Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 03-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Banned

Ok Blaine,

I remember a deal we had that you backed out on till I called you out on it. Did we put you up for Banning?

Yes you did come good on the deal. But I caught crap on that one for calling you out on it.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by 02_WHITE_TJ_X
Ok Blaine,

I remember a deal we had that you backed out on till I called you out on it. Did we put you up for Banning?
Your memory is quite contrived isn't it?

Not getting something to you in a timely manner is a bunch different than backing out of it. Before you go down this road, you best make sure your i's are dotted and your t's crossed.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
Your memory is quite contrived isn't it?

Not getting something to you in a timely manner is a bunch different than backing out of it. Before you go down this road, you best make sure your i's are dotted and your t's crossed.
I remember your remark on this was "I thought you were selling all your Jeep stuff so you thought I did not need it anymore". That has nothing to do with a timely manner and you did not contact me about these thoughts. I don't want to get in a ****ing contest about this because it doesn't pay. But I think banning is a little off base.
You are my Sunshine, my only sunshine!

Quote:
Did we put you up for Banning?
You can't kick the owner out of his house. I'm sure he'd welcome people to leave if they have a problem though.

Re: Re: Ever had a seller back out on you?

Quote:
Tell you what, since Tracy has admitted fault, I will list a couple of options below and you are welcome to pick as you see fit.

(A) Do nothing

(B) ban him from the For Sale section

(C) ban him period, before Karma smites us all

I recommend option B as I am fairly certain he would wish the same on the deadbeat sellers on Ebay.
I really don't know the past history between this board and Tracey, nor do I really care to get involved. It was nice to see fault admitted and an apology and explanation on behalf of Tracey. Just thought I had found a deal on a winch which turned out to not go as planned, but I've moved on. Maybe I overreacted by posting, but I was ticked off at the moment. I'm sure I'll live. Anyways, its your board Blaine, so all decisions are in your hands, assuming that poll was a serious one. Didn't mean to stir the kettle even more ....

BTW, C sounds good. J/K...its really not that big of a deal.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Ever had a seller back out on you?

Quote:
From what I see above you better do something to the person your refering to. That deal sounds a lot worse then what is going on here.
This is so typical of you.

There is almost no need to ban you from the for sale forum as no one here is going to buy from you anymore.

Jeff
Old 03-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by BMRisko
I really don't know the past history between this board and Tracey, nor do I really care to get involved. It was nice to see fault admitted and an apology and explanation on behalf of Tracey. Just thought I had found a deal on a winch which turned out to not go as planned, but I've moved on. Maybe I overreacted by posting, but I was ticked off at the moment. I'm sure I'll live. Anyways, its your board Blaine, so all decisions are in your hands, assuming that poll was a serious one. Didn't mean to stir the kettle even more ....

BTW, C sounds good. J/K...its really not that big of a deal.
Actually it's not just my board. I share it with a few others. Your just kidding is in the same vein as mine with Tracy. I just found it fairly ironic that the same thing that drove him to leave the sport, he had no qualms about perpetrating on someone else.

But since he wants to push the issue, I'll help him out.

Tracy, since you think you called me out and held me to a deal, how about you treat BMRisko in exactly the same manner that I treated you? If it's good enough for me, it certainly has to be good enough for you.

Do you want to tell them about the remote, or should I? A deal is a deal, right?
Old 03-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever had a seller back out on you?

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
This is so typical of you.

There is almost no need to ban you from the for sale forum as no one here is going to buy from you anymore.

Jeff
Typical me,

I gave 2 of your freids good deals it seems that your memory is a little short.

Typical me, Up yours Jeff that is a real buttheaded thing to say.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually it's not just my board. I share it with a few others. Your just kidding is in the same vein as mine with Tracy. I just found it fairly ironic that the same thing that drove him to leave the sport, he had no qualms about perpetrating on someone else.

But since he wants to push the issue, I'll help him out.

Tracy, since you think you called me out and held me to a deal, how about you treat BMRisko in exactly the same manner that I treated you? If it's good enough for me, it certainly has to be good enough for you.

Do you want to tell them about the remote, or should I? A deal is a deal, right?
How about the 2 WJ knuckles I sent to you that cost me $40 to ship I notice you left out that part.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:55 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever had a seller back out on you?

Quote:
Typical me,

I gave 2 of your freids good deals it seems that your memory is a little short.

Typical me, Up yours Jeff that is a real buttheaded thing to say.
How is this pertanent to you screwing over someone?

