Go Back   JeepBBS > Marketplace > Jeep Aftermarket Companies

Jeep Aftermarket Companies If you have a jeep related business you can let JeepBBS visitors know about it here. Also this is the section where you can post information about 4 wheel drive shops and companies that sell automotive and jeeping related products

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 05:38 PM

Roof rack

Anyone heard of the OffRoad Logic roof rack for the JK, TJ, and YJ?
I was thinking about getting one
Old 11-05-2007, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepolarbear85 View Post
Anyone heard of the OffRoad Logic roof rack for the JK, TJ, and YJ?
I was thinking about getting one
Buyer Beware: I ordered an Offroad Logic Jeep roof rack July 18. I paid the company nearly $2,000 up front with my American Express using PayPal. Allegedly, production delays were holding up my order, according to an e-mail I received. These e-mails postponed and delayed me until it was too late to seek remedy from my credit card company, or PayPal. On September 13, tired of waiting any more, I requested they cancel my order and provide a full refund. I got a response the same day telling me that my refund would be processed `in a few days` and promising a free gift for my troubles (I don't care about the gift). When I didn't hear further and did not receive my refund (or the free gift), I began pursuing the company by e-mail and phone with no resolution. I have yet to get ORL to answer the phone or return a phone call. We have traded numerous e-mails, but the company remains evasive, promising payment but no timeframe. I pursued a complaint through the Better Business Bureau, and the company never responded! Yet the company has updated their website, is still taking orders and is visiting trade shows promoting themselves. I feel like I a victim of a fraud -- they took my money, held it and delayed me, never sent my product ordered and then never issued the promised refund.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:43 PM

I don't know how paypal affects things, but you should still be able to contest a charge with your CC company. If you don't have the product, that's pretty cut and dry for having your CC step in.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcginnes View Post
Buyer Beware: ...................................and then never issued the promised refund.
Good (but painfull) lesson there; If they run your card before they ship, only give them 30 days (or less) to deliver. I got the runaround from Off Road Toy Store big time. It took threats to the AG to get any resolution and even then it was with a sour attitude.

Never again! I don't use my VISA card to front operating cash to disorganized businesses.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermudacat View Post
I got the runaround from Off Road Toy Store big time. It took threats to the AG to get any resolution and even then it was with a sour attitude.
I called them a while back about a product. They said they didn't have it in stock but that I could place my order, pay for it, and that it would ship out as soon as they received it. Instead, I told them to contact me when the product got in, so that I could order it. I never heard from them.