Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 12-20-2006, 02:46 PM
I showed Matt my twinkie and he like it.

forward: stolen jeep

posting this on a more local site for a fellow jeeper.

So I got up yesterday morning and went out to the garage to warm up the Jeep, and found the garage empty... The door was open and the Jeep is gone.

We have no enemies or people angry with us, it is a nice nieghborhood...
I am at a complete loss of words.

It appears thet the thief came in through the unlocked side door, opened the garage door, and most likely pushed the jeep out so as not to make noise.
My wife is destroyed because she accidentally left the keys in it, but come on... it was INSIDE the garage!!!

Not a great time of the year to loose something so valuble to us, While we would love to see it recovered, just having our personal belongings back would be nice. In the center console was our marrage license, pictures from our wedding, a high lift jack that belonged to an uncle who past away, and some very unreplacable memories...

Here are some pictures of it, police said the most likely possibilty for recovery was to catch someone trying to make a buck selling some parts, It has a tan hardtop with tinted windows and full doors.. and is pretty hard to miss as a whole... We are in northern CA but whos knows where it is by now...

If you are browsing today and happen across anything that looks like mine send me an e-mail, Thanks so much and wish us luck.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 12-20-2006, 03:16 PM

....shouldn't have left the keys in it. Sounds like an inside job or at the least, their habits were cased by a thief local to their neighborhood. Sux........
Old 12-21-2006, 11:17 AM

Post I'll keep an eye out for it.

Losing a Jeep is like losing a member of your family. They are well loved and cared for. You do your best to protect them, but sometimes **** still happens anyway. I have scared more than one Green Jeep owner in the last couple of days driving right next to them and waving with a big smile. I figure that a person driving a stolen Jeep might be a bit paranoid about the Jeep wave. I hope they find it.

Take care,
Kat
Old 12-21-2006, 05:05 PM

Ouch, that hurts. Being taken from inside the garage just adds insult to injury.

Guess I'll stop leaving the keys in my truck and Jeep while they're in the garage....

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 12-23-2006, 10:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to chef
Sucks big hairy ones, I'll keep an eye out...I had sensors installed on both garage doors when we had the alarm installed.