Go Back   JeepBBS > Marketplace > Buy/Sell Jeep Stuff

Buy/Sell Jeep Stuff Anything legal you want to purchase or get rid off, let fellow jeepers know about it here

Old 01-21-2008, 01:09 PM

AX-15 tranny, clutch, master/slave hydraulic clutch system, San Diego pickup only

This is for pickup ONLY in the San Diego area, please do not ask if I will ship.

AX-15 5-speed manual transmission out of my personal '97 Jeep Wrangler TJ. It only fits the 4.0L engine. This transmission has some miles on it, 174,000 to be exact, but it is in VERY good condition. I have owned this transmission since brand-new, and I only pulled the transmission Saturday to convert my Jeep to an automatic transmission. Otherwise the AX-15 transmission was working fine as of Friday.

I personally have only run the best quality synthetic gear lube available for it, Redline MT-90. I personally changed its gear lube four times which is twice as often as the factory recommmends. Since the factory gear lube fill, it has only run Redline MT-90. When I pulled this transmission this past Saturday to convert to the automatic transmission, the transmission was still driving fine. I drive this Jeep every day. The transmission was shifting fine with no known problems whatsoever. It has the typical 2nd gear clash if you shift too fast but for normal shifting, it does not grind between gears. It shifts fine, no known problems whatsoever. I am a Jeep enthusiast, and I'm older, so this transmission has never been abused or raced.

So as of Friday when I last drove it, the transmission drove and shifted like the day I bought it new at North County Jeep in Escondido 5/96.

This transmission is, however, sold "As Is". All I can represent and say is that it worked fine as of Friday 1/18/08. $250 or best offer, no offers under $200 will be considered.

I also have an 8 month old Luk clutch, throwout bearing, and pressure plate which have around 7,000 miles on them. I installed them myself last March and as of Friday, they were all working fine too. $50 OBO.

Finally, the clutch hydraulic system is for sale too. Clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder, and line. This is one piece and sealed as a unit. $50.

If you are seriously interested, email me only at jerrypb (at) cox dot net as I will not be checking this ad on a regular basis.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:00 PM

Sold!