Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 11-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Reggae

Jeep Spots Truck?

http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/17/pf/a...jeep/index.htm

What do you think?
Old 11-17-2004, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Re: Jeep Spots Truck?

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/17/pf/a...jeep/index.htm

What do you think?
Not enough substance in the fluffy concept drawings to arrive at a conclusion as to it's final, if ever, production version.

It will never arrive with chevron tread tires. It will most likely not have an integrated winch.

A power canvas top reeks of high maintenance.

And, there's no mention of powerplant, drivetrain or tire size. Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
Old 11-18-2004, 06:43 AM

DaimlerChrysler likes to share drivetrain parts, and I can think of only one DCX 4x4 in the 1/4 ton flavor that has a passenger side drop housing in the front.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:51 AM

Looks like an H2 SUT-ized version of the Wrangler unlimited.

That's my guess of how it'd go.

Depending on the seating arrangement for the rear passangers(looked cramped from that one concept drawing), it might be an attractive package for some people, although in reality it probably won't differ much in utility than a wrangler unlimited

(aside from not having to work around the rear roll cage getting things in and out, I suppose).

I certainly like how it looked.

If it is considered a p-up, does that mean it could concievably be sold in CA with the jeep deisel engine?
Old 11-18-2004, 12:09 PM

Just a note on Blaines' integrated winch statement - DC collaborated with Warn to offer an integrated 12000lb winch on the new Dodge Power Wagon truck that is due out soon. Now that the relationship is established for a production vehicle, I would assume it would not be a difficult task to extend it to other products.