Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed Enter at your own risk. This is the land of political discussions, jokes, and nonsense posts.

Old 11-16-2004, 08:15 PM
Reggae

Talking Sometimes I have rebates that never come...

...but this time is different. Just received, what I believe is a duplicate rebate for $150. You know what a pain it is to get information on your rebates when you want to get your money. Sent a message to whomever the rebate is from, about what appears to be a mistake. Let's see how it works this way around.

I know, I know, should have just kept the mouth shut and cached the check. But, I am a moral man living in the world of moral relativity.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Reggae

Well, another proof that rebates are here only to screw people over. Guess what they did. Instead of canceling the duplicate check they cancelled the check that I already deposited, and told me not to deposit it. Unbelievable!

There sure rushed to cancel something as soon as I told them that it looks like I got a duplicate check.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:26 AM

Send a message via ICQ to John Send a message via AIM to John Send a message via Yahoo to John
No good deed shall go unpunished
Old 11-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Reggae

After a series of messages back and forth I was told to deposit all the checks that I had and quit asking stupid questions.

I am unfit for this world.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to blupupher Send a message via Yahoo to blupupher
Man,try to do the right thing and get screwed. So you did get your $150?
Old 11-19-2004, 11:19 AM
Reggae

With the Check21 act already in effect, I really like to see how they are going to execute a stop payment on something that cleared two days prior.

I am monitoring the situation, the $150 are still in my bank account from what I see.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Im a firm believer in that everything you say and do lead to some sort of a positive outcome. I dont have room in my life for negative people or thoughts.

Send a message via AIM to JeepGal
OK

Here's the lowdown on the check clearing process. Having worked in banks for over 20 years, Im pretty familiar with it.

Upon the check being deposited to your bank, it goes to the other banks clearing house and is withdrawn from their account. This is a pretty quick process, a matter of a few days now (even if its across the country) If they placed the stop payment before it cleared their account, it will be charged back to your bank. If they placed the stop payment after it cleared their account, your homefree, there's nothing they can do about it. They cant request their bank to debit your banks account.

The Check 21 Act shouldnt affect this at all. It pertains to check storage and electronic checks.

When you say that the check cleared the account two days ago, do you mean yours or theirs?

Good Luck!

Tam
Old 11-19-2004, 11:45 AM
Reggae

Thank you for clarifications. It is good to know how check clearing works.

I've been getting all kinds of warnings from my bank about Check21, that I should make sure I always have enough funds to cover any checks I write right away because now checks clear much faster than before, since there is no requirement to physically transport a check to the bank anymore.

The deposit posted to my account on 11/15/04. On 11/17/04 the rebate people notified me, they would be canceling the check.