Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed Enter at your own risk. This is the land of political discussions, jokes, and nonsense posts.

Old 02-22-2005, 09:36 PM

Question How will this effect you??????

Proposed budget cuts
totally worn out, shouting,
"...HOLY $HIT...what a ride!"
Old 02-23-2005, 04:08 PM

He probably doesn't mind killing off a program to imprison illegal immigrants who have committed crimes - hes about to give them all an amnesty as it is.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
He probably doesn't mind killing off a program to imprison illegal immigrants who have committed crimes - hes about to give them all an amnesty as it is.
Unfortunately Robert; I was thinking the same. The last thing I hoped to see cut was more education. Not everyone is born into wealth and career. Next time you long for a sweet tomato or a thick steak; consider what motivation farmers have at this time. I'm not sure how I feel about cuts to the Forestry and BLM departments. I would think with less funding; these departments would be less likely to work with recreationist.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:05 PM

Actually, the thing that is kiiing our federal land management agencies are lawsuits perpetuated by radical environmental alarmist groups seeking to block use. The amount of program budget that goes into defending an agency against this type of litgation is horrendus. I also suspect that these groups get attorneys' fees when an agency capitulates which contributes to their ability to keep on filing suit after suit.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Actually, the thing that is kiiing our federal land management agencies are lawsuits perpetuated by radical environmental alarmist groups seeking to block use. The amount of program budget that goes into defending an agency against this type of litgation is horrendus. I also suspect that these groups get attorneys' fees when an agency capitulates which contributes to their ability to keep on filing suit after suit.
Speaking of lawsuits....The BLM is now trying to put safety regulations on 4x4's depending on trail difficulty here. A guy supposedly fell on one of our trails and broke his leg. He then succesfully sued the BLM because the land was under their juristiction. Now the BLM is paranoid and less likely to support our efforts.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:26 PM

Lawyers suck
Old 02-23-2005, 07:07 PM

Hey - weren't we going to open a political section here? If I'm not allowed to quote movies all day then I don't want to read all this political BS either!

Quote of the day - it's an easy one

"Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere! "

No fair googleing. Winner gets Sergey's Jeep.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:15 PM

Too easy.

And i really like that movie too.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
Hey - weren't we going to open a political section here? If I'm not allowed to quote movies all day then I don't want to read all this political BS either!

Are you in denial?
Old 02-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Reggae

How does this affect me? I'll have to pay fewer taxes and have more income that I could spend. And you know where the money that I spend go? That's right ? they boost economy. We all win.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
How does this affect me? I'll have to pay fewer taxes and have more income that I could spend. And you know where the money that I spend go? That's right ? they boost economy. We all win.
The farmers win also? How about students? Am I missing something? How about cutting back Bush's budget? How is outsourcing of millions of jobs helping our economy?
Old 02-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Reggae

Education in US is a money hungry black hole, no matter how much money you throw in it will still ask for more.

Farmers need to learn how to run profitable businesses instead of chasing subsidies day in and day out.

Students? Students are fine, they are young, and they can rough it. I've been a student ? best time of my life.

This is about cutting back the budget.

Outsourcing is a program. We are talking about cutting money hogging programs. If outsourcing gets cut I won't complain ether.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:53 AM

I don't see anywhere that corporate welfare is being cut

Thats why I hate both political parties - hypocrites, all of them because it always comes down to who is paying them off.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Education in US is a money hungry black hole, no matter how much money you throw in it will still ask for more.

Farmers need to learn how to run profitable businesses instead of chasing subsidies day in and day out.

Students? Students are fine, they are young, and they can rough it. I've been a student ? best time of my life.

This is about cutting back the budget.

Outsourcing is a program. We are talking about cutting money hogging programs. If outsourcing gets cut I won't complain ether.
Sergey;
Did you grow up on a farm in the US? I did. I can tell you that the farmers only do what they have to do to survive. The government has screwed them for years. Buyers have cheated farmers on the price of meat and milk many times over. It used to be that a herd of 100 cows was a big farm and it paid the bills. Now you need a thoudand or more head to make the cut and the farmers have been forced into industry. The government came around offering to buy up farms and to pay them off as we supposedly had a surplus of produce and milk in the states. Meanwhile; this "surplus" was sent to Russia for years and cost the farmers their farms and livelihood. The government allowed the importing of outside goods which also hurt our farmers. Don't even get me started on the conservation dept.! They came in and told us how to use our land and what crops to grow whether profitable or not. Whom to you blame for farmers having to chase subsidies?

NY used to be a huge dairy state along with a wealth of crop farmers. Now the farms are run down or gone. It used to be that milk paid the bills for dairymen. Do you know what the largest crop in NY is now? Pumpkins!!! ....and heaven forbid if these poor people have a bad frost.

Ask yourself why beef is pumped full of steroids now and why a gallon of milk is priced rediculously high yet the farmers get less and less for it. What do you do in a rural setting for work when your family has farmed for years? You either seek help or you go hungry.

As you can tell; farming is a very sensitive subject to me. Until you've lived the life; don't believe everything you read or hear.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Reggae

Quote:
I don't see anywhere that corporate welfare is being cut
Corporations employ people, pay their salaries and make products. Why do you want to cut that?
Old 02-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Reggae

Quote:
Originally posted by DsrtJeeper
Meanwhile; this "surplus" was sent to Russia for years and cost the farmers their farms and livelihood.
That cheap produce imported from the US hurts Russian farmers. And in reality, it not cheap at all, it is paid for dearly with tax dollars.

I am glad milk industry is winding down. In my personal opinion milk in quantities it is usually consumed is bad for human health.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Corporations employ people, pay their salaries and make products. Why do you want to cut that?
Last time I checked with our pols, we are supposed to be a free trade, free market, psuedo capitalistic economy. Why should any corporation whether profitable or unprofitable enjoy free tax dollars in order to pursue their goals? Let them stand or fall in the market place on their own without any government subsidies. Afterall, thats what the pols are saying to the individuals of this country - witness the social security debate.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Reggae

What subsidies? Corporations are taxed through the roof.

Unprofitable corporations are not allowed to stay unprofitable for long (with exception of non-profits), ether you start making money or you get hit with big tax fines.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:52 PM

Do your homework Sergey - check out marketing subsidies provided to McDonalds and General Mills if you don't believe me.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Reggae

Like foreign market access program and stuff? Cut them off. I am not in favor of those subsidies. Agricultural subsidies I am not in favor of ether.

If you and I start a corporation, what kind of subsidies can we get? Zilch. Nada.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:23 PM

Quote:
If you and I start a corporation, what kind of subsidies can we get? Zilch. Nada.
Thats because you and I can't afford a dem or republican politician
Old 02-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Reggae

Let's call our Washington DC friend Seth. We should be able to pursue him lobbing for us.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Let's call our Washington DC friend Seth. We should be able to pursue him lobbing for us.
I thought he was playing hillbilly white guy in Virginia or Arkansaw or some other hick state?
Old 02-24-2005, 07:18 PM

Big Brother is watching you.....