tires before hitting the trail. LOL Thanks to Robert we got back on our feet the next day and checked out Clawhammer and then the following day we ran Sledgehammer. The wind and rain on Christmas sucked. We had just enough time to cook dinner after the rain and wind stopped to when it kicked back up again.

Needless to say, Kat and Blaine lost the easy-up, Sergey's tent broke, I lost a mechanic glove (wind stole it, I found it's partner but not the other one) and JV claimed 3 tires.

It was a fun and dusty time!!!! LOL

Anyway, I decided to extend my vacation and am now spending time in the Phoenix area through Monday. Stu and the others, anyone up for a meet and greet????

I'll have some pictures avaiable and ready to go next week. I did get some pics but was told that I definately wouldn't win the trail picture taker spot.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 12-31-2003, 01:37 PM

Cool

I'm leading a New Years Day run for some of the local Jeepers (in Phoenix).. We're running Upper Woodpecker, maybe some of Lower Woodpecker and probably Ajax. All these trails are in the Florence area about 1/2 between Phoenix and Tucson.
If you have your Jeep and are interested in wheeling a little more tomorrow, let me know and we'll setup a time to meet you in Florence.
We're leaving north Tucson tomorrow morning at 8:30 am, and should be up in Phoenix between 9:30 and 10:00 am.

Fred
Suspension - 4.5" Currie Suspension Lift + 2" PA body lift, RS9000 Shocks, Currie front adjustable track bar. Currie Tie Rod and Drag Link, Currie Anti-Rock Sway Bar, Currie control arms. RE adjustable rear track bar.
Axles & Lockers - Dana30/Dana44; LockRite/Full Detroit; 4.56.
Drivetrain - AA SYE and CV Driveshaft, Tera 2wd lo.
Armor - Full
Wheels - 35x12.50 R15 MT/R's sipped on 15x7 Champion Beadlocks.
Recovery - Warn XD9000i
Old 12-31-2003, 02:11 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Fred,

Thanks for the info but I'm Jeepless. Yesterday I just decided to change my plans to come this way for a few.

I'd perfer a meet n greet type of function then a wheeling trip. I'm a little beat from the week. LOL
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 12-31-2003, 02:21 PM
Reggae

Thumbs up It's December 31st, 2003. I am back from my vacation.

I didn't go far, but it was remarkable non the less, and the company was awesome. Here is a short description:

Jamie (Wind_Danzer), arrived on 23rd, and we spend the night at a very sweet hotel in WeHo: Le Park Suites. In the morning we checked out a rugs store, local Home Depot, and drove around on the Beachwood Drive, taking pictures of the Hollywood sign.

Then we headed out to Johnson Valley, where Blaine and Kat had already setup the camp. We decorated the Christmass tree, and there was a huge pile of presents under it

Next morning, Christmas Day, after opening the presents, we headed out to run the Sunbonnet. The funny thing has happened: I L-shape slashed one of the tire's sidewall even before getting to any trails, and then in the middle of Hells Gate (the optional entrance section before the Sunbonnet) I put a long straight gash into another tire. To get my jeep off the trail Blaine sewed the damaged tire with a lace. It worked: we turned around and got back to camp. It started to rain, and kept on raining for quiet a while...

We barely started wheeling, and my jeep was already short on tires, with the tire stores closed for Christmass. I called Robert for help, and he said, "Sure, no problem". We have some of the best friends. Next morning, Robert and his daughter Kendra brought tires off Robert's jeep. My jeep was ready to wheel again, and we hit the Clawhammer that very day. Thank you very much Robert. You rock!

On the last wheeling day we run the Sledgehammer. The morning after, we watched Garry run the Back door, and then headed out to Dana Point. The Mission San Juan Capistrano was one of the destinations we checked out. It's a very nice place, and surprisingly big.

Then, we headed to Long Beach, stopping at Crystal Cove for the scenery, and in Huntington Beach to barbecue some chicken breasts by the ocean.

