Go Back   JeepBBS > What Where When > Overlanders Unlimited
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Overlanders Unlimited This is a forum to discuss expedition vehicles and trailer options, a place to talk about builds, modifications, and designs, as well as past and future adventure trips.

Old 11-24-2004, 12:47 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
I'll be in Tucson on the 17th and the 18th for a long layover each day

I know there are some Tucson folks here and I'm interested in meeting up with you guys.

On Friday the 17th I arrive at 1:40pm and will be at the hotel by 2pm.

On Saturday the 18th I arrive at 3pm and could be at the hotel by 3:15pm.

I doubt I could tag along for some wheeling since I'll be in town later in the day on Saturday but if there is something close by we could hit it.

If anything, maybe we could do dinner and a small Meet and Greet with some others down there.

PM me or post here if interested.

Like usual, I do not have transportation.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 11-24-2004, 01:44 PM

LAX, LAX, LAX - you keep going through the wrong damn airport kiddo.

Of course, today - you don't want to be going through LAX.

(I'm hiding on the airfield - not going into the terminals today - no way no how - and you can't make me!)

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:50 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Jeff I've been trying to get back there and I did have a killer 21 hour layover last period but forgot to post or contact you.

Suprisingly PHX isn't bad today, not a lot of the flights have been full.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 11-24-2004, 01:52 PM

I gave TSA your picture, told them you _really_ enjoy being searched

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Arizona Chick

Thanks a lot!!! Lord knows I'm hard up and could use that attention.

Old 11-24-2004, 02:44 PM

I'm assuming you're talking about December, right? I should be able to meet up for dinner one of those days (probably Friday - Saturday is usually reserved for wheeling).

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 11-25-2004, 10:40 AM
Arizona Chick

I am talking about this coming month of December.

Dinner would be cool and I'll post more info as the date gets closer.

Old 11-25-2004, 11:42 AM

Sounds good - I'll need a reminder so I don't schedule myself to work that night.

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 12-15-2004, 01:20 PM
Arizona Chick

Dan here's your reminder. I'll PM you in a few with the hotel location.

Old 12-15-2004, 03:17 PM

Returned PM.

Theodore Roosevelt