Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 02-20-2003, 03:19 PM

Question RE Extreme Duty Track Bar question

Could/would, any of you that are running the RE Extreme Track Bar, Front (TJ's), measure (roughly) how much further forward of the exiting frame end mount, the new bracket moves the frame end mount..
It appears that the bracket, that actually bolts to the existing frame end mount, also bolts to the frame in a couple of spots (have to drill the frame for it), and, I think, the RE Trackbar end, actually ends up mounting to the new bracket, in a position forward of the existing bracket.
The trackbar that I have now (cartridge joint at the frame end mount), actually taps the top of the front diff guard mounting at full stuff, making it almost impossible to move the axle any further forward. If the RE trackbar, ends up mounting forward of the existing frame mount, well then that would allow the front axle to move a little further forward.

Thanks,
Fred
Old 02-22-2003, 12:29 PM

2" forward of the stock mount but there isn't a bend for diff clearance. It is designed for tall springs and bump stops so that the bar doesn't make contact with the diff cover.

I run a relatively short custom springs (around 4.5") I have kicked the front axle a little too far forward and the track bar does make contact with the diff cover at full compression. I am going to move it back a little.