Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Black Label

Black Label Have you been treated good or bad? Share your story. This is the place to praise or shame

Old 08-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Reggae

Angry Super Talent Technology Corporation

They sell computer memory modules and advertise lifetime warranty on some of their products.

The problem, the warranty doesn't worth the paper it is written on. It is actually a waste of money, and, most impotently, time, trying to get things replaced under their warranty.

When one of their memory modules failed, I went through their RMA process to get a replacement. I received the replacement -- it was a used, bad memory module; probably one that somebody else returned.

Just so there is no confusion what company I am writing about, here is their contact information:

SUPER*TALENT
2079 North Capital Avenue
San Jose, CA 95132 U.S.A.
Fax: (408) 941-0941
Support@supertalent.com
Old 08-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

That sucks. It reminds me of that scene in Tommy Boy with Chris Farley and David Spade:

Quote:
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
Ted Nelson, Customer: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of poop. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Re: Super Talent Technology Corporation

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
They sell computer memory modules and advertise lifetime warranty on some of their products.

The problem, the warranty doesn't worth the paper it is written on. It is actually a waste of money, and, most impotently, time, trying to get things replaced under their warranty.

When one of their memory modules failed, I went through their RMA process to get a replacement. I received the replacement -- it was a used, bad memory module; probably one that somebody else returned.

Just so there is no confusion what company I am writing about, here is their contact information:

SUPER*TALENT
2079 North Capital Avenue
San Jose, CA 95132 U.S.A.
Fax: (408) 941-0941
Support@supertalent.com
I'm thinking of crafting an email to them asking if they can just ship me the used bad memory and circumvent the whole warranty process delays.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Reggae

I called them on the phone today and tried to reason. But they insisted that I fill up a new return authorization request form and send it to them by FAX.

I am giving them one last chance to redeem their reputation (although I suspect it is going to fall into the ?full me twice, shame on me? category); after that it is Better Business Bureau time.

Jeff, great quote, very funny.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Reggae

I just checked with BBB. This company already has unsatisfactory record.

Here is what I think I am going to do:

I am going to wait for the response to my new RMA request one more day. Then, I will return the bad memory module they sent me, with return authorization or without. Then, I will wait for a good memory module for 2 more weeks. Failing to receive that, I will file complaints with BBB and with FTC.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:14 PM

That sucks sergey. I don't know what you were buying memory for, but if it was for a PC, i've had very good success using Crucial.com.

Their pricing has always been fair too.

Hopefully you get some sort of positive resolution in the end.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by speaceman
That sucks sergey. I don't know what you were buying memory for, but if it was for a PC, i've had very good success using Crucial.com.

Their pricing has always been fair too.

Hopefully you get some sort of positive resolution in the end.
Agreed. Crucial is a good company with excellent product. I've never had a problem with any RAM from them (and I've bought a lot...).
Old 09-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Reggae

For what it worth, I received a replacement memory module today.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to chef
good or bad? what sort of memory?
Old 09-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Reggae

It powers up, but I haven't put it through the paces yet.

It's a 1GB PC27000 ECC Reregistered DDR-333 memory module.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:48 PM

Why on earth are you buying anything from a place called SUPER TALENT TECHNOLOGY COMPANY

The name is a dead giveaway that they are asian gray marketers!

Jeff