Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 10:21 AM

My point is not about her hand which was unfortunate, but rather folks commenting on and comparing the 2 situations when they were at neither of them. You can yak about the result of the one all you want but if you weren't present at either of the situations, then you cannot possibly compare the two.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:51 AM

Hi Guys, Tjhis is Mike of "Mike & Donna". John told me about this list. For the guy whose argument was that the Jeep in the picture was stopped, guess what? So was ours. We were at full stop, in gear, key off, foot on brake. It happened so fast there was no time to react, just ride it out. I was firmly attatched to the wheel, but Donna wasn't. I could write volumes on what went wrong, but oi this small slice of the "lose your hand" pie, NEVER grab the roll bar, even at a stop. I don't even use it to get in any more. I also painted it with herculiner, whech has a surface that is uncomfortable to grab, so you let go right away.

Mike
Old 12-24-2003, 12:04 PM

I'm a creature of habit, so I avoid grabbing the roll bar in any situation. If I grab it in "normal" situations, I'm sure I'd do it in a "reaction" type situation as well. I have a full length grab handle across the front of the dashboard. Passengers are also instructed to cross their arms and grab the shoulder harness straps.

While we're visiting this, how many of you wear your shoulder harness' on a regular basis? I generally just wear a 3" lap belt. Seats and belts are mounted to the cage.

I'm currently running 280ZX seats, with PRP's on the way. I hope the PRP's work better with the shoulder harness, and I'll wear them more often.

91yj, SOA
Old 12-25-2003, 12:47 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by jeepik
brb, gotta get the Butter for the popcorn

Deserves got nothing to do with it
Old 12-26-2003, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike-Jeep
Hi Guys, Tjhis is Mike of "Mike & Donna". John told me about this list. For the guy whose argument was that the Jeep in the picture was stopped, guess what? So was ours. We were at full stop, in gear, key off, foot on brake. It happened so fast there was no time to react, just ride it out. I was firmly attatched to the wheel, but Donna wasn't. I could write volumes on what went wrong, but oi this small slice of the "lose your hand" pie, NEVER grab the roll bar, even at a stop. I don't even use it to get in any more. I also painted it with herculiner, whech has a surface that is uncomfortable to grab, so you let go right away.

Mike
hi mike.
first let me say welcome and i'm sorry you had to find our board in the manner in which you did.

thank you for your input and i'm hoping you stick around. we have some commonality in that myself and few others here are also involved with fopv and the little chief site.

for now, I am going to close this thread and if folks further wish to discuss cages and accidents, i'm asking that a separate thread be started.
Closed Thread