Go Back   JeepBBS > What Where When > Overlanders Unlimited
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Overlanders Unlimited This is a forum to discuss expedition vehicles and trailer options, a place to talk about builds, modifications, and designs, as well as past and future adventure trips.

Old 01-25-2005, 07:45 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Dan and Fred, I'm back in Tucson on Thursday

I'll be at the hotel by 12:30pm and will be there all day. I'm interested meeting up again if you have time.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 01-25-2005, 10:14 PM

I have to see what happens at work tomorrow - I know I have some BS training Thursday morning, but if I can't find the @$$holes that were AWOL tonight I'll probably have to track them down Thursday night.

I hate working when there is a full moon.....

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 01-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Dan,

Can I assume you are a peace officer? If so, is it really true that all the crazies come out on full moons? Yikes.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:30 PM

Surveillance officer for adult probation (we are considered peace officers, but don't deal with the general public - everyone I deal with is a criminal).

It is true about the full moon. I notice a difference in people's behavior in general, but combine the full moon with people who aren't the most mentally stable to begin with and it can get a bit interesting.

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 01-26-2005, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanB98TJ
Surveillance officer for adult probation (we are considered peace officers, but don't deal with the general public - everyone I deal with is a criminal).

It is true about the full moon. I notice a difference in people's behavior in general, but combine the full moon with people who aren't the most mentally stable to begin with and it can get a bit interesting.
Combine that with welfare payday and look out!
Old 01-26-2005, 09:41 AM

Nah, these people don't need to wait for payday to get their drugs and booze - their "friends" give it to them. In all the years I've been doing this, maybe two or three people have admitted to actually buying the stuff.

Gee, if that is true, how do the drug dealers make so much money? Surely not by giving out free samples.

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 01-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Well Dan, if you can cool, if not, don't worry about it. Call my call, I'll PM you the # again.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 01-26-2005, 10:24 AM

Sounds good - I'll let you know once I find out how things go tonight. As hard as it has been raining it probably washed everyone out from under their rocks....

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 01-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Arizona Chick

It just took us 1 hour and 27 minutes (block to block) to fly from Tucson to Phoenix.

The rain in PHX is stinking.

Old 01-26-2005, 09:45 PM

Doesn't look like I'll be able to make it this time. Between work, doctor's appointment, and a last minute board meeting for the union my day is pretty much booked solid.

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 01-27-2005, 04:23 AM
Arizona Chick

It's cool. I'll figure out something to do.

Drunk dialing comes to mind since I have some time before I am not allowed to kick back one or two.