Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Fabrication and Metalworking
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fabrication and Metalworking Get welding advice, discuss different alloys, share pictures of your first fabrication attempts, as well as welds you are especially proud of

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2006, 11:27 PM

Question Turn my welder's main gas valve off?

When I'm done welding for a few hours or over night, I am not sure if I need to turn the main gas valve off or if the mig welder's valve inside the mig wand actuated by the trigger is leak proof enough. It's a Hobart 135 by the way.

Do you guys always shut the main gas valve off between jobs? Does it leak or not through the valve in the handle? If I'm done welding for a while I shut the main valve off but I'm just curious about those shorter intervals.