Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Fabrication and Metalworking

Fabrication and Metalworking Get welding advice, discuss different alloys, share pictures of your first fabrication attempts, as well as welds you are especially proud of

Old 02-14-2009, 03:05 PM

Compressor Is Mounted

Got my air compressor mounted. 13 HP Kohler, electric start, 30 gallons at 175 PSI, 25 CFM 100% continuous duty.

Got a great deal on it at Tractor Supply of all places.

Next up are cable reels which should be here next week, and Monday I'm gonna head down to the LWS and order my wire feeder, freek box, aluminum spool gun and some miscellaneous cables.
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 02-14-2009, 05:47 PM

Looks like the ultimate portable shop - could come in handy in the trail.

Is that your alarm in the lower left corner of the first pic?

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 02-15-2009, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB98TJ View Post
Looks like the ultimate portable shop - could come in handy in the trail.

Is that your alarm in the lower left corner of the first pic?
That's what I'm after, essentially a fully capable weld shop on wheels. It is quite heavy though. I'd hate to drag it even over the mildest of trails. I purposely built in plenty of ground clearance to deal with unimproved job sites, farm fields, etc. Most store bought trailers were simply too low to the ground for my liking.....not to mention the ****ty construction and finish.

Yes, that is my alarm. She's only 5 months old. When she gets older I hope she progresses from alarm system to full fledged security system.
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 02-15-2009, 08:58 AM

Looks good....very good...amazing that you were able to do it without any input from me.

08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ

Old 02-15-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
Looks good....very good...amazing that you were able to do it without any input from me.
Yeah, you know how that goes. Wanting to do it right the first time and all.....That's why I didn't get your input.

Actually I'm pretty happy and impressed at the same time. It turned out better than I imagined. If I don't screw it up here in the next few weeks I should be home free.

Blaine gave me a few pointers and turned me on to those Knaack storage boxes. I am REALLY glad I listened to him. I know Knaack makes great stuff, I see a lot of it at work, but these are "low end" spotwelded boxes, if there is such a thing as "low end" within the Knaack brand. They are 10x the quality of fully welded JOBOXes. Those things are garbage......

Here's the reels I'm gonna add behind the compressor, next to the welder.

What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?