Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 10-05-2005, 09:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to LeadFoot
Question about MORE's traction bar and extended WB

I know most of you guys run TJ's but also know that you can probably help me out with a question I have.

I have pushed my rear axle back 9" on my YJ on a spring over conversion. I just bought new mounts and relocated them, stock length springs. I have a run coming up at the end of the month and a traction bar is a must before I head out. I know the MORE traction bar is set up for a stock set up (but soa of course) but wondering if it will work equally as well with my extended wheelbase.

Would a longer ladder bar provide any extra benifit? I am in one of the rare situations of having more $ than time and if I could just buy something that I can weld up real quick and go that would be great. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but wondering if I would gain anything with a longer ladder bar? After all, I have an extra 9" of room. I do like the MORE traction bar as it is reasonably priced and would be a quick way to allow me to get on the go pedal alittle more. Anything over idle going up steep hills, and you can notice the axle wrapping already. Thanks all!
Old 10-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Re: Question about MORE's traction bar and extended WB

Quote:
Originally posted by LeadFoot
I know most of you guys run TJ's but also know that you can probably help me out with a question I have.

I have pushed my rear axle back 9" on my YJ on a spring over conversion. I just bought new mounts and relocated them, stock length springs. I have a run coming up at the end of the month and a traction bar is a must before I head out. I know the MORE traction bar is set up for a stock set up (but soa of course) but wondering if it will work equally as well with my extended wheelbase.

Would a longer ladder bar provide any extra benifit? I am in one of the rare situations of having more $ than time and if I could just buy something that I can weld up real quick and go that would be great. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but wondering if I would gain anything with a longer ladder bar? After all, I have an extra 9" of room. I do like the MORE traction bar as it is reasonably priced and would be a quick way to allow me to get on the go pedal alittle more. Anything over idle going up steep hills, and you can notice the axle wrapping already. Thanks all!
Be careful extending it. The extra length will add tremendous leverage to where and however it mounts to the axle housing.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to jeepik
blue torch fab has your answer

they have a traction bar to work with their wheelbase stretch conversion

its also beefier then the MORE one, although i am happy with mine
http://www.bluetorchfab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=991