Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 10-23-2003, 08:29 AM

XJ Front bumper width for winch

I had my XJ front bumper all drawn up and then the winch came in. I went with the Ramsey RE 10,000 worm gear and, damn, it's big. Bigger than the Warn dimmensions I designed the bumper for. Oh well, that's the beauty of CAD. What I'm wondering is how far do winch bumpers extend out from the front cause I'm looking at an 11" bumper if I want to completely protect the winch. Aesthetically, this seems like it will look pretty odd but I don't know if this is normal.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:19 PM

I had both the Hansen bumper and the ORGS MFG. bumper on my XJ. If I remember correctly the Hansen stuck out close to 10" while the ORGS MFG (my fav XJ bumper) was somewhere in the 8-9" range. This is all from memory as my XJ is gone.

Mark Hinkley from ORGS MFG posts on this board - perhaps he can give you an accurate measure of his bumper.

I will say that in big rocks big bumpers suck - that is why I ditched the Hansen.

Jeff