The next night we spent aboard the RMS Queen Mary. That place is amazing. I recommend it highly.

In the morning we checked out a Russian Project 641 'Foxtrot' class Submarine, that was on exhibit. I made sure to turn every dial I could put my hands on, before noticing the sign, "The submarine is still operational, please do not touch any controls". Fortunately we didn't sink, and did not launch any torpedoes.

Then we went to the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific, to check out fishes and all other kinds of sea creatures. They also have a large enclosed area with lorikeets, where you can go in, and feed them, and play with the birds. After the Aquarium we spent some time in the movie theater, watching "Lord of the Rings".

Jamie, thank you very much for spending the week over here. I had great time!
Old 12-31-2003, 02:28 PM
Arizona Chick

Sergey,

Thanks for the rundown, I totally forgot about the sub for some reason and the sign. you're lucky you didn't sink us.

No problem on spendin the time, cilling out with a great person like you is worth all the time in the world.

BTW, I'll be sure to post the pic of you feeding the Lorikeets, too bad I missed the one with it on your shoulder.

EDIT: Don't forget to call Bestop to have them correct their error.

Old 12-31-2003, 02:44 PM

I sent Stu an e-mail to head him toward this post.
Count me in if you set something up.
What part of town are you staying in.
Jim F.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:53 PM
Arizona Chick

Hackle, I'm on N. 19th Ave and I think Cactus. My friend is taking a nap now so I'm not sure of the cross street.

I'm pretty avaiable all the rest of this week. We don't have many plans set up as this was a short notice stop and she's short on cash. I predict lots of window shopping and maybe a nice little drive to Sedona (as I still haven't been there before) but nothing much after that.

Old 12-31-2003, 02:58 PM
Reggae

Do you realize that you just posted for all the Internet to see that there are two young ladies, who are looking for something to do on the New Year' Eve? And you pretty much nailed the location.

Not that there is anything wrong with it.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:07 PM
Arizona Chick

Well you're not here so I have to find something to do with someone.

LOL, you have a fun night hon. No more overdoing the alcohol.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Old 12-31-2003, 03:24 PM
Reggae

Ouch
Old 12-31-2003, 03:34 PM
Arizona Chick

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
Ouch
Oh come on now, notice the smilies. LOL

Old 12-31-2003, 03:58 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Hi Jamie,

Maybe there is a Applebee's or similar near where you are staying. They have reasonable food and one can get something to drink too......or.....a pizza place and some beer works pretty darn well too!

I've got trail runs the next two days assuming nothing breaks on either day.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:59 PM

We'll see if you're still smiling _after_ you get through the T4 checkpoint..........

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:38 PM
Arizona Chick

Quote:
Originally posted by Stu Olson
Hi Jamie,

Maybe there is a Applebee's or similar near where you are staying. They have reasonable food and one can get something to drink too......or.....a pizza place and some beer works pretty darn well too!

I've got trail runs the next two days assuming nothing breaks on either day.
Stu,

The friends say there is a Ruby Tuesday's, TGIFriday's, Applebees that are pretty local to this area. I'm sure I could probably travel to a closer area to you too.

Have fun on your wheeling trips and take plenty of pics!!! After you get back, let me know if you want to meet up.

Jeff,

As long as I can make my flight (3hr 10min layover) I don't care about the T4 terminal. I made it through the check in security process today in about an hour. I was searched because I set the alarm off, damn underwire bra.

Old 12-31-2003, 05:21 PM
Banned for being bad

Well Jamie im glad I got to meet you TObject you bring her to Long Beach and no one can pick up a freaking phone!!! Im maybe 10 min from the Queen Mary. Oh well speaks volumes doesn't it!!
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 05:33 PM
Arizona Chick

Don I had no idea.... I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet. We didn't see many people this week actually besides Kat and Blaine and we did have a few options open to us but passed on.

This gives me another reason to hit the SoCal area again sometime in the future.

