Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Black Label

Black Label Have you been treated good or bad? Share your story. This is the place to praise or shame

Old 03-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Travel Chair

After spending far too much money on the cheap Walmart stuff for several years, Kat and I bought some higher quality stuff from Travel Chair.

Last trip, the wind was nearly incessant with periods of calm from time to time. One of those times, I left the campfire to get something out of the camper and the wind started up again. It blew my chair into the fire resulting in this-

Still pretty functional, but it bothered me, so I contacted Travel Chair via email to see if there was someplace I could purchase new covers.

Daniel Roso, the Director of Sales replied back with an link to the different styles I could select from, and a phone number. I called him, and during a most pleasant conversation, made a few arrangements, and negotiated the price higher for a matching set of replacement covers which resulted in this happening a few days later.

A few minutes with a phillips screwdriver and I wound up with this-

The small table was thrown in as an unexpected bonus. It's perfectly adorable and exactly the right height for setting drinks on. He said he was throwing in a little something for our trouble. I expected a sticker, or a hat, not something useful.

This is how they started out-

Lesson learned. Buy it once, pay a bit more, and get many years of very satisfactory service from an outstanding company that understands great customer service.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:45 PM

Excellent. This is exactly the type of company who gets my business for life....as long as I first stop shopping at Walmart.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:56 PM

Wow, that is really cool. I love finding companies that get it right.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:04 PM

My favorite part is that Blaine had to argue with the guy because he wasn't charge ENOUGH for the replacement parts.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Internet jeeps rule!

Yeah I loved that part... it made me laugh. The fact that they threw in the free table is incredible. Besides, you hate stickers and you have enough hats.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Reggae

That was a great story, thank you for sharing it with us. I?ll move this thread into the ?Black Label,? forum, so it will be easier to find down the road.

I am currently dealing with a repair issue with a company that makes espresso machines. So far they are handling it very good. When I said I didn?t remember when I purchased the machine, they were willing to fix it for free, but when I remembered that it was almost three years ago, they said that they would charge me for the repair, but the price they quoted was more than reasonable. They are now mailing me a pre-paid UPS label to send the machine to them. I?ll probably post more details when this is over.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to ABQ TJ
Very nice!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Reggae

Thumbs up

My espresso machine is back. Well, not the exact one I sent for repairs, but the same model refurbished unit. Mmmm, enjoying my shot of espresso right now.

Overall I am very satisfied. The company name is Capresso.