Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 11-25-2008, 10:51 AM

Just call me Alice

Yup..that's me....I play hockey 3 times a week...pretty high tempo for pickup hockey...last Wednesday I took a stick btw the eyes...got clubbed pretty good...stung like crazy but didn't bleed...I stayed out on the ice to finish the shift...when I came to the bench I could already see the swelling out of my peripheal vision...within a moment of two I had a goose egg that was about the size of a 3/4 racketball...the lump was huge and was right btw the eyes....I looked like an alien from Star Trek....by Friday I had the start of 2 good shiners....I played again on Friday...probably shouldn't of...sufferring post concussion syndrome since...spent the weekend in bed with headaches etc...the bruising got worse...both eyes completly black with a black line across the bridge of the nose....the bruising is draining from the high part of my cheekbone down to my jawbone...like a dark trail of black tears and that is when Miss Sue called me Alice Cooper...

did I ever tell you that I still love hockey...I'm off tommorrow due to family committments but will suit up again on Friday....I love hockey....

08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ

Old 11-25-2008, 11:13 AM

Wow that sounds bad and PAINFUL Ian but I gotta say this thread is useless without pictures of the damage.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Wow, that brings back memories, I used to play hockey in my college days. I love the sport, nothing like it, I felt so good after each game and I couldn't wait for the next one. A couple blown out knees later, I had to stop.

It has been about 15 years since I last skated and I don't think my body can take it anymore, so no hockey for me as I am way out of shape and I don't feel like getting my arse kicked. But, I still have my skates and I hope to lace up when I get to MN.

Like Jerry said, this is completely useless information without pics. Pics or ban. BTW, I hope you didn't let the other guy off the hook.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:37 PM

Smile There are "hockey moms" and "hockey nuts"

Cutch,

You are not alone. My youngest son, 34, plays club hockey in Raleigh, NC twice a week and pick-up hockey once a week. In September, he was up against the boards when someone fell on his leg which broke his ankle. He had it taped up and finished the game, after which he went to the emergency room and they put a hard cast on his leg to the knee. Three weeks later, they took off the hard cast and gave him a soft cast - he was to use the soft cast for a month. Three days after the hard cast was off he was back playing hockey. His wife was really ****ed. As he told her, "they didn't say I couldn't play hockey, just that I had to wear the soft cast for a month." I attribute his thought process to the fact that he has had one tour in Afghanistan and one tour in Iraq with the Army Reserves. Comparatively speaking, hockey must seem like a rational activity.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Wow that sounds bad and PAINFUL Ian but I gotta say this thread is useless without pictures of the damage.

As lame as this sounds... but because of a previous modeling job/career I had I am unable to post pics until the contract is up...which will be Jan 01/09...sorry guys...

08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ

Old 11-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Park and rec hockey and no cage? Crazy. Fourteen stitches to the chin got me to wear one, though it didn't help with the dislocated shoulder or the "pucks with eyes" that find the voids in the gear.

Don't have a pic of the chin, but this is what it looks like a few days after taking a slap shot to the ankle ... a cankle with internal bleeding that likes to pool at the bottom of the foot. I'm sure there is an akle bone in there somewhere.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to ABQ TJ
Did someone say HOCKEY?!?!

Old 11-30-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
As lame as this sounds... but because of a previous modeling job/career I had I am unable to post pics until the contract is up...which will be Jan 01/09...sorry guys...
Well, all I have to say is you better have taken some great pics of the damage that we'll be seeing here 01/10/09.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:36 PM

My understanding is that this site is PG....which may not allow my modelling portfolio...the hockey pictures are free domain

08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ

Old 12-01-2008, 03:00 PM

We don't want to see your kinky modeling pics Cutch, we just wanted to see the hockey-related pics of the black eyes and the other cool hockey related facial damage you told us about.