Go Back   JeepBBS > What Where When > Get Out and Wheel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Get Out and Wheel Head 'em up and move 'em out! We're getting ready for a trail ride! Find a trail ride for your local or not so local area here. You can also post information about upcoming runs and off-road events in this section

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2007, 12:04 PM

Exclamation 2007 JeepBBS Johnson Valley Rookie Run ? THE FINAL DATE HAS BEEN SET

2007 JeepBBS Johnson Valley Rookie Run ? THE FINAL DATE HAS BEEN SET

After much thought and consideration for the objective of the Rookie Run we are changing the date.

We are changing the date for one reason only. The rookie run has a specific purpose. We want to give people an opportunity to see if playing on the serious rocks is something they want to do. As such, there will be a lot of attention and guidance paid to anyone in need to keep them out of trouble and their rigs as safe and damage free as humanly possible. We can not accomplish that goal while attempting to stay ahead of another group on the trail. We want to provide a relaxed atmosphere that provides the highest comfort level possible.

The only way to ensure that we attain our goal is to move the date to one where we can have a reasonable expectation of little or no competition for a specific trail, in this case, Sledgehammer.

Please email me to confirm your sign up and get the dates and schedule. jeffcassens@yahoo.com

Key rules are:

1. Bring firewood. 1 bundle per Jeep per day is a good rule of how much to bring. If you are unable to bring wood, please bring money - $30 will be the required donation to the Firewood Fund can. It gets cold out and we all enjoy the campfire. NO PALLETS or any wood with NAILS. This is prohibited by the BLM in the OHV.

2. Appropriate spare parts. You know your rig. Please make sure you have the correct spare parts. Front axle shafts and u-joints, steering parts, fluids, and a tire patch kit are all required. Rear axle shafts are recommended (at least 1 spare). Do not show up if your rig is not ready and there are known problems. Nothing ruins a good trip like a poorly maintained vehicle.

3. Rig Requirements: 33?s are the minimum tire size. Front and rear hard lockers. Tow hooks or recovery points. Winch is highly recommended but not required. Rig must be in good working order.

4. We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol on the trail - this means that you can?t BRING it on the trail either. Do not use your trail cooler to keep your beer cold ? alcohol stays in camp. There are no exceptions. Alcohol at camp is fine. Please be aware that the BLM specifically prohibits glass containers in the OHV.

5. Have a way to deal with your toilet needs in an environmentally responsible manner.

6. Have a great time!

I have the list of interested "rookies" but I will not post the names until I have an email from each one confirming the new date and telling me how many empty seats they have available in their Jeep.

Once I have that information you name will appear on this thread and you will be confirmed.

Thanks,

JeepBBS

The run is FULL. Unless I blew it and forgot someone that confirmed to me we have a full group. Please email me with any questions or issues - jeffcassens@yahoo.com

Rookies:
Jerry Bransford- no seat available
Igofshn (Al) - no seat available
Stuart - no seat available
XJKevin - no seat available
Rockjeep (Kory) - 2 seats available
Jason - no seat available
Paul Tyler- no seat available
Ryan Ford - no seat available
Beat98TJ - no seat available
Young Kim - no seat available
Kurt - no seat available

Crew:
Blaine
Erik
Brian
Adam (Chef)
Ron (Iceman)
Jeff (Paradiddle) and Sergey
Chris/Tammy
Joe Dillard
Matt Pascoe
Chuck Jones

Please email me immediately if you see a problem.

Thanks,

Jeff