How is this pertanent to you doing the same thing to someone that caused you to snivel for 3 ****ing pages a couple weeks ago.

I have no idea what deals you are talking about? All I know is I don't have a dog.

What would Jesus Do Tracy? Ask yourself that.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:57 PM
ghall

Quote:

I'll send him his money, he just had best be glad he don't provoke me again and it winds up as a cashiers checque for 550.00 made out to the Friends of Panamint Valley.
I hope this helps.

Mike Kunz
CFO Friends of Panamint Valley
5841 Round Mountain Rd.
Bakersfield, CA 93308
Old 03-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever had a seller back out on you?

Quote:
How about the 2 WJ knuckles I sent to you that cost me $40 to ship I notice you left out that part.
You did sell those to me shipping included right? If that wasn't the deal, let me know and I will be more than happy to get shipping fees out to you in an instant. I got no problems sending you shipping fees. Did you ever ask for it?

Again, I think you should treat BMRisko exactly the way I dealt with you. You still haven't told him what the remote cost you.

If you recall, you didn't "call me out" over the knuckles. That was a totally separate deal that I was more than willing to and did paypal you money for.

You "called me out" over a winch remote that I said I would let you dictate what you wanted to pay for and I would send it as soon as I found it. I also apologized profusely when it took longer to find than should be acceptable. Little did I know my wife was being the easter bunny with remotes.

All aspects of the deal were determined by you. I let you pick the price, the shipping costs, timeframe, and you even turned me down because you had them sold to someone else who backed out. I picked up their slack for you and was glad to do so.

Tell you what though, we can always undo the deal, you take the knuckles back and ship me my money and remote back. What say you?
Old 03-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever had a seller back out on you?

Quote:
You did sell those to me shipping included right? If that wasn't the deal, let me know and I will be more than happy to get shipping fees out to you in an instant. I got no problems sending you shipping fees. Did you ever ask for it?

Again, I think you should treat BMRisko exactly the way I dealt with you. You still haven't told him what the remote cost you.

If you recall, you didn't "call me out" over the knuckles. That was a totally separate deal that I was more than willing to and did paypal you money for.

You "called me out" over a winch remote that I said I would let you dictate what you wanted to pay for and I would send it as soon as I found it. I also apologized profusely when it took longer to find than should be acceptable. Little did I know my wife was being the easter bunny with remotes.

All aspects of the deal were determined by you. I let you pick the price, the shipping costs, timeframe, and you even turned me down because you had them sold to someone else who backed out. I picked up their slack for you and was glad to do so.

Tell you what though, we can always undo the deal, you take the knuckles back and ship me my money and remote back. What say you?
I gave you one knuckle for the remote and you bought the other one for $60 shipped to your door. It cost me $40 to ship them so I got $20 plus a remote for and you got 2 WJ knuckles that sounds like a pretty fair deal. I never said anything was wrong with the deal. I stated my deal with you was a good one just like the deal I had with Allen on a D44 housing. But Jeff said it was tipical me to back out on a deal if you read back you will see his comment about it's tipical Tracy I call BS on that all my deals here with people have been fair and that is my point.

PS BMRisko if you have been wronged in any way from me PM me your address and I will send you $75 to cover the difference in price between our deal and what you can but one for at 4wp.

OR

I will sell you the winch for the agreed upon price of $425. When you come and pick it up in 2 weeks.

Jeff thats what Jesus would do.

Thanks
Tracy
Old 03-05-2004, 04:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Wow, I don't think Brandon intended to open this can of "family feud" - just vent a little.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:42 PM

You know you guys who quote 02 white TJ suck, cause I have to see him. He's just about as bad as my sinus infection. Close.

All this over some red X puppies.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Who changed my user title?

Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett
Re: Re: Ever had a seller back out on you?

Quote:
Tell you what, since Tracy has admitted fault, I will list a couple of options below and you are welcome to pick as you see fit.

(A) Do nothing

(B) ban him from the For Sale section

(C) ban him period, before Karma smites us all

I recommend option B as I am fairly certain he would wish the same on the deadbeat sellers on Ebay.

My vote for option C.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by cbassett
My vote for option C.
You're not allowed to vote unless he backs out of selling you his winch.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:16 PM

Tracy - you misunderstood my slam.

It wasn't about you backing out of a deal, it was about you whinning that everyone else does it and you've been wronged.

That's all.

Glad you made it right.

Jeff
Old 03-05-2004, 10:15 PM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
Can someone be mad at me for something? I'm feeling kinda left out.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:49 PM

Hmm, $75 would buy alot of beer.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blkTJ
Can someone be mad at me for something? I'm feeling kinda left out.
tell you what brian, get yourself a little yapperdog and then hide in the weeds with the ankle biters club and eventually you'll get your wish
Old 03-06-2004, 08:26 AM

okay Brian. Now I am out of popcorn and you renewed this. I am mad at you. Fair enough?

I am glad I am not out swimming-all these undercurrents would be tough to overcome.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:23 PM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
thanks. i feel better already.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:14 PM
Not myopic, just need glasses

Not that anyone asked me, but I feel I should throw in my two cents worth. Just the other day I telephoned Discount Hitch to have a receiver put on my jeep. I was quoted $129 labor included. When I arrived, less than an hour later, the gentleman said it would be $149. I raised a fuss and as I was walking out the door the manager stopped me and made everything all right. It seems lately, that I have trouble a lot of places I go to get someone to take my money.

This forum is very useful to me in many ways. Starting with Jeep questions (that got me here in the first place) to insightful political opinions, even from the ?wrong? side of politics (JK).

Which brings me to my point:

I certainly don?t understand all the personal attacks on Tracey from those of you whom have had no dealing with him. Attacking him (not just Tracey) on other threads because he doesn?t agree with your political stance. Ramblings from those of you that don?t support your arguments other than personal attacks aren?t much more than a waste of time. It (IMO) diminishes the quality of this forum more so than someone, like ya?ll say Tracey is, ever could. Have any of your ever heard or the old clich? ?if you don?t have anything nice to say don?t say anything at all?.

In hopes of a more productive and happy forum
Old 03-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by shmekelhead
Not that anyone asked me, but I feel I should throw in my two cents worth. Just the other day I telephoned Discount Hitch to have a receiver put on my jeep. I was quoted $129 labor included. When I arrived, less than an hour later, the gentleman said it would be $149. I raised a fuss and as I was walking out the door the manager stopped me and made everything all right. It seems lately, that I have trouble a lot of places I go to get someone to take my money.

This forum is very useful to me in many ways. Starting with Jeep questions (that got me here in the first place) to insightful political opinions, even from the ?wrong? side of politics (JK).

Which brings me to my point:

I certainly don?t understand all the personal attacks on Tracey from those of you whom have had no dealing with him. Attacking him (not just Tracey) on other threads because he doesn?t agree with your political stance. Ramblings from those of you that don?t support your arguments other than personal attacks aren?t much more than a waste of time. It (IMO) diminishes the quality of this forum more so than someone, like ya?ll say Tracey is, ever could. Have any of your ever heard or the old clich? ?if you don?t have anything nice to say don?t say anything at all?.

In hopes of a more productive and happy forum
Part of the issue with forums is that you don't always know the history. Tracy has taken great delight in being cantankerous to the point of be downright rude, insulting, malicious and difficult just to be difficult. He has stalked some of our threads on other boards just to engage in rude behavior.

We attempt to tolerate as little of that as is possible and let most everyone have their say. Tracy found us over here knowing full well that he is on nearly continual probation and any reversion to tactics on other boards will instantly get him a pass over here.

We know him and he knows us and as long as he behaves in this little corner of the e-universe, all is well.

Part of what you have seen is some getting their licks in for his past indiscretions.

As far as personal attacks go, if you come on here, post you are leaving the sport in an attempt to usurp BJOTF as the drama queen of the net, give reasons that are silly to most and then hypocritically engage in those same behaviors yourself, I figure you pretty much deserve anything you get, not only deserve it, but issued gold plated invitations.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:47 PM
ghall

Quote:
Tracy has taken great delight in being cantankerous to the point of be downright rude, insulting, malicious and difficult just to be difficult.
I find this most interesting. To me it sounds like a case of the pot calling the kettle black? Bwwwwaaaaaahahaaaaa.
Garry
Old 03-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ghall
I find this most interesting. To me it sounds like a case of the pot calling the kettle black? Bwwwwaaaaaahahaaaaa.
Garry
Old 03-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Who changed my user title?

Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett
Quote:
Originally posted by shmekelhead
Not that anyone asked me, but I feel I should throw in my two cents worth.
Not that you asked for this feedback, but you seem to start many of your posts with this opener. Why? Are you waiting for someone to ask you?
Old 03-07-2004, 07:17 PM

Wink Ring.....Ring......

Quote:
Originally posted by ghall
Garry
Old 03-08-2004, 05:20 AM

Re: Ring.....Ring......

Quote:
Originally posted by JeepKat

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?