Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > The Photo Circle
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Photo Circle Our brand spanking new forum to discuss and ask questions about anything related to photography. Also share you pictures and talk about creative works.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:43 PM

Best tool to post/manage photo website

So my internet provider gives me a free web page. I'd like to use it as a photo site.

I've only played with MS Frontpage as far as web page tools. What tool would you recommend to configure a web site to handle photos well.

I'd like the ability to lay it out similar to Blaine and Kathyrn's page www.justaddrocks.com as far as the thumbnails that you click to see the "big picture"

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 01-13-2007, 05:19 PM

http://www.raizlabs.com/magic/examples.asp

I haven't tried it but it looks cool. Less than $40.00
Old 01-14-2007, 01:22 AM
Reggae

My favorite, at the time, tool to create web photo albums is JAlbum. It?s free, it is very powerful, and, because of the open platform nature, there are many plug-ins made by different people to create albums of various shapes and forms.

Personally, I resize and prepare images for albums myself, as I am a control freak for the most part; but JAlbum is capable of processing bunches of pictures automatically, if that is your cup of tea.