Old 12-31-2003, 07:33 PM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Palese
Well Jamie im glad I got to meet you TObject you bring her to Long Beach and no one can pick up a freaking phone!!! Im maybe 10 min from the Queen Mary. Oh well speaks volumes doesn't it!!
don't worry Don, I'm less than 5 minutes away from the Hollywood sign, my phone stayed silent as well.

J/K Jamie, glad you had fun out here. see ya next time.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:42 PM

Glad to hear you guys had some fun! It's people like Robert, Sergey, Blaine & Kat, that make our sport so much fun. Along with numerous others from this board and other boards.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Not to point fingers Don, but she did post in the travel section and you could have gotten off of your dead ass and come to JV for dinner. No phone needed for that.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:08 PM
Banned for being bad

Not to point fingers myself but we had an arrangement.
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 01-01-2004, 12:57 AM
Arizona Chick

Quote:
Not to point fingers myself but we had an arrangement.
I seem to remember (as I don't have the PM anymore) that I said we'd try to meet up though nothing was official.

I'm sorry if I've ****ed you off with this, I had no intention of stiffing anyone.

Old 01-01-2004, 02:55 AM
The king of shotgun debate

Hi Jamie,

It sure sounds like you had a great time.

Knowing how Blaine and Kathryn and Sergey welcomed and treated me on a trip out there last year it certainly doesn't surprise me at all. (Sergey, you never took me to sleep on the "queen". I feel slighted now!)

Wish I could have joined you. (Well all accept for the camping part in the high wind and torrential rains in the middle of the high desert! ) (What can I say, I'm a whimp!)

Jamie, I believe in a few weeks I need to make a trip up to NYC. If so I'd like to see if we can get out calendars coordinated for a meet and greet down your way. I'll be in touch.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation, and Happy New Year.

Frank

PS: Tell me something? Aren't you glad I told you about this BBS? I am!
Old 01-01-2004, 08:36 AM
Arizona Chick

Quote:
Originally posted by Daless2
Hi Jamie,

It sure sounds like you had a great time.

Knowing how Blaine and Kathryn and Sergey welcomed and treated me on a trip out there last year it certainly doesn't surprise me at all. (Sergey, you never took me to sleep on the "queen". I feel slighted now!)

Wish I could have joined you. (Well all accept for the camping part in the high wind and torrential rains in the middle of the high desert! ) (What can I say, I'm a whimp!)

Jamie, I believe in a few weeks I need to make a trip up to NYC. If so I'd like to see if we can get out calendars coordinated for a meet and greet down your way. I'll be in touch.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation, and Happy New Year.

Frank

PS: Tell me something? Aren't you glad I told you about this BBS? I am!
Frank,

I'm VERY glad you told me about this board. If it wasn't for you I would have probably never even started talking to Sergey and I might never have met Kat and Blaine in person. Due to this board I've made some good friends and even something a little more.

Let me know when you will be the NYC way and we'll try to work something out. I do have to head to Parris Island, SC on the 15th - 17th (or 18th) for my little cousins graduation. I'd perfer to drive sraight through and straight back but I think the parents wouldn't want that. Hopefully you'll be around before or after that.

Thanks a lot for the well wishes and Happy New Year to you too!!!

Old 01-01-2004, 10:08 AM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Originally posted by Wind_Danzer
I seem to remember (as I don't have the PM anymore) that I said we'd try to meet up though nothing was official.

I'm sorry if I've ****ed you off with this, I had no intention of stiffing anyone.
No problem, maybe next time

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 01-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Arizona Chick

Quote:
No problem, maybe next time
I promise the next time I'm out I'll make sure to stop by and even treat you to dinner (or whatever meal might be around the time we meet).

Old 01-02-2004, 09:02 PM

hi sergey & jamie,
I was glad to help - could'nt get you that close to jv and not get you on a trail eh, jamie

happy new year everyone.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:15 AM
Arizona Chick

Thanks for all the help Robert, it is very much appreciated. All of you are the greatest group of friends I have